Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

4 hours ago, HantsRam said:

This is a true point.

The difference being that I don't recall  (and I've been a member of this forum since 2011) any similar hullabaloo about CM signing on as being the missing piece for a promotion push that would propel us to great heights.

Different times - our expectations are now somewhat different to the days of those signings - CM, JR et al. 

Hales was going to bring back the glory days - he was scoring for fun! Hence the use of him as a comparison. 

Hales classic comment 'Don't care if it comes off my bam' -probably his best chance of scoring,though I do remember him being put through 1 on 1 quite a long way out (often the most difficult chance) and whilst he was making his laboured 'run' we were all fearing the worst/waiting for a good larf,whereupon he bent a peach into the corner (definitely Normo end,and I reckon it was past Burridge)

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Hales classic comment 'Don't care if it comes off my bam' -probably his best chance of scoring,though I do remember him being put through 1 on 1 quite a long way out (often the most difficult chance) and whilst he was making his laboured 'run' we were all fearing the worst/waiting for a good larf,whereupon he bent a peach into the corner (definitely Normo end,and I reckon it was past Burridge)

V blackpool

i don't suppose he meant it.

billy ronson was in midfield for them. Heavily linked with us. It never happened and his career never took off.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

V blackpool

i don't suppose he meant it.

billy ronson was in midfield for them. Heavily linked with us. It never happened and his career never took off.

Are you sure? I was convinced it was against Burridge in a league game v Villa.Don't tell me he scored 2 of em.I know it was Normo end-are you saying it was in a cup game?

5 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Are you sure? I was convinced it was against Burridge in a league game v Villa.Don't tell me he scored 2 of em.I know it was Normo end-are you saying it was in a cup game?

The Blackpool game was a cup game.

he did score against villa too. In a .2-1 win? Peach of a leighton james free kick for the other?

p.s. From memory

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

The Blackpool game was a cup game.

he did score against villa too. In a .2-1 win? Peach of a leighton james free kick for the other?

p.s. From memory

Yeah,just been on Wiki,and we could both be right,because Burridge transferred from Blackpool to Villa around that time.I remember being amazed by the finish-completely out of 'character'.

7 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Yeah,just been on Wiki,and we could both be right,because Burridge transferred from Blackpool to Villa around that time.I remember being amazed by the finish-completely out of 'character'.

This is the villa game - april 1977

https://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-aston-villa-09-april-1977-83835/

P.s. I didn't remember that john robson was playing

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

This is the villa game - april 1977

https://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-aston-villa-09-april-1977-83835/

P.s. I didn't remember that john robson was playing

Neither did I ! I see Budgie was playing for Villa. Can you remember if we played Blackpool at BBG,and if so which end Hales scored at,as that may seal it.Must admit I thought the cracker Hales scored was later in his short career,when we all realised what a heap of poo he was,which made the goal even more astonishing. Bent it to the keeper's left iirc.

1 minute ago, ramblur said:

Neither did I ! I see Budgie was playing for Villa. Can you remember if we played Blackpool at BBG,and if so which end Hales scored at,as that may seal it.Must admit I thought the cracker Hales scored was later in his short career,when we all realised what a heap of poo he was,which made the goal even more astonishing. Bent it to the keeper's left iirc.

It was at the normanton end for both.

tbh i think they were very similar goals. Left footed. Fairly central. Edge of the box.

my remark - he didn't mean it was a bit unfair.

He meant it.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It was at the normanton end for both.

tbh i think they were very similar goals. Left footed. Fairly central. Edge of the box.

my remark - he didn't mean it was a bit unfair.

He meant it.

The one I remember he was put through a long,long way from goal,And I can still see that laboured run to the edge of the box.I thought he was going to attempt to take it round Burridge,and was waiting for a good laugh.

22 minutes ago, ramblur said:

The one I remember he was put through a long,long way from goal,And I can still see that laboured run to the edge of the box.I thought he was going to attempt to take it round Burridge,and was waiting for a good laugh.

I think it was the villa one.

but.....i've just remembered the one i was thinking of was at the Ozzo end. Weren't they both?

14 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think it was the villa one.

but.....i've just remembered the one i was thinking of was at the Ozzo end. Weren't they both?

No,the one I'm thinking of was def Normo.

38 minutes ago, Gritters said:

It may have fizzled out but I need to know if Derek Hales scored at the Normanton End v Blackpool.

Does anyone have any footage??

One thing I know is that I might well have missed Blackpool replay,as would have been midweek and I often had indoor sports fixtures that made me miss them.If Hales scored cracker at Ossie end I'm sure I'd have remembered it if I were there.I know,without a shadow of a doubt,that the goal I saw was Normo end,because it was one of the few times I quit the Popside to stand there.I could see the bend on the ball quite clearly.Pretty sure it was v Villa.

Archived