Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This game perfectly illustrates why VAR needs to be introduced. Had Roma been given the decisions they should have, they’d be in the champions league final 

In knockout games and with the away goal rule, there are too many factors which can influence a tie.

In the Liverpool vs City clash, Liverpool’s first goal was offside, City were denied a clear penalty at Anfield and had a legit goal ruled out at the Etihad.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this garbage. The English media are absolute trash and are completely biased. Rio Ferdinand is saying that Liverpool deserve tremendous credit.

I hate Madrid but for once I hope they win to shut this Liverpool love in up

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Not penalty maybe, it was. Therefore it was a red card too for denying a certain goal. 

It was more of a penalty than the one given when the corrupt officials knew it was already too late for Roma do score again.

Watch it again it hit his hands from 2ft  shot and not deliberate 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Watch it again it hit his hands from 2ft  shot and not deliberate 

His arm is above his head. Graham Poll said after seeing a replay he thought it was a penalty. Looked stonewall to me.

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The Spanish isn’t harder? Then why has Real Madrid only won the league twice in the last decade - yet they’ve won three CL titles in four years?

If it was a such a pub league, why has the likes of Atletico and Sevilla embarrassed top English clubs over the years?

Any league that has RM as an opponent is surely more difficult to win that the CL where you could avoid them... 

And if you haven’t noticed, Messi has four CL trophies in his cabinet. The same amount as any current active player.

A better goals and assists per game record than Ronaldo too. But that probably doesn’t suit the arguement.

I said Nessi was the worlds best player, not sure why you are missing that point? If he performs outside the Spanish league, he will probably reclaim that title again, World Cup this year, gives him another chance.  

Not sure what you think the argument is ? CR is currently out performing Messi, he has CL and Euro medals and has been a big influence in these, Messi in this time has Spanish championships but that’s it, they have failed when they have co e up against Europe’s finest.  Messi is still a World Class player, no argument there, just not as good as CR at the moment.

As much as I hate their fans Liverpool have been brilliant this year. That front three is incredible, don’t see why some people are so desperate not to give them any credit. Dont buy that they’ve flukes their way here, they comprehensively destroyed Man City within half an hour and basically buried Roma in a similar time. They might have had a bit of luck with decisions but their ain’t a conspiracy around, they’ve just been one of the best teams in Europe. Simple.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

As much as I hate their fans Liverpool have been brilliant this year. That front three is incredible, don’t see why some people are so desperate not to give them any credit. Dont buy that they’ve flukes their way here, they comprehensively destroyed Man City within half an hour and basically buried Roma in a similar time. They might have had a bit of luck with decisions but their ain’t a conspiracy around, they’ve just been one of the best teams in Europe. Simple.

Poor officiating and lucky draws aided them the whole way through. That's why I discredit them.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

They have been really good but without the 2 obvious refereeing decisions going for them they wouldn’t have been in this position....fingers crossed it all comes back to bite them on the bottom in the final....I hate saying it but I am actually going to have to cheer for Madrid...!

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

They have been really good but without the 2 obvious refereeing decisions going for them they wouldn’t have been in this position....fingers crossed it all comes back to bite them on the bottom in the final....I hate saying it but I am actually going to have to cheer for Madrid...!

I hope they both lose.

35 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I said Nessi was the worlds best player, not sure why you are missing that point? If he performs outside the Spanish league, he will probably reclaim that title again, World Cup this year, gives him another chance.  

Not sure what you think the argument is ? CR is currently out performing Messi, he has CL and Euro medals and has been a big influence in these, Messi in this time has Spanish championships but that’s it, they have failed when they have co e up against Europe’s finest.  Messi is still a World Class player, no argument there, just not as good as CR at the moment.

How is Ronaldo currently outperforming Messi? The season started in August, not in February... This season, Messi has vastly outperformed Ronaldo.

Where Ronaldo has had an egde is in a seven-game tournament, where so far he has scored in four knockout games - one a ball which hit him and another a penalty in the last minute of game where his side were 3-0 down.

Messi scored in three knockout games. So Ronaldo has a slight edge in a seven-game tournament.

But of the other 40+ domestic games... Nah let’s forget those, as the arguement doesn’t suit.

And Ronaldo does have a Euro medal. He was very influential in his side finishing 3rd in a group behind Hungary and Icelend, while very influential in being part of a team who beat Poland on penalties, before scraping past Croatia and Wales to reach a final he largely missed due to injury. But yeh, good enough to win ‘world’s best player’ that year because of a select few games, and completely ignoring the rest.

This isn’t a rant aimed at you by the way. Just the way modern football only looks at the ‘glamour’ games and picks ‘the best player’ based on popularity rather than clear ability.

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Haven’t won the league in 27 years yet they are in the champions league final.... modern football. 

And with a midfield that contains Wijnaldum, Henderson & Milner!

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Poor officiating and lucky draws aided them the whole way through. That's why I discredit them.

Anyone can get a little lucky though... be frustrating for the opposition but it’s harsh to discredit their play and skill for that... just the way things are sometimes

27 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Blimey that is going somewhere! Think real will do them tbf, Zidane seems incapable of not winning the CL!

Archived