Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

43 minutes ago, Moist One said:

pretty sure you've spent the last 5 years telling us that they ain't a 1 man team! 

They were never a one-man team during the Pep years. Xavi and Iniesta ran that midfield and Puyol was an absolute rock. David Villa was brilliant too.

The MSN treble year they had everything too. Suarez in his prime, Neymar evolving to world class status, Iniesta still as good as ever, Dani Alces still playing a huge role and Rakitic a big influence.

A year later there were warning signs despite a double, and then last season was a poor one. This season they’ve played even worse, take Messi out of the equation and they’d finish 3rd.

Iniesta is a genius but no longer lasts 90 mins. Rakitic and Luis Suarez are past their primes. Suarez in particular looks a shadow of that Liverpool player.

The defence looks weak, the midfield lacks cohesion and intensity and upfront without Messi they look toothless.

This is Barca’s worst team in a decade. I said that at the beginning of the season when Madrid comfortably beat them in the Super Cup.

Messi has singlehandedly won them so many points this season. His impact on that team is far more than any other player in the world.

Madrid vs Barca without Messi and Ronaldo would see Madrid win fairly easy. They have a greater all-round team IMO.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Moist One said:

so now you're saying the Spanish league is effectively rubbish if a 1-man team can win it.

Watford have got hundreds of midfield players who are better than Spanish ones.

2 hours ago, Moist One said:

so now you're saying the Spanish league is effectively rubbish if a 1-man team can win it.

Can tell you like a round or two of golf, that was tee’d up nicely! 

As incredible as Messi is, to suggest he's solely the reason for them winning the league and almost going unbeaten is ludicrous.

Don't Suarez's 25 goals and 11 assists and Ter Stegen's 18 clean sheets count for anything? Or were they all down to Messi.

Also worth remembering they were humiliated by Roma with Messi playing.

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oooh, was that a veiled dig a Rowett there from Steve Bruce ? “I always think if you just try and defend and sit for a draw, it doesn’t really work” ? 

Who's your money on then? Not sure tbh might be a Boro comeback?

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

After my “I can’t see Villa not scoring” prediction I’m saying nothing.

But if I was saying something it would be 2-1 to Exeter. ?

Lol. Atm I'm hoping it's Lincoln, can't argue with them taking 30k fans to Wembley for the Checkatrade Trophy.

Edit: just seen Moxey playing for Exeter.

Archived