January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

9 hours ago, Saity said:

Knockheart not good enough for prem but would be an upgrade on Russell not included in Brighton squad today unless he’s injured 

Would much rather have Knockaert in our team than playing against us. Would fit in perfect here but unlikely to happen

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be an IDEAL signing. Best player in this division by far last year. So much quality and end product to his play.

Wouldn’t be worried about baggage one bit. All about man management and Rowett seems very good to me at keeping everyone on board. Ince had serious baggage before we signed him and he was brilliant for us.

Unfortnately just can’t see us being anywhere near being able to afford him or Brighton letting him go. They changed their system and played without wingers today, meaning there was no place for him, however they have had so much success with 2 wingers the last few years and they won’t sell their best one after one outburst.

Think Lookman on loan could be more realistic. 

Probably get pelters for saying this, but: I personally think that, unless we add a quality wide attacker in this window, we won't get promoted. 

We've been brilliant so far and I've loved every second of it, but the Bristol game really highlighted our shortcomings, in my opinion. 

In an absolute ideal world, we get rid of 3-4 big wage players over the next week, and bring in 1-2 attacking players of real quality, with perhaps a central-midfielder on loan.

A Marcus Maddison type, along with a striker to replace the outgoing Martin/Bent (Abel Hernandez, maybe?) and maybe a player like Ryan Woods would be absolutely brilliant. Can't see it, but I think a few additions like that would really secure our hopes for a top two finish. 

Going to be a big, big week for our season, in my opinion. 

22 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Probably get pelters for saying this, but: I personally think that, unless we add a quality wide attacker in this window, we won't get promoted. 

We've been brilliant so far and I've loved every second of it, but the Bristol game really highlighted our shortcomings, in my opinion. 

In an absolute ideal world, we get rid of 3-4 big wage players over the next week, and bring in 1-2 attacking players of real quality, with perhaps a central-midfielder on loan.

A Marcus Maddison type, along with a striker to replace the outgoing Martin/Bent (Abel Hernandez, maybe?) and maybe a player like Ryan Woods would be absolutely brilliant. Can't see it, but I think a few additions like that would really secure our hopes for a top two finish. 

100% agree we need another winger, we need someone with a better end product! If Ledley is back fit I'm not 100% we really need another mid, maybe a back up for Vydra! 

I still think we need probably 3/4 out before we can bring another in! I think we might be busy late on maybe even deadline day, more teams will go for Shackell, Ayna when they are more desperate! ( I think both players are good players ) but we might squeeze more out of teams panic buying 

33 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Where do I get my pelters  from?

vydra missed when he should have scored as did winnall and we should have had a penalty to try and score from  so really should we get rid of the forwards and sign different ones? 

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I've said it every January since Clement was in charge.

The club agree with you too, which is why we bid for Antonio, but we don't seem to rectify it.

We really are so so close this season and I trust both Mel and Gary will see that this is an ideal time to go for it.

Get Martin and Bent off out books and I'm sure someone will come in.

If we can lose Martin, Bent, Shackell and Anya we will have some freedom to move. I think we'll be static until at least a couple of them are gone.

Another winger, ideally Lookman or Knockaert, would be great.

We're set for strikers in Vydra, Nugent, Jerome, Winnall. Bennett as backup should we have a massive injury crisis there.

Another centre mid is a must. I just don't feel like Huddlestone, Thorne and Ledley will all make it to the end of the season fit. If that's the case, we need options. Doesn't have to be a big name, just someone who can actually play in that position for a couple of games should they be called upon. What's Kalifa Cissé up to at the moment?

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

vydra missed when he should have scored as did winnall and we should have had a penalty to try and score from  so really should we get rid of the forwards and sign different ones? 

Harsh on Winnall that ... Hits defenders calf on way through to him and ends up hitting him much earlier than he anticipated.

On 1/18/2018 at 14:44, Rampage said:

Do we have a foreign scout and who is it?

Why do we have so few foreign players like (Elsnik)?

Has anyone been scouting on the internet for Brazilian, Spanish, Portuguese, African etc players for U23 and first team?

We have/had scout(s) in Eastern Europe and Scandinavia. All of your foreign youths are Slovenian, Slovakian, Swedish or Danish.

Henrich Ravas, Sven Karic, Emil Riis Jakobsen, Timi Max Elsnik (U23s) - Zanzala's also listed as Congolese but he joined Derby at 12 after moving to Europe when young.

Fuseine Rashid, Ayomide Jibodu (U18s)

I don't think that's a shocking return in terms of foreign youths. There's an attempt to focus on homegrown talent directed by the FA and its also a huge thing to move a teenager from a foreign country only for them not to be good enough.

Also work permits from non-EU countries are not easy to come by for young folk. There aren't a great deal of young players that have been brought in directly from outside of the EU (not moved years ago) in England at all. If they go to Europe, they go to the countries that speak the languages they speak back home - usually France and Spain.

14 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have to agree with you e could well miss out without another winger Alternative swap JR and TL over neither are really getting crosses in with their weak foot After all that's one of the jobs of a wide player Also agree about another midfielder desperate for some legs in there 

For me we need the following positions - 

Experienced GK- Kuszczak, Federici, Hamer, Legzdins, Green

Mobile CDM - Kayal, Woods, King, Mutch, Westwood, Foden, Field, Colback, 

Pacey winger - Lookman, Leko, Burke, Routledge

Most of the players mentioned aren't getting much game time in the Prem if any.

12 hours ago, SaintRam said:

We have/had scout(s) in Eastern Europe and Scandinavia. All of your foreign youths are Slovenian, Slovakian, Swedish or Danish.

Henrich Ravas, Sven Karic, Emil Riis Jakobsen, Timi Max Elsnik (U23s) - Zanzala's also listed as Congolese but he joined Derby at 12 after moving to Europe when young.

I don't think that's a shocking return in terms of foreign youths. There's an attempt to focus on homegrown talent directed by the FA and its also a huge thing to move a teenager from a foreign country only for them not to be good enough.

Also work permits from non-EU countries are not easy to come by for young folk. There aren't a great deal of young players that have been brought in directly from outside of the EU (not moved years ago) in England at all. If they go to Europe, they go to the countries that speak the languages they speak back home - usually France and Spain.

Thank you. Brilliant post, SaintRam...What a guy!

On 22/01/2018 at 22:10, Sparkle said:

Spot on and don’t forget Russell’s chesting the ball down in the area onto his supposedly “stronger”left foot and putting it miles wide!

22 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Interesting info thanks! 

I'm going to spout this off to my friends at the earliest opportunity and sound dead clever and we'll informed!

Archived