Delusions of Billy

ilkleyram

In today's Guardian online and in the Times:

Lies have kept me out of work for over three years, claims Billy Davies

• Manager has been unemployed since Nottingham Forest sacking in 2014 
• ‘A smear campaign has driven me away. But I’ll be back soon,’ he says

Billy Davies had two spells with Nottingham Forest and was sacked in March 2014 following a 5-0 defeat to local rivals Derby County. 

Billy Davies has blamed his three-and-a-half year spell out of work on “lies and smears”, alleging there has been a deliberate and orchestrated campaign to sabotage him, and claiming 17 different clubs in England and Scotland have been specifically warned to steer clear of him.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/09/billy-davies-nottingham-forest-derby-county-no-job-smear-campaign

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

In today's Guardian online and in the Times:

Lies have kept me out of work for over three years, claims Billy Davies

• Manager has been unemployed since Nottingham Forest sacking in 2014 
• ‘A smear campaign has driven me away. But I’ll be back soon,’ he says

Billy Davies had two spells with Nottingham Forest and was sacked in March 2014 following a 5-0 defeat to local rivals Derby.

“A smear campaign has driven me away. For whatever reason, they have decided to take away from me something that I love. They have put my career on pause. But I’ll be back soon. I don’t think there is any doubt that one day I will be back at the top of football.”

How an you be back somewhere you have never been?

That alleged orchestrated campaign of smears and lies as I imagine it

"Hello, now, we were thinking of hiring Billy Davies, you worked with him, is he alright? he certainly gets results and has a long standing claim that keeping Notts forest out of league 1 was his biggest achievement in football?"

"He's a total pain in the backside"

Would be funny (and of course is) but he does sound genuinely mad. Perhaps hospital is the best place for him? It seems classic paranoid delusions that, apparently, an unnamed PR company has set out on a deliberate smear campaign against him on all manner of web platforms. And he still speaks of himself in the third person:

“These people identified a certain level of club that they knew Billy Davies was suited for — six EPL clubs, ten Championship clubs, one Scottish club. They have targeted 16, 17 clubs. That’s what they’ve done with their lies, their smears.”

It ends with him saying "But I’ll be back soon. I don’t think there is any doubt that one day I will be back at the top of football."

Don't hold your breath, Billy.

Top manager. Good bloke.

i was gutted for him at wembley when we went up that we weren't Preston.

He did a great job at forest - apart from the 5-0 defeat to us.

i can't really understand why they kept sacking him.

When he explained why the after match press conference should be before kick off, we could all see that that was a sound decision.

he was a bit unlucky that his solicitor mate was struck off too. 

And he was right nigel did seem to kick him.

he's not mad. Definitely not mad. Not at all. 

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/former-nottingham-forest-manager-billy-363098

Funnily enough he withdrew his application from the Hearts managerial position after they refused to change their internal structure following his recommendations. Must be a smear campaign then.

"I can only bring sucess if you let me hire all my mates and let me sign a whole host of new players"

"We dont have a budget for that"

"A conspiracy is keeping me out of the game"

Oh come on.

I doubt any prem club would seriously consider him, but he's proven at championship level.

Anyone else remember his return to forest when he forced out long serving much loved people in the club with the refrain "the innocent will not be harmed"?

It is weird, how a manager who's proven himself to be fantastic over the first season at least, hasn't managed to land any job for 3 years, when people with far inferior records slip from job to job.

Then I remember it's Billy Davies, and things make sense.*

That's another £50 banked from the PR company, cheers Billy.

Archived