Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/05/2018 at 22:09, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Great achievement for Brighton. Survived in the Prem after a 1-0 win v Man Utd.

Surreal to just be playing Man Utd nevermind beating them. Amazing to have a second season at the top table.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Rather watch him than Ronaldo every day of the week. He's brilliant and unlike Ronaldo, he's very much a team player

This game has been full of incident and with Barca down to 10 Messi  has been outstanding.

You are right Messi is a team player more than Ronaldo but Ronaldo can win games on his own. 

Watch out Liverpool 

Real Madrid were the better team 11 vs 11. They looked a shadow of themselves without Ronaldo - proof right there of just how important he is to them.

Barca deserved to remain unbeaten for their excellent display with 10 men. They were better than Madrid second half.

But that was the worst refereeing performance I’ve seen for ages. The occasion got to him.

He completely missed a redcard challenge by Bale, then sent off Sergi Roberto for a petty knock on Marcelo’s shoulder. Never a red.

Then to even it up, missed Suarez’s foul for Messi’s goal when it was clear as day and then denied Madrid a blatant penalty.

Then to not upset Marcelo, didn’t call him for another clear as day foul on Messi and decided to let Ramos, Nacho and Bale off the hook when all three committed numerous fouls whilst on yellow cards.

All in all, just a terribe display from the ref who seemed more interested in trying to right wrongs rather than just officiating normally.

Some of Sunderland's results:

Sland 1-1 Derby

Derby 1-4 Sland

Sland 3-0 Wolves

Wolves 0-0 Sland

Sland 1-0 Fulham

Sland 3-3 Middlebsrough

Brentford 3-3 Sland

Preston 2-2 Sland

Millwall 1-1 Sland

Sland 2-2 Millwall

16 points from 10 games against top 10 opposition. That's like playoff form. Their record against the teams down the bottom must be awful. 

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Some of Sunderland's results:

Sland 1-1 Derby

Derby 1-4 Sland

Sland 3-0 Wolves

Wolves 0-0 Sland

Sland 1-0 Fulham

Sland 3-3 Middlebsrough

Brentford 3-3 Sland

Preston 2-2 Sland

Millwall 1-1 Sland

Sland 2-2 Millwall

16 points from 10 games against top 10 opposition. That's like playoff form. Their record against the teams down the bottom must be awful. 

Burton 0-2 Sland
Sland 1-2 Burton
Barnsley 3-0 Sland
Sland 0-1 Barnsley
Sland 3-3 Bolton
Bolton 1-0 Sland
Sland 1-3 Reading
Reading 2-2 Sland
Sland 1-1 B'ham
B'ham 3-1 Sland
Sland 1-1 QPR
QPR 1-0 Sland
Sheff Wed 1-1 Sland
Sland 1-3 Sheff Wed
Sland 1-0 Hull
Hull 1-1 Sland
Sland 0-1 Forest
Forest 0-1 Sland

I make that 15 points from a possible 54 against the other teams in the bottom 10.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Burton 0-2 Sland
Sland 1-2 Burton
Barnsley 3-0 Sland
Sland 0-1 Barnsley
Sland 3-3 Bolton
Bolton 1-0 Sland
Sland 1-3 Reading
Reading 2-2 Sland
Sland 1-1 B'ham
B'ham 3-1 Sland
Sland 1-1 QPR
QPR 1-0 Sland
Sheff Wed 1-1 Sland
Sland 1-3 Sheff Wed
Sland 1-0 Hull
Hull 1-1 Sland
Sland 0-1 Forest
Forest 0-1 Sland

I make that 15 points from a possible 54 against the other teams in the bottom 10.

My theory is that they’ve been so used to scrapping points off lower level perm teams for so long, that scrapping points off upper level championship teams isn’t too dissimilar. 

But lower level championship teams is a different kettle of fish, a different standard of quality, and maybe they just weren’t used to that. 

Doesnt bode well for what they’re likely to find in league one. 

Swansea v Southampton:

Not a game that would usually whet the appetite, but the situation is pretty interesting.

Saints surely must win. Even a draw, which would keep them out the bottom three, would be a bad result for them.

Swansea have Stoke at home on the final day. Saints have Man City at home - a game which could see City become the first English team to get 100 points in the top-flight.

West Brom need it to be a draw, Huddersfield would surely prefer Swansea to win or at the very least avoid defeat.

A Swansea win all-but puts Saints down.

I'm in the bizarre position of sitting watching it hoping for no goals.

I want big Mooro's miracle to be on for the last day!

Archived