The boring Man City discussion

Jourdan

1 minute ago, David said:

Its claimed the Wigan fan spat at Aguero, but even if thats not the case he still put his hands on him, I would have been quite happy if Aguero had punched his lights out. Hope they identify the Wigan fan and issue a very long ban, probably be meaningless as probably one of the many the many who only went because it was Man City.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its claimed the Wigan fan spat at Aguero, but even if thats not the case he still put his hands on him, I would have been quite happy if Aguero had punched his lights out. Hope they identify the Wigan fan and issue a very long ban, probably be meaningless as probably one of the many the many who only went because it was Man City.

He'll get a life time ban, clubs are stamping down on this kind of thing. The guy in the Green coat is actually the offender, when Aguero turned and went for him hid behind his mate. Hard man. Should be banned for that alone. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 17.59.40.png

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a bit of credit for Guardiola, even from the doubters?  Domestic double in the bag, clearly far superior this season to anyone else in the Premier League and City are playing some really beautiful football at times. 

Any chance he really is a top class coach doing a really good job at Man City? 

Just now, Highgate said:

Time for a bit of credit for Guardiola, even from the doubters?  Domestic double in the bag, clearly far superior this season to anyone else in the Premier League and City are playing some really beautiful football at times. 

They only look that good because they're playing against Arsenal ?

Football’s easy when you can spend £50m+ a player, even Paul Jewell would struggle to walk away empty handed. 

When Guardiola creates a team like Fergie did with Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Butt and the Neville’s, I’ll be back to applaud him, until then, he will have to make do with a nod of a head.

As a great man once said....

67C26C7C-A8D5-452B-8680-40AAACF24EB4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Highgate said:

Or, any manager could manage city to the title due to the fact he is allowed to spend whatever money he wants. He's never done anything the hard way. I could manage Bayern Munich to a title. In fact, Bayern won the champions league with Heynckes, and did worse in all the seasons under Guardiola. City have spent more than a small country earns in a year.

3 minutes ago, David said:

When Guardiola creates a team like Fergie did with Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Butt and the Neville’s, I’ll be back to applaud him, until then, he will have to make do with a nod of a head.

Isn't that just inheriting a great team?  Just like Pep is accused of doing at Barca with Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets etc ?

It's not like Fergie didn't have the money to match anyone in the league when necessary.

How many points do Man City have to accumulate in the league before people will admit that Pep has done a good job this season?  Would 38 wins out of 38 have been enough?

51 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Or, any manager could manage city to the title due to the fact he is allowed to spend whatever money he wants. He's never done anything the hard way. I could manage Bayern Munich to a title. In fact, Bayern won the champions league with Heynckes, and did worse in all the seasons under Guardiola. City have spent more than a small country earns in a year.

D498228E-0649-432B-AD9F-B928FA071E19.gif

48 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Isn't that just inheriting a great team?  Just like Pep is accused of doing at Barca with Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets etc ?

It's not like Fergie didn't have the money to match anyone in the league when necessary.

How many points do Man City have to accumulate in the league before people will admit that Pep has done a good job this season?  Would 38 wins out of 38 have been enough?

Giggs arrived at Man Utd a year after Ferguson was appointed, Phill Neville 4 years and Scholes, Beckham, Butt, G Neville 5 years.

Xavi was at Barca 17 years, playing for the first team 10 years before Pep arrived as manager. Iniesta 12 years, Messi 7 years.

Not remotely the same at all.

Ferguson spent money, of course he did, but he also built a side using resources from within, developing them into the players that went on to dominate the Premier League.

Blank cheque managers are pretty meh!

6 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Think City have played really well , deserve the title , the rest of the Prem has been very poor quality this season

Rubbish. 5 Prem teams made it out of the group stages on the Champions League, so why is the prem poor quality?

8 minutes ago, David said:

Giggs arrived at Man Utd a year after Ferguson was appointed, Phill Neville 4 years and Scholes, Beckham, Butt, G Neville 5 years.

Didn't they just come through the Youth System at United?  Is that really Ferguson's doing, or did he just get lucky that they just came through when he needed them?  Just like Pep got lucky, with some of the players at his disposal when he got the Barca Job.  Mind you, he had to change the way they all played.

1 hour ago, David said:

Football’s easy when you can spend £50m+ a player, even Paul Jewell would struggle to walk away empty handed. 

As a great man once said....

67C26C7C-A8D5-452B-8680-40AAACF24EB4.jpeg

Liverpool, Arsenal, United ans Chelsea can also spend £50m on a player. Let’s not pretent that City are the only side who have done this.

And I also don’t get the Fergie comments. Was SAF in charge of academy recruitment at United? No he wasn’t... So he did in fact inherit those players, just like you claim Pep did at Barca.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Any manager could guide City to the title? Well Pellegrini didn’t in his last two seasons at the club.

And you could manage Bayern to the title? It’s comments like this which makes it impossible to debate.

Do you think managers just go into clubs, click their fingers and say ‘alright lads, we’re going to play fast-paced, one-touch attacking football’ and then that transpires onto the pitch without any training whatsoever?

Guardiola set his own records at Bayern, and players and high profile figures have said they never played such good football in their entire history.

Ultimately Bayern didn’t win the CL, so there are question marks over his time there.

But again, let’s not pretend he had them playing average football.

The guy is a genius.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Liverpool, Arsenal, United ans Chelsea can also spend £50m on a player. Let’s not pretent that City are the only side who have done this.

And I also don’t get the Fergie comments. Was SAF in charge of academy recruitment at United? No he wasn’t... So he did in fact inherit those players, just like you claim Pep did at Barca.

They can but it's every player, if they spent £50m on a striker, another £50m on a midfielder and again a centre back no issues. But 2 right backs, £50m each, come on now.

SAF played a huge part in the academy setup, a lasting legacy from his time at the club yet will go down the drain with Mourinho unfortunately 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Any manager could guide City to the title? Well Pellegrini didn’t in his last two seasons at the club.

And you could manage Bayern to the title? It’s comments like this which makes it impossible to debate.

Do you think managers just go into clubs, click their fingers and say ‘alright lads, we’re going to play fast-paced, one-touch attacking football’ and then that transpires onto the pitch without any training whatsoever?

Guardiola set his own records at Bayern, and players and high profile figures have said they never played such good football in their entire history.

Ultimately Bayern didn’t win the CL, so there are question marks over his time there.

But again, let’s not pretend he had them playing average football.

The guy is a genius.

Bayern is so far ahead of any other Bundesliga club financially it isn't even funny. It's level with Scotland in terms of a one club league. Pep bought Lewandowski from Dortmund, and managed to perform worse in the Champions League than Jupp Heynckes did. Pep also spent considerably more than Pellegrini, it isn't even close in terms of net spend. My point is, why should Pep get the hype for a job that dozens of other managers could have achieved? He's done nothing the hard way, and had every success handed on a silver platter. Therefore, I'll never rate him as highly as other managers, and it's why I'll always rate Mourinho above him.

54 minutes ago, Joe. said:

He's a good manager, but there would have to be something seriously wrong if any club gave the manager nearly £500million in 18 months and didn't see some success.

It's not just success though, Man City are walking away with the league.  A league containing plenty of other sides with enormous financial resources.

What is quite special about Pep is the intensity of effort he manages to get from his extremely talented teams. That's not always easy, just ask Wenger.  All while playing exciting attacking football.  He deserves a lot of credit in my opinion.  Would a Champions League win convince people, or would they still argue he should be doing it with Hull City before he can be called a great manager?

Archived