Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Lame from the league since the intent was there from all the parties.

nevertheless it's not a big deal is it?

We'd never even heard of this guy anyway. Let's move along, hoping GT is fit. Just a bit disappointed we let Elsnik and Bryso go if I'm being honest.

Sheep happens.

Mr Morris is hardly on good terms with the EFL at the moment!...

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd never even heard of this guy anyway. Let's move along, hoping GT is fit. Just a bit disappointed we let Elsnik and Bryso go if I'm being honest.

Sheep happens.

Of course we'd heard of him, he scored a screamer at PP for a start and was one of Rowett stalwarts at Brum. Reasonably well known to anyone that watched Champ games and highlights.

17 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I think the line in the club statement thanking Birmingham City for their help and understanding is important. I suspect that a deal for January has been agreed - we may even be upping the fee to cover his wages for the next four months!

He couldn't play for us until January, even if we took the player now, so it may be better all round that he keeps ticking over for the Blues.

Just a thought.

Quite possible that we never sign him now

funny old game ! 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Sheep happens.

The thing is we would have been thin on the ground even if we did sign but now we look threadbare and haven't got a single first team midfielder you could call mobile. 

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Pretty much my thoughts as well.

Can't quite believe the over reaction, uttox. Hes suddenly the answer to our midfield woes? What does it matter if we are going 4-2-3-1 - especially since for the 2 spots we have hudds Johnson backed by Thorne Baird and ?  It's the creativity we need and no one said the dude had that anyway did they? 

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

The thing is we would have been thin on the ground even if we did sign but now we look threadbare and haven't got a single first team midfielder you could call mobile. 

Well then Bradley fighting vehicle better step his ass into gear or Thorne better get fit.

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Not ideal at all but it's hardly the end of the world, it's an opportunity for someone else to step up and stake a claim.

Who? Arguably our best midfield prospect from the academy has been loaned to Swindon... 

Callum Guy is probably the only realistic option but if we get an injury, it's a lot of pressure on a player that would probably otherwise only be making bit-part appearances this season

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This. Does it really matter that he signed the first copy in the wrong place, ffs? All was completed with good intent and on time. Petty by the EFL!

Rules may be rules, but there is also common sense. A situation where nobody wins. If Mel didn't like the EFL before...

Can't quite believe the over reaction, uttox. Hes suddenly the answer to our midfield woes? What does it matter if we are going 4-2-3-1 - especially since for the 2 spots we have hudds Johnson backed by Thorne Baird and ?  It's the creativity we need and no one said the dude had that anyway did they? 

I'm older than you Ninos so I can believe the over reaction.

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

Who? Arguably our best midfield prospect from the academy has been loaned to Swindon... 

Callum Guy is probably the only realistic option but if we get an injury, it's a lot of pressure on a player that would probably otherwise only be making bit-part appearances this season

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Guy impressed in League One last season, Thorne is obviously always doubtful but he does still exist, Max Bird is one of our U23's best players already.

I'm not saying it's a perfect situation, someone has ballsed up and I bet GR is fuming but the way some are carrying on you'd think Keith was the difference between promotion and relegation.

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

So if we get a single midfield injury, we're gonna be forced to use u23s in the starting XI? For a team that in their own words wanted to challenge for the title, that is shocking...

Would rather that than be paying the backup to the backup to the backup first team wages. Each to their own.

Archived