Rowett's first choice 11?

Highgate

Disagree. At times last season Bairds distribution was outstanding. Seldom let the team down - unlike most. I'm as concerned about the attitude and application of the selected as their supposed skill - hence no Martin or Johnson. Plus if we see Thorne and Huddlestone in the same team - and I'm not sure about this - feel we'll need the mobility of Kieftenbeld on the pitch. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I like Martin but Christ Vydra did fantastically well to create that golden opportunity from nothing for him.

should have been aware enough to know he had time for a touch. 

If you think he had time for a touch, please watch it again. 

He didn't. 

We've got lots of different options for lots of different systems, which is something that will help & hinder us in the short term, and we're still to find out just how certain players will settle into the side. Winnall & Kieftenbeld are completely different types of players to what we've signed in the past. Usually, we've gone for the form players that are bang in form. I'd argue these two are players Rowett considers underperforming to their own ability for one reason or another and believes he can kick them on to the next level. 

Kief may not be anywhere near the likes of Hughes or even Butterfield with a football, however, neither was Eustace. If Keif can complement Huddlestone, a player who is exceptionally technical, then it significantly improves the team. It all remains to be seen, though.

37 minutes ago, Vienna said:

Disagree. At times last season Bairds distribution was outstanding. Seldom let the team down - unlike most. I'm as concerned about the attitude and application of the selected as their supposed skill - hence no Martin or Johnson. Plus if we see Thorne and Huddlestone in the same team - and I'm not sure about this - feel we'll need the mobility of Kieftenbeld on the pitch. 

Baird is great as a right back can head, tackle, read the game and pass the ball, but has no pace, so is no good as a wing back, to play wing back you need pace.

18 hours ago, Vienna said:

With greatest of respect I don't think your grasping the role of a wingback in a three at the back formation ,,,, the wingback has to have pace and massive stamina as he will cover far more ground than any other player on the team , he has to be the player getting up the field fast to provide the width and also the quality to go past defenders ,then be getting back into the full back position when we lose the ball ,,, whilst I think Baird is a decent full back he is in no way a wingback playing very often Three games a week at this stage of his career,in fact I don't think he had those qualities when younger

Archived