Delusions of Billy

ilkleyram

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

How can we be 9 points clear of Southampton and 8 points clear of west brom at the end of a 46 game season and NOT deserve promotion...? 

As someone pointed out we should have used the next season to get the money stick with the manager and come down like Burnley did...but we fired him...which cost us. 

The truth of the matter is hat if Billy had gone anywhere else but Forest then no one would hold all this hate towards him, it's one of the most tin pot things about our supporters. 

That was actually me that suggested consolidation. But not with billy. 

I actually love that he went to forest. He created a real embarrassment for himself and them while he was there, twice. The past few season following forests trials and tribulations have been hilarious.

the reason I dislike him more since forest is because being able to see what he's doing a bit more objectively as helped me see what a little k******** he is, and made me think what Preston fans must've thought of us while we were celebrating the good times, knowing that Billy would always be looking after Billy.

Its ironic that that attitude, looking out for number 1, is what's killed his career.  

Preston fans hate him, derby fans hate him, and forest fans hate him. 

The only tin pot thing is that we were all happy to overlook his twatiness while he was bringing a level of success. But I think the cat is very much out of the bag, and clubs know that any success he brings is not worth the rest of the circus that comes with him. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

And the second we won at Wembley, we were the bookies favourite to go down, because it was clear to everyone that we weren't going to cut it with what we had, and billy kept reminding everyone that going up through the playoffs (which was his own fault) gave us a shorter transfer window, so all the low hanging fruit had already been taken. So the writing was in the wall, we were f****** before we even started. Probably should've used the season to consolidate and get ready for a couple of years of yoyoing. But instead ended up paying fortunes for players that were only good enough to play for a team that was doomed to relagation. 

He also went on holiday then argued over his contract for several weeks....with that shorter transfer window n all.....

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He also went on holiday then argued over his contract for several weeks....with that shorter transfer window n all.....

Yes, I knew there was something else I couldn't remember. He was moaning about what a disadvantage we had, and then faffed around more. He knew exactly what he was doing. And it back fired tremendously, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Except that him thinking he's a lot cleverer than he is also set us back a decade. I'm not too pleased about that bit. 

49 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think you're criticising the wrong end. Why didn't they let him employ his assistant? Why did they not give him the contract for over-achieving? The board doubled their money.

His signings were generally poor.

for every oakley and howard, there's 

jaymceveley

craig fagan

gary teale

claude davis

eddie lewis

bob malcom

andy griffin

robert earnshaw

benny feilhaber

kenny miller

tyrone mears

jon macken

andy todd

etc 

etc

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Yes, I knew there was something else I couldn't remember. He was moaning about what a disadvantage we had, and then faffed around more. He knew exactly what he was doing. And it back fired tremendously, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Except that him thinking he's a lot cleverer than he is also set us back a decade. I'm not too pleased about that bit. 

Don't agree with him setting us back a decade, no manager can do that.

Sure he left us with a poor team but the debt was not bad and it was not him that signed poor players on long contracts and high wages.

Keeping Oakley and Howard would have been a good start.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't agree with him setting us back a decade, no manager can do that.

Sure he left us with a poor team but the debt was not bad and it was not him that signed poor players on long contracts and high wages.

Keeping Oakley and Howard would have been a good start.

Okay, Paul Jewell did his fair share of the damage. 

He was a victim of his own success really. He had a 3 year plan, it was probably a good plan. But he went off plan by getting promoted in the first year. In hindsight, it probably would've been better if we were a bit more slow and steady. 

Parallels with Steve really. Too successful too quickly, raised expectations, suddenly we all think it's the dawning of a new era, and we need to rock the boat to keep the momentum, throwing the baby out with the bath water, and inadvertently killing the momentum.

With nogel everything was a lot slower and steadier, and that was probably for the best in the end. Until you eventually get to a point where you're comfortable with mediocrity. 

31 minutes ago, RamNut said:

His signings were generally poor.

for every oakley and howard, there's 

jaymceveley

craig fagan

gary teale

claude davis

eddie lewis

bob malcom

andy griffin

robert earnshaw

benny feilhaber

kenny miller

tyrone mears

jon macken

andy todd

etc 

etc

Don't forget Claude Davis. 

I know you did, but he's definitely worth mentioning twice. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

Okay, Paul Jewell did his fair share of the damage. 

He was a victim of his own success really. He had a 3 year plan, it was probably a good plan. But he went off plan by getting promoted in the first year. In hindsight, it probably would've been better if we were a bit more slow and steady. 

Parallels with Steve really. Too successful too quickly, raised expectations, suddenly we all think it's the dawning of a new era, and we need to rock the boat to keep the momentum, throwing the baby out with the bath water, and inadvertently killing the momentum.

With nogel everything was a lot slower and steadier, and that was probably for the best in the end. Until you eventually get to a point where you're comfortable with mediocrity. 

But getting promoted early is not a problem. Take the relegation next year on the chin and use the money to strengthen again. 

We panicked and wastes our money on absolute tripe.

Billy's like a really crap Mourinho. Builds a siege mentality, everyone's against us, we'll show them. But he's just not good enough to make the aggro that comes with that worth it. 

Mourinho causes a massive issue wifh the media, or having a doctor sacked, but you keep him, cos he'll win you a champions league. 

But Billy's not worth it. Keep him and you might get s play off place. There are better managers out there that come with less baggage and agro. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

But getting promoted early is not a problem. Take the relegation next year on the chin and use the money to strengthen again. 

We panicked and wastes our money on absolute tripe.

Yes, we did. That period after Jewell came in just buying all sorts of crap in an effort to save face. Pointless. We were going down, we needed to buy with a view to being a strong champ club. We probably would've got more points in the end. Get in some young hungry players rather than crap has beens who really couldn't give a s****. We probably would've got more points that season if we played the under 23s. 

Sont get me, a f****** hate Jewell too, probably moreso. At least billy did get us promoted, and has a decent track record for getting teams playing towards the top of the champ. Jewell did less than nothing for us. 

But this thread isn't about Jewell. And Jewell's not out there wondering why he's not got a job. 

Anyway what a load of tripe billy is coming up,with. A PR company telling lies bout him? Why on earth would they do that. A PR company wouldn't do anything unless someone was paying them to do it. And who would pay a PR company to tell lies about billy Davies? And what are these lies and why would it stop someone from employing him for three years?

billy was sacked by Derby and then by forest twice. He would probably still be able to get another job, but he has a reputation as a trouble maker. Is that the lie that is being perpetuated that he's a troublemaker. 

Anyway good riddance to him.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:55, Paul71 said:

We were outplayed at Wembley but OK i on your basis which seems to say a manager is only as good as his league position i presume you think Rafa benetiz was a better manager last season than Chris Hughton?

I presume also its actually untrue that Nigel Clough was on the shortlist for manager of the season, not just for the championship but overall. I mean how could he have been, Burton finished like 20th in the championship he must only have been the 20th best manager last season.

Was Nigel Cloughs remit at the start of the seaons to get Burton promoted...or to make sure they didn't go down..? and what did he do..? He did his job, he hit his targets, well done to him he did a sensational job.

Billy was on a 3 year plan to get us promoted and did it in 1..he did his job, he hit his targets, well done to him he did a sensational job.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Was Nigel Cloughs remit at the start of the seaons to get Burton promoted...or to make sure they didn't go down..? and what did he do..? He did his job, he hit his targets, well done to him he did a sensational job.

Billy was on a 3 year plan to get us promoted and did it in 1..he did his job, he hit his targets, well done to him he did a sensational job.

So you contradict yourself because you said George Burley couldnt have been as good as he didnt get us promoted, do you think seriously for one minute with no budget whatsover his remit was to get us promoted? Considering the previous seasons the fact he got us 4th in the championship and in the playoffs was an absolutely massive achievement but you dismiss it because he didnt get us promoted.

On 16/09/2017 at 20:10, Bris Vegas said:

Billy's football was dour, to say the least, but he wasn't given a chance in the PL.

We got promoted into arguably the toughest PL in history and while Gadsby was spouting stuff like 'We're not here to make up the numbers' we basically did just that with such a paultry budget.

We were pipped to players like Kenweyne Jones because shelling out £6m on one player was deemed to much for our board at the time. How can you survive when Robert Earnshaw is your record signing at £3.5m?

We didn't have the best of squads when we got promoted. A 'three-year plan' was branded about upon Billy's appointment. We got promoted in the first season with a complete rift-raft of a squad.

Oakley, Howard, Jones and Barnes were the only players capable of doing a job up there. The rest were utter rubbish. And of those four, three were sold in January and the other missed most the season with injury.

One of the few times I've agreed with you.  A short and succinct analysis.  Sometimes hindsight only shows the problem, but we all saw it coming, Eddie effing Lewis was the end before the season began

On 16/09/2017 at 23:57, MuespachRam said:

How can we be 9 points clear of Southampton and 8 points clear of west brom at the end of a 46 game season and NOT deserve promotion...? 

As someone pointed out we should have used the next season to get the money stick with the manager and come down like Burnley did...but we fired him...which cost us. 

The truth of the matter is hat if Billy had gone anywhere else but Forest then no one would hold all this hate towards him, it's one of the most tin pot things about our supporters. 

Agree and disagree, the florist thing does not influence me at all.  Remember the interview after Chelsea?  Has a screw loose.

thoroughly deserved promotion as much as we would have never scored against QPR we were not going to concede against WBA

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Actually Billy missed his target by two years. The three year plan was to get us up in three years time. He did it in one. Too quick.

9 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

One of his quotes "I'm an untapped premier league manager"

No you're a tapped non-premier league manager.

A big reason why we only got 11 points, equally to blame with Jewell. 

However at championship level he has a very good record, can't deny it (as much as I hate him) 

He's an unhinged premier league manager, maybe. 

On 9/18/2017 at 16:46, MuespachRam said:

Yes, yes Billy, that may all well be true, but you're still a git.

And stop speaking about yourself in the third person.

Archived