January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

9 hours ago, rynny said:

Yes, played a cup game for Red Bull.

It's insane that he played 21 minutes or so of a cup game and that limits him from moving on and developing. I think it's a good rule to stop some mercenary tactics but in reality I think there should be exemptions. Such as for players under the age of 23. Surely playing is better for their development. 

Just so I'm clear this would mean that, in the event of a striker crisis we can't recall Zanzala to play as he's already played for Chester and Accrington Stanley?!  I know it's unlikely but it just highlights the madness of the rule with young players. 

It sort of supports the stance of Liverpool on rumours of fines for not playing Ryan Kent. He's gone out to one club and barely played. He has now gone to BC but if he's doesn't play there he can't even sit on the bench for Liverpool to get experience that way. You can see why clubs want loans fees for young promising players as there is a risk to their development is stunted if they aren't getting game time. 

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It's insane that he played 21 minutes or so of a cup game and that limits him from moving on and developing. I think it's a good rule to stop some mercenary tactics but in reality I think there should be exemptions. Such as for players under the age of 23. Surely playing is better for their development. 

Just so I'm clear this would mean that, in the event of a striker crisis we can't recall Zanzala to play as he's already played for Chester and Accrington Stanley?!  I know it's unlikely but it just highlights the madness of the rule with young players. 

It sort of supports the stance of Liverpool on rumours of fines for not playing Ryan Kent. He's gone out to one club and barely played. He has now gone to BC but if he's doesn't play there he can't even sit on the bench for Liverpool to get experience that way. You can see why clubs want loans fees for young promising players as there is a risk to their development is stunted if they aren't getting game time. 

FIFA can over rule the 2 club rule, but it doesn't happen very often. I remember Daniel Cousin tried to move from Rangers to Fulham after he had already played for someone else in the intertoto cup (I think) but FIFA wouldn't allow the transfer.

Zanzala's case is slightly different, I believe, as the Chester loan was a youth loan to a non league club. Which is also why he could go out of the transfer window. Also even if we did have a striker crisis after the window closed we would not be able to recall him anyway from Accrington, as you can only recall players inside a transfer window.

Again, with Kent he cannot be recalled outside the transfer window anyway, so if Liverpool were to recall him from Bristol then he wouldn't be able to play or sit on the bench regardless of how many teams he has played for.

Talk about making things complicated!

Even more ridiculous when in 2017 Leicester loaned a player from Udinese...who was already on loan to Udinese from Granada. So a loanee was loaned to a new loan club. He's done the same this year to Watford. He's played zero minutes for Granada, Leicester but he's managed 2 games for Watford. 

Apparently it's down to the fact that a year or more loan must be registered as a permanent transfer. 

And don't get me started on the blatant FFP flouting of the Pozzo family through Granada, Udinese and Watford ownership. Awful lot of 'asset gifting' goes onto there. Toeing the line or outrageous criminality I'm not sure. 

26 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Even more ridiculous when in 2017 Leicester loaned a player from Udinese...who was already on loan to Udinese from Granada. So a loanee was loaned to a new loan club. He's done the same this year to Watford. He's played zero minutes for Granada, Leicester but he's managed 2 games for Watford. 

Apparently it's down to the fact that a year or more loan must be registered as a permanent transfer. 

And don't get me started on the blatant FFP flouting of the Pozzo family through Granada, Udinese and Watford ownership. Awful lot of 'asset gifting' goes onto there. Toeing the line or outrageous criminality I'm not sure. 

Watford did it a couple of seasons ago, they loaned a player from Udinese then loaned him to a league 1 team, all in the same window.

You can't fault clubs who do whatever they can to gain an advantage within the rules set by FIFA and their FAs. If they can find a loophole and make it work for them then fair play.

22 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Jack rodwell set to have contract cancelled at Sunderland worth looking at or stay well clear ? Celtic roumered to be interested in him..

At 70k a week? Even with a heavy pay cut he'd be a top earner here, wouldn't even be a guaranteed starter imo

Just put this on a post in another thread but will leave it here too. 

Devante Cole from Fleetwood in league 1.

12 goals from 30 this season. Can play down the middle and outwide. Sheff U failed to sign him this summer. ONLY 22. Contract out in 6 months so cheap. Total of 37 goals from 90 games when played down the middle in his career. 

Better option than Jerome as back up imo, could be a really star in 2-3 years also. 

8 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

At 70k a week? Even with a heavy pay cut he'd be a top earner here, wouldn't even be a guaranteed starter imo

I imagine Rodwell's next contract will be closer to the 10k mark. 

I doubt there's many, if any, rich Championship clubs willing to fork out for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at a reasonable League One club TBH. 

On 12/01/2018 at 11:20, Carl Sagan said:

Bradley Johnson's cracked a bone in his back. If we felt we needed an attacking left-sided or central midfielder we could look at 25 year old Austrian Christoph Knasmüllner who's scored an astonishing number of midfield goals and started out at Bayern before moving to Inter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christoph_Knasmüllner

Edit: Just seen Rowett says he is looking at midfielders because of the injuries to Ledley and Johnson: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/gary-rowett-transfer-plans-derby-1048850

And so we're linked with a striker,  a CAM and a keeper, despite the fact that a week  or two ago we 'weren't looking to bring any in, just unload'

My brain hurts.

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

And so we're linked with a striker,  a CAM and a keeper, despite the fact that a week  or two ago we 'weren't looking to bring any in, just unload'

My brain hurts.

Well, if there are young and hungry players available, why not try to bring them in? :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

My brain hurts.

Way way better than saying we are looking to bring players in then don’t do it ? We are not buying in desperation and paying the inflated prices that brings 

Archived