New joke thread (trigger alert, may offend if you want it to)

admira

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

On 22/08/2023 at 11:16, sage said:

4 decent ones, but the winner is poor. Would have made more sense to say she started dating a Tiger

I heard her interviewed and she was embarrassed by winning. The joke was delivered in character and the character was a dork. It was meant to be graony.

They had another comic on who wasn't there this year but said that all of them hate the competition but because it was a fast track to getting recognition they'd submit something.

Most comedy is contextual and situational o to knock any one-liner not heard that way is brutal.

Not that don't all do it, mind you.

On 22/08/2023 at 19:24, Stive Pesley said:

Barely. Did Yorkshire Bank look silly when they opened their first bank outside of Yorkshire? 

And anyway - they changed their name to Nationwide from Co-operative Permanent Building Society when they already had loads of branches, so it's not even right

Never though that taking names of businesses literally counted as high wit!

Tough crowd.

I highly doubt any joke in this thread couldn't be dissected equally easily.

23 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I heard her interviewed and she was embarrassed by winning. The joke was delivered in character and the character was a dork. It was meant to be graony.

They had another comic on who wasn't there this year but said that all of them hate the competition but because it was a fast track to getting recognition they'd submit something.

Most comedy is contextual and situational o to knock any one-liner not heard that way is brutal.

Not that don't all do it, mind you.

I wasn't criticising the comic more the competition. You are right that other than in a straight one liner comedy delivery you can't judge jokes like this.