• Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Wisdom       Keogh       Davies       Forsyth

Huddlestone     Keiftenbeld

Lawrence           Martin             Vydra

Winnall  

10 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Martin is no way near mobile enough to be a no.10!

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah, stick him up front and watch him bag 20 goals a season. Well said matey

He used to play there for Norwich. 

Remember when Ramage said that to Rowett? He dismissed him.

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Carson

Winnall  

No place for a fully fit George Thorne in GR's first 11?  I fear you may be correct about that and it's depressing.

Honestly ? I really don't know. The nailed ons seem to be Carson, Wisdom, keogh, Davies and Huddlestone. After that you have to expect Lawrence will first 11 and then there are a lot of maybes. 

Olsson seems to be outperforming Forsyth but most would consider Fozzy the better playing when fully fit.

I suspect kieftenbeld has been brought in to pair with Huddlestone but he could be just cover.

Vydra has looked bright this season but has also been wasteful. 

Nugent has done ok without setting the world alight and again has been a bit wasteful.

Both wiemann and Russell have looked good one week, poor the next.

Martin hasn't done a deal but has had very very little service or support when played.

Has Winnall been brought to be a first teamer or a rotation option ? Where do we plan on playing him?

In short it's a bit hard to predict exactly where Rowett will go, particularly with attacking options.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

To be honest there's one or two who could play a variety of positions in the front 4. From what people have said of Winnall I could quite see him fighting out with Weimann for that wide-player-who-cuts-in (otherwise known as The Jamie Ward) role

30 minutes ago, sage said:

Carson

Winnall  

I'd swap George for Keiftenbeld and swap Martin and Winnal around as Lawrence, Winnall and Vydra are more than mobile and capable of linking up with Martin...I think it looks a decent set-up..solid at the back with cover in the midfield and mobility and guille in the offensive third...

10 minutes ago, HectorsHouse said:

I'd swap George for Keiftenbeld and swap Martin and Winnal around as Lawrence, Winnall and Vydra are more than mobile and capable of linking up with Martin...I think it looks a decent set-up..solid at the back with cover in the midfield and mobility and guille in the offensive third...

Sheringham played behind the main CF and he had no pace.  

2 hours ago, sage said:

2 hours ago, cannable said:

So Craig Ramage was saying until Gary Rowett layeth the smackdown.

Did rowett 'layeth the smackdown' ? I am sure he just said is that right, and ok. 

Probably one of very few times I will say this but ramage was correct and rowett was wrong.

The most successful number 10s are creative, mobile, and often little magicians. Let's say sage is right and Martin played in that position years ago, I bet Martin is very different now from all those years ago and I am guessing that was in league one he did that role?

vydra and Lawrence are primary and secondary choices in that position for me.

23 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Did rowett 'layeth the smackdown' ? I am sure he just said is that right, and ok. 

Probably one of very few times I will say this but ramage was correct and rowett was wrong.

The most successful number 10s are creative, mobile, and often little magicians. Let's say sage is right and Martin played in that position years ago, I bet Martin is very different now from all those years ago and I am guessing that was in league one he did that role?

vydra and Lawrence are primary and secondary choices in that position for me.

Is Vydra creative?

Archived