Rowett's first choice 11?

Highgate

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What has Vydra shown to make you think that he's all that?

Well he's mobile no one can question that? The creative part is the runs and dribbles he makes. It opens space up for the other attacking players to get into.  Just one example top of my head was Sunderland away ended up putting Martin through on goal. (And we will just leave it as that yeah :thumbsup: )

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Well he's mobile no one can question that? The creative part is the runs and dribbles he makes. It opens space up for the other attacking players to get into.  Just one example top of my head was Sunderland away ended up putting Martin through on goal. (And we will just leave it as that yeah :thumbsup: )

So that's creative in creating one missed chance? Runs and dribbles and what? I mean he's not exactly a magician is he!

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You mean when he passed it too slowly and behind the forward. Get ya now.

Good point. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So that's creative in creating one missed chance? Runs and dribbles and what? I mean he's not exactly a magician is he!

No he's not, but he's the best we have for that role. When you play a Martin type striker it's important to have a vydra type player to compliment them. Someone has to open up space and get that defence peddling back!

Just like the old kids football rhyme, 'fatty passed to skinny, skinny passed it back...':lol:    (Please tell me others have heard that)

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Did rowett 'layeth the smackdown' ? I am sure he just said is that right, and ok. 

Probably one of very few times I will say this but ramage was correct and rowett was wrong.

The most successful number 10s are creative, mobile, and often little magicians. Let's say sage is right and Martin played in that position years ago, I bet Martin is very different now from all those years ago and I am guessing that was in league one he did that role?

vydra and Lawrence are primary and secondary choices in that position for me.

Martin's played about 110 minutes for us as a #10. created three one on ones and scored

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Was it like the chance Vydra missed at Bolton? 

It was indeed just as bad, but does that make either bad players? Not in my book. Martins been our best striker for the past few years and there's no reason why that can't continue if he's given the chances. Equally just because Vydra has been a little bit wasteful shouldn't take away from the fact he's been one of our few shining lights this season in a role that suits him. Take away his movement, technical skill And vision and you're left with a side with very little flair imo. Both have the potential to be big players in a promotion chasing team, it's the players behind and around them that concern me more...

In a minute someone will say "Look at the Martin lovers"

Ignoring the fact again that it was a daft negative comment that only drew people to defend their own player. 

Still waiting to find out the Arsenal v Chelsea score when Hazard was the only Chelsea player on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It was indeed just as bad, but does that make either bad players? Not in my book.

Exactly mate.

I didn't say it to knock Vydra. 

Strikers miss sitters. All of them. They don't all score over 50 goals for Derby though. Which should earn a little respect from Derby fans even if that player is struggling.

But it doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Exactly mate.

I didn't say it to knock Vydra. 

Strikers miss sitters. All of them. They don't all score over 50 goals for Derby though. Which should earn a little respect from Derby fans even if that player is struggling.

But it doesn't. 

Mate I'm happy Chris Martin is a Ram is a Ram.  

He has to be given a chance by Rowett. 

I'm 50/50 between Thorne and Huddlestone. If Thorne is anywhere near he was before then I'd pick him because he's better defensively.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh  Davies   Forsyth

Thorne  Keith

Lawrence  Nugent    Vydra

Winnall

Would like to see something like that

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mate I'm happy Chris Martin is a Ram is a Ram.  

He has to be given a chance by Rowett. 

Same here.

Not bothered whether he starts on the bench or first choice. He's just beneficial to have in the squad.

Vydra on the wing is not something I like the look of. Why buy players to help gel a team, then stick square pegs in round holes...? Vydra behind a striker, probably Winnall with Lawrence and Russell on the wings will be the front 4. But you need rotation, which we have in abundance (still)

56 minutes ago, Alpha said:

As well as playing there for Crystal Palace and Norwich

Also there is whole element of how he plays his best football as a lone forward when he had license to drop into that #10 space. It's literally why he was so deadly with Bryson, Martin would come deep whilst Bryson burst into the space he vacated frequently leaving the opposing centre backs not knowing what to do. 

Archived