• Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ram of Steel said:

Carson

Keogh Davies Shackell

Wisdom                                     Olsson

Huddlestone Keith

Lawrence 

Martin/Winnall       Vydra

Really think we should be making use of 3 at the back with the centre halves we have at our disposal then I think our top 3 could become somewhat of a holy trinity ?

Wisdom isn't suited to playing wing back and shackell would get slaughtered on the left hand side. Plus if your playing a back 3, you'd absolutely want Keogh at the centre of it.

15 hours ago, Ninos said:

Pretty funny that he gets dropped after doing squat, then the manager clearly unhappy with striking options adds Winnall, has talked repeatedly about Vydra playing behind the solo striker, and now we have a fan poll confirming how lowly rated martin actually is in the real world ... and the martin forum gang is back out trying to beat the drum for another chance for Martin in a new position.

Reality is that the dude is washed up, doesn't work hard enough for a Rowett team, and will at best be second off the bench after Nugent, while Winnall knicks his centre forward position from the off.

Give up already. Let's move this team forwards not backwards.

Complete and utter, unsubstantiated,ill informed,biased drivel.....as usual.

It's worth Martin playing and scoring just so you can go back into hiding and we don't have to put up with this rubbish.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Thorne Keith

Weimann      Vydra    Lawrence

Martin

I think Olsson's looked good but while I'd maintain that Forsyth is the best LB at the club, Lowe should be starting when he can now. Wisdom gives the LB the license to roam forward, I think Lowe is the best attacking LB. He's also an academy product I think we can develop without harming the teams chances at the top 6.

Thorne is our best midfielder, for me. Huddlestone's clearly a top class option but I get the feeling Thorne will beat him out for the spot. You need the energy of Keith next to either of them though. FWIW I think Johnson's still a good option next to Thorne/Huddlestone.

Vydra and Lawrence are pretty obvious for me. I think putting Weimann (or Russell really) in with them mean the three behind the striker could be pretty fluid and interchangeable. I've gone with Weimann because I think we do need a right footed player on the right wing because we're not getting many crosses in with a Wisdom overlapping. Having Martin and Vydra in the box hopefully means we're better from crosses.

Martin is the best striker at the club, I think him and Vydra could play off each other really well. They could both play as the 9 or 10, which I like because they can switch it up in game. Once we're settled I'd say having a striker the team can play off will take us to the next level.

I fully expect to see games where we go with counter-attacking energy and pressing, starting Winnall/Nugent and maybe even Anya but I think Martin's our best plan of attack.

Carson 

Wisdom   Keogh  Shackell  Ollson

Huddlestone Thorne 

Russell           Vydra        Lawrence 

? 

I honestly don't know who out best centre forward is ? We have 3 top class centre forwards at this level. Will depend on form and opposition I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Thorne Keith

Weimann      Vydra    Lawrence

Martin

I think Olsson's looked good but while I'd maintain that Forsyth is the best LB at the club, Lowe should be starting when he can now. Wisdom gives the LB the license to roam forward, I think Lowe is the best attacking LB. He's also an academy product I think we can develop without harming the teams chances at the top 6.

Thorne is our best midfielder, for me. Huddlestone's clearly a top class option but I get the feeling Thorne will beat him out for the spot. You need the energy of Keith next to either of them though. FWIW I think Johnson's still a good option next to Thorne/Huddlestone.

Vydra and Lawrence are pretty obvious for me. I think putting Weimann (or Russell really) in with them mean the three behind the striker could be pretty fluid and interchangeable. I've gone with Weimann because I think we do need a right footed player on the right wing because we're not getting many crosses in with a Wisdom overlapping. Having Martin and Vydra in the box hopefully means we're better from crosses.

Martin is the best striker at the club, I think him and Vydra could play off each other really well. They could both play as the 9 or 10, which I like because they can switch it up in game. Once we're settled I'd say having a striker the team can play off will take us to the next level.

I fully expect to see games where we go with counter-attacking energy and pressing, starting Winnall/Nugent and maybe even Anya but I think Martin's our best plan of attack.

Think that's a pretty spot on assessment and it's probably what I'd look to pick. Whether Rowett agrees, time will tell 

23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Don't know about Rowett's but mine (currently) would be:

Carson

Wisdom       Keogh           Davies      Forsyth

Huddlestone     Kieftenbeld

Russell                 Vydra              Lawrence

Martin

I would go with that but bring Thorne in for Keith when fully fit........

58 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Think that's a pretty spot on assessment and it's probably what I'd look to pick. Whether Rowett agrees, time will tell 

Shame we didn't get Davis, he's a really good example of the energetic DM we've been droning on about all summer.

I think Keith represents a bit of a bargain though, he'll definitely get the job done.

32 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Shame we didn't get Davis, he's a really good example of the energetic DM we've been droning on about all summer.

I think Keith represents a bit of a bargain though, he'll definitely get the job done.

Actually kinda glad we didn't get Davis, he's just a bit too poor on the ball for my liking and I think it would lead to problems. Keith isn't great on the ball but good enough for the role he will be doing if that makes sense ?

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh        Davies     Forsyth

Huddlestone Keith

Lawrence           Vydra         Johnson

Nugent 

Thorne in for Keith when fit.

Rotate Nugent/Martin/Winnall to form.

Subs - the usual suspects.

7 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Wisdom isn't suited to playing wing back and shackell would get slaughtered on the left hand side. Plus if your playing a back 3, you'd absolutely want Keogh at the centre of it.

I disagree, although he is better defensively, to me he's always seemed more than capable of going forward. Suppose you could always have him cb instead of Davies or shackell and put anya rwb instead 

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh    Davies   Forsyth

Kieftenbeld

Huddlestone   Thorne

Lawrence                         Vydra

Martin

Obviously Thorne can be replaced by Johnson for a bit more of an attacking look, Martin for Nuge or Winall, Vydra could be replaced by Russell if we want to be s****...

15 hours ago, Ram of Steel said:

I disagree, although he is better defensively, to me he's always seemed more than capable of going forward. Suppose you could always have him cb instead of Davies or shackell and put anya rwb instead 

Fair enough, I don't think he is good enough going forward to play wing back and I think it would becoming more much of a back 5. But I do think he'd be ideal to play as the RCB of the three. 

For me if I were to play a back 3/5 I'd say our top 3 options are for each position  in order of preference: 

RWB: Anya, Wiemann (not ideal), Wisdom (Not ideal)

RCB: Wisdom, Baird, Keogh

CB: Keogh, Davies, Pearce (Not ideal)

LCB: Davies, Forsyth, Shackell (Not ideal)

LWB:Lowe, olsson, Forsyth (if gets back to full marauding fitness) 

Also anya could equally play at LWB and maybe after seeing him Lawrence might be able to fulfill one of the wing back slots.

On 02/09/2017 at 12:20, Nuwtfly said:

Don't know about Rowett's but mine (currently) would be:

Carson

Wisdom       Keogh           Davies      Forsyth

Huddlestone     Kieftenbeld

Russell                 Vydra              Lawrence

Martin

This, except I'd swap Nugent in for Martin.  

If he's any good Kieftenbeld should really suit our team.

21 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh    Davies   Forsyth

Kieftenbeld

Huddlestone   Thorne

Lawrence                         Vydra

Martin

Obviously Thorne can be replaced by Johnson for a bit more of an attacking look, Martin for Nuge or Winall, Vydra could be replaced by Russell if we want to be s****...

Super? 

We are Derby, we are Derby, Super Derby, Super Rams

Our squad seems naturally set up for a 3-5-2, I wonder if that's where we're going?

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies

Thorne

Anya         Huddlestone         Forsyth

Lawrence

Martin      Vydra

Cracking bench too.

2 minutes ago, Vienna said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Baird  Huddlestone Kieftenbeld

Thorne

Lawrence           Vydra

Winnal

Really, Baird at wing back? No chance, Kieftenbeld at wing back? No chance, he is a defensive midfielder, and Baird is so much better at defending than attacking, so please Mr Rowett is picking the team, and not yourself and many others on this forum Lol.

On 01/09/2017 at 17:37, sage said:

You mean when he passed it too slowly and behind the forward. Get ya now.

Good point. 

I like Martin but Christ Vydra did fantastically well to create that golden opportunity from nothing for him.

should have been aware enough to know he had time for a touch. 

Archived