January 2018 Transfer Suggestions Thread

RamsPolls

6 minutes ago, archied said:

Way way better than saying we are looking to bring players in then don’t do it ? We are not buying in desperation and paying the inflated prices that brings 

Yes, I agree, it's just that the post I was responding to indicated that our priorities, of necessity,  lay with mid-field, BJ and JL being injured.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

At least were not recruiting on the last day of the window, scrambling around for players and paying inflated prices.

We seem to have some sort of thought and structure to our dealings. 

GR appears to have done his research, has a plan and is recruiting early at reasonable cost.

It might also indicate that talks are advancing well on some more players going out and we have learned from the mistake with Kieftenbeld by getting our incomings ready nice and early.

I suspect that we have tightened up on our 'leaks' as the things we are hearing are coming from elsewhere, not Derby.

21 minutes ago, Saity said:

Nick Powell of Wigan is apparently available for 900k  a goal scoring midfielder at 23 who's been at Man Utd and is a good player and would definitely be an astute signing for us at the right price:thumbsup:

Risk of a signing.

Dreadful attitude at man utd, dreadful attitude at a few loan clubs, but looking a good player at Wigan.

His past is tainting potential transfers.

He could come here and be brilliant though.

23 minutes ago, KBB said:

Risk of a signing.

Dreadful attitude at man utd, dreadful attitude at a few loan clubs, but looking a good player at Wigan.

His past is tainting potential transfers.

He could come here and be brilliant though.

Agree a risk but at the right price and because of his age one worth looking at..... I think most signings are are risk anyway...i've seen him a few times this season and is definitely a stand out player in league one and i really think is that good that he'll be a good championship player.

I don't know anything about his attitude etc but if we could get him for the reported 900k and if GR could work with him he'd be a signing a lot of fans would take to... the  Powell name has a bit of history with us as well .....Steve and Barry were good players for us. :thumbsup:

omg I also forgot big Darryl the football genius.....met him on a plane coming back from spain....a top top bloke :thumbsup:...how did i forget about him ...doh!!!!:whistle:

1 hour ago, Saity said:

Agree a risk but at the right price and because of his age one worth looking at..... I think most signings are are risk anyway...i've seen him a few times this season and is definitely a stand out player in league one and i really think is that good that he'll be a good championship player.

I don't know anything about his attitude etc but if we could get him for the reported 900k and if GR could work with him he'd be a signing a lot of fans would take to... the  Powell name has a bit of history with us as well .....Steve and Barry were good players for us. :thumbsup:

omg I also forgot big Darryl the football genius.....met him on a plane coming back from spain....a top top bloke :thumbsup:...how did i forget about him ...doh!!!!:whistle:

Chris?

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Experienced GK

Mobile CDM

Pacey & Direct winger

Thats all we need now imo - Kuzszcak, Woods & Lookman would do!!

Marko Grujic on loan from Liverpool would do me.Plays anywhere across midfield and can play wide as well.Available at present as a loan signing. 

15 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Marko Grujic on loan from Liverpool would do me.Plays anywhere across midfield and can play wide as well.Available at present as a loan signing. 

Phenomenal prospect and would do a job in the Championship. I suspect Liverpool would be looking at penalties for not playing him as is rumoured to have been the case with Ryan Kent. If not and he's available for a decent price then he is exactly what we need. 

Archived