Mel seems confident.

Raminphilippines

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I bet the cynics on here will not turn down the offer should we be promoted and will gladly take their money back.

I would like to think they would say "Thank you for the offer Mel but I can't accept as I do not know what your true agenda is"

My bet is those on here who are cynics don't even have a season ticket. Or am I being cynical???

I'm a cynic, I don't have a season ticket. What's your point? Good luck if you get your money back, no problem with that.

I'm probably a 1.5 fan as I go to nearly all games and pay more than I would if I had a season ticket.  :whistle:

Mel has not got an agenda.. Well he might have for a week until it changes again.

17 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I'm a cynic, I don't have a season ticket. What's your point? Good luck if you get your money back, no problem with that.

I'm probably a 1.5 fan as I go to nearly all games and pay more than I would if I had a season ticket.  :whistle:

Mel has not got an agenda.. Well he might have for a week until it changes again.

My point is "If Mel is willing to give me a free season by giving me my money back (If we get promoted) then so be it". I do not really care what his motives are.

In these days of austerity every little helps.

If you are going to most games on an individual basis and paying more than the average season ticket then surely you can see the benefit.

Either that or you have too much money or a little daft. (As well as angry) Bummer I can't put the silly emoticon face on from this computer.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

I bet the cynics on here will not turn down the offer should we be promoted and will gladly take their money back.

I would like to think they would say "Thank you for the offer Mel but I can't accept as I do not know what your true agenda is"

My bet is those on here who are cynics don't even have a season ticket. Or am I being cynical???

You are correct I don't have a season ticket. My name on here is a clue to that. 

However I am willing to buy one if you pay for my return flight from the Philippines each match. 

18 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

My point is "If Mel is willing to give me a free season by giving me my money back (If we get promoted) then so be it". I do not really care what his motives are.

In these days of austerity every little helps.

If you are going to most games on an individual basis and paying more than the average season ticket then surely you can see the benefit.

Either that or you have too much money or a little daft. (As well as angry) Bummer I can't put the silly emoticon face on from this computer.

Just daft me mate... I support Derby :lol:

The only reason i don't buy a season ticket is that I like to move around. Bit of a pikey me.. Ooops that was not politically correct.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't accept the offer then. 

Contact the club now and tell them if it happens you would rather your money go to the club or to charity.

And for what it's worth, if you don't think MM is a charitable guy, I would suggest a bit of research. 

He might be charitable, but he ain't stupid. We ain't going up so it's hardly worth the gesture. It's like those "If Arsenal sign Mbappe, I will give everyone that RTs this £50" tweets. It's b******* because it ain't going to happen. It's about getting RTs. This is about getting STs renewed. And that's fine. It's a business, and the club needs ST money to survive. I just don't subscribe to the Saint Mel love in. 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

That's great, but not quite what he said/implied when he got a little carried away at the Silk Mill forum.

He has added 2 caveats. One in his favour and one on the supporters favour.

He has added only if you renew at the early bird discount period (April 2018)

However he has also said he will honour the deal to anyone who buys a season ticket by the end of the month.

For putting the meat behind a spur of the moment offer I think it is reasonable.

Surely if we are going to get promoted this season by April the vast majority will surely be wanting to renew. 

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Who cares if we probably won't go up and Mel saves his money?

Its the thought that counts.

Its a 50/50 chance.

I might be wrong on this, maths ain't my strong point, but isn't it a 3 out of 24 chance? Or a 12.5/87.5 chance?  Probably just helped the cynics there a bit.  :ph34r:

Either way, well played Mel.  Didn't have to do this and even if it ends up being a moot gesture, I really don't get why anybody would feel the need to be negative about it.  

4 hours ago, Raminphilippines said:

Anyone that purchases their 2017/18 Season Ticket no later than Saturday 30th September 2017, and renews their Season Ticket during the first period of sale for 2018/19 in early 2018, will receive their money back should the Rams be promoted to the Premier League this season.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/mel-morris-provides-season-ticket-holder-commitment

Wonder if he feels his money is safe. 

Yes...he knows his football does Mel and he's watched the same games as me so ...he may as well have offered a brand new Porsche 911 with every season ticket purchased...IF  we go up as champions this year. :mellow:

Heck, there are some miserable and cynical folk on this thread. 

Just accept it's a nice gesture.

If it doesn't happen, you've not lost anything but if it does, you'll get a season for free. What's not to like?

Also, I don't believe Mel has made the gesture based on his believe that we won't go up. The maths are quite simple, the lost season ticket revenue would be massively outweighed by other income. 

56 minutes ago, eddie said:

Ah well. The reason we haven't bought season tickets this year, for the first time since the Amigos, is that we both turn 65 in the new year. I mentioned this when the club asked us why we weren't renewing, but nobody there offered us a reduction to take account of that. Also, the memsahib has been a pensioner for 2 years already, and still has to pay full price.

I'm sure that the Hants seniors pay a reduced rate for their season ticket. They are both well into their 70s tho.....I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some kind of Seniors concession,  not least as a sort of loyalty reward.

44 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

He might be charitable, but he ain't stupid. We ain't going up so it's hardly worth the gesture. It's like those "If Arsenal sign Mbappe, I will give everyone that RTs this £50" tweets. It's b******* because it ain't going to happen. It's about getting RTs. This is about getting STs renewed. And that's fine. It's a business, and the club needs ST money to survive. I just don't subscribe to the Saint Mel love in. 

But by time season ticket renewals cone around in February or April I'm sure it should be pretty obvious by then if we are in with a shout of promotion or not?

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I'm sure that the Hants seniors pay a reduced rate for their season ticket. They are both well into their 70s tho.....I'd be very surprised if there wasn't some kind of Seniors concession,  not least as a sort of loyalty reward.

There is, but the ludicrous situation is that this season, it will cost us more to have a season ticket than to pay match by match, because half way through the season, we become eligible for cheaper match tickets, whereas the season ticket doesn't reduce in price for us until next season.

Just now, eddie said:

There is, but the ludicrous situation is that this season, it will cost us more to have a season ticket than to pay match by match, because half way through the season, we become eligible for cheaper match tickets, whereas the season ticket doesn't reduce in price for us until next season.

Ah. Poorly thought through pricing policy. So this season is an interregnum which at least gives you something to look forward to  next :thumbsup:

I'd like to thank Mel via the medium of dcfcfans.uk for this offer. 

It was impressive when Huddersfield did it, and it remains a cracking gesture.

Hope we can make it come to pass.

Archived