Mel seems confident.

Raminphilippines

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The premiership is falling over itself with money currently but those clubs are not offering this to their supporters 

we are very lucky to have a chairman who is local and spends his own money to put a smile on faces of Derby county followers 

we the supporters can only win with this promise 

18 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Or the club has a FFP issue and is in need of income through the books this tax year.

Advance sales of 18/19 tickets will have no impact on this year's P/L because this is based on income,as opposed to receipts. Any 18/19 sales will be treated as deferred income,a mechanism that prevents it getting into 17/18 P/L and eventually dumps it into 18/19 income,where it belongs.

I don't know why people can't just see it as a generous act,rather than looking for (bogus) agendas.

It's hardly likely to make a massive difference to the renewal rate.

It should be fairly obvious if there's a chance of going up or not by the end of the renewal period.

Hardly likely to see a stampede to buy before the end of this month, just to get a free ticket next season.

It's a decent and generous offer from the club, why does there have to be an ulterior motive?

16 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Advance sales of 18/19 tickets will have no impact on this year's P/L because this is based on income,as opposed to receipts. Any 18/19 sales will be treated as deferred income,a mechanism that prevents it getting into 17/18 P/L and eventually dumps it into 18/19 income,where it belongs.

I don't know why people can't just see it as a generous act,rather than looking for (bogus) agendas.

Not sure if I'm missing the point here but why are people talking about 18/19 season ticket sales?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure if I'm missing the point here but why are people talking about 18/19 season ticket sales?

The free tickets, if we are promoted, are for people who buy their season tickets for 18/19 in the first renewal period, this season.

1 hour ago, Raminphilippines said:

Anyone that purchases their 2017/18 Season Ticket no later than Saturday 30th September 2017, and renews their Season Ticket during the first period of sale for 2018/19 in early 2018, will receive their money back should the Rams be promoted to the Premier League this season.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/mel-morris-provides-season-ticket-holder-commitment

Wonder if he feels his money is safe. 

Free ticket next season

#positivementalattitude

38 minutes ago, rynny said:

The free tickets, if we are promoted, are for people who buy their season tickets for 18/19 in the first renewal period, this season.

Seems reasonable. So renewal this year was something like April so it's not like they are asking you to buy when we stand no chance of promotion? 

I bet the cynics on here will not turn down the offer should we be promoted and will gladly take their money back.

I would like to think they would say "Thank you for the offer Mel but I can't accept as I do not know what your true agenda is"

My bet is those on here who are cynics don't even have a season ticket. Or am I being cynical???

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seems reasonable. So renewal this year was something like April so it's not like they are asking you to buy when we stand no chance of promotion? 

First period was something like February to April, wasn't it? Most people that renew in that time frame are people that it isn't even a question if they will renew or not.

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

I've got news for some posters. Being cynical does not make you look like a better person, doesn't make you look clever and it makes you look like a sad act. 

Thanks Mel :)

Some call it cynical, some call it realistic. Mel is a businessman, he isn't Mother Theresa. 

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

Some call it cynical, some call it realistic. Mel is a businessman, he isn't Mother Theresa. 

I think it's great. Works for everyone. We get a reward for loyalty, Mel will be in the Prem and the 8-10 million this might cost will be a mere bagatelle. And if we don't go up at least our owner has made a generous gesture.  As far as I can see it's a win win ?

16 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Don't accept the offer then. 

Contact the club now and tell them if it happens you would rather your money go to the club or to charity.

And for what it's worth, if you don't think MM is a charitable guy, I would suggest a bit of research. 

Ah well. The reason we haven't bought season tickets this year, for the first time since the Amigos, is that we both turn 65 in the new year. I mentioned this when the club asked us why we weren't renewing, but nobody there offered us a reduction to take account of that. Also, the memsahib has been a pensioner for 2 years already, and still has to pay full price.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Win win for everyone really. If like me you have a season ticket anyway each year then you might as well take the offer. Club gets the extra income a little earlier also. 

Also being the cynic, is this possible to just push us over the ffp lines next year? :ph34r:

A clap for the 1st bit ?? (Haven't got a clue about the 2nd bit :p)

Archived