Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

And would it be funny and awesome if Barnsley was awarded an unfair Penalty on Sunday ,how would you feel then.

I’d feel ecstatic that we just won 6-1, I’m not going to let their dodgy consolation penalty take the shine off. 

Goes to show just about anyone can win the CL these days.

No way is it a representation of the best when the final is going to be 3rd in Spain vs 3rd in England.

Bayern battered a really average Madrid side over the two legs. But Madrid always seem to have that luck.

No doubt they’ll win the final and Ronaldo will be named world’s best player because he managed to turn up for four or five games in a seven-game tournament while over in the 40+ game domestic season he is thoroughly outshone by Leo Messi.

But those four or five games eh... 

12 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

And would it be funny and awesome if Barnsley was awarded an unfair Penalty on Sunday ,how would you feel then.

No different to the way I feel at the end of every season at the moment.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

No way is it a representation of the best when the final is going to be 3rd in Spain vs 3rd in England.

Bayern battered a really average Madrid side over the two legs. But Madrid always seem to have that luck.

No doubt they’ll win the final and Ronaldo will be named world’s best player because he managed to turn up for four or five games in a seven-game tournament while over in the 40+ game domestic season he is thoroughly outshone by Leo Messi.

But those four or five games eh... 

Both have been thoroughly outshone by Mohamed Salah this season.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Dunno. If Real win this one then doesn't it kind of show the opposite. Seems only Real can win the ******* thing.

Personally, I hope they get Salah'd.

But if Real Madrid win wouldn’t they deserve to win looking at who they have played? They have knocked out PSG, Juventus and Bayern Munich as opposed to Liverpool who have had a somewhat easier draw.

Assuming Liverpool make it to the final, I’m surprised by how many think their front 3 will rip Madrid apart. They very well might do but Madrid kept a front 3 of Mbappe, cavani and Neymar quiet against psg(which is better on paper than Liverpool’s front 3). 

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Yeah, throughly. 

Messi’s a freak. Anyone who thinks that salah has been better than Messi doesn’t understand football and those stats by Messi is him playing as a midfielder whereas salah plays as an inside forward, relying off firmino’s work.

Salah has been brilliant but Messi has spearheaded an average Barcelona side to a likely unbeaten league season. The influence of Messi unrivalled, Barcelona we’re getting battered by Sevilla a few weeks ago in la Liga but Messi comes on and changes the whole dynamic of the game. 

It’s easy to overrate salah’s Work whilst underrating Ronaldo and messi’s Work because salah is the fashionable player whilst messi and Ronaldo have kept a consistent level for over a decade. I saw that ciro immobile is the top scoring striker in Europe. I didn’t realise he was doing as well but that certainly doesn’t make him the best striker in the world. The best players keep a high level of consistency for a number of years.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It’s easy to overrate salah’s Work whilst underrating Ronaldo and messi’s Work because salah is the fashionable player whilst messi and Ronaldo have kept a consistent level for over a decade. I saw that ciro immobile is the top scoring striker in Europe. I didn’t realise he was doing as well but that certainly doesn’t make him the best striker in the world. The best players keep a high level of consistency for a number of years.

Don't think Immobile is top scorer now? All 4 players have 40+ goals in all competitions, it would be ridiculous to say any of them has outshone the other.

Messi has more goals, more assists, more secondary assists (assiting the assister!) and more chances created than any other player playing in Europe's top four leagues (Italy, Germany, Spain and England).

And he's basically been playing as a midfielder.

Let that sink in for a minute. A world class season from a playmaker would be 20 goals and 15 assists. Messi has 40+ in all competitions, and 20+ assists. The guy is literally taking the worst Barcelona side of the past decade to an unbeaten domestic double.

But yeah that Salah bloke has outshone him because he knocked a few past Roma and Man City. Salah is having a world class season, but just because he's the new kid on the block, doesn't mean he's performed better than the wily old fox.

Messi has consistently outshone every player for the past decade. But for some reason they keep giving the 'best player' award to a Portuguese bloke who only turns up in literally a seven-game tournament.

That's all it is. The CL group stage is a breeze for the seeded teams. Then it's last 16, 1/4 finals, 1/2 finals and final. Seven games. Ronaldo has scored in only four of them, one being a clearance which hit him and the other a last-minute penalty with his side losing 0-3 at home. Yeah, give this guy the Ballon d'Or because he scored a bicycle kick in one game.

But let's totally forget the other 38 La Liga games and 8+ Copa Del Rey games, you know the entire domestic season, where he has been a country mile behind double-winner Messi.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Messi has more goals, more assists, more secondary assists (assiting the assister!) and more chances created than any other player playing in Europe's top four leagues (Italy, Germany, Spain and England).

And he's basically been playing as a midfielder.

Let that sink in for a minute. A world class season from a playmaker would be 20 goals and 15 assists. Messi has 40+ in all competitions, and 20+ assists. The guy is literally taking the worst Barcelona side of the past decade to an unbeaten domestic double.

But yeah that Salah bloke has outshone him because he knocked a few past Roma and Man City. Salah is having a world class season, but just because he's the new kid on the block, doesn't mean he's performed better than the wily old fox.

Messi has consistently outshone every player for the past decade. But for some reason they keep giving the 'best player' award to a Portuguese bloke who only turns up in literally a seven-game tournament.

That's all it is. The CL group stage is a breeze for the seeded teams. Then it's last 16, 1/4 finals, 1/2 finals and final. Seven games. Ronaldo has scored in only four of them, one being a clearance which hit him and the other a last-minute penalty with his side losing 0-3 at home. Yeah, give this guy the Ballon d'Or because he scored a bicycle kick in one game.

But let's totally forget the other 38 La Liga games and 8+ Copa Del Rey games, you know the entire domestic season, where he has been a country mile behind double-winner Messi.

If the CL is a breeze then the Spanish league is open season for players.  When the top 2 come to town the rest just roll over and try to keep the score down.  Ronald keeps winning the trophy because he has out performed Messi when it matters, remind us how Messi has performed in the quarter finals onwards, he scored a lot?

Salah has outperformed then both this season though, he is playing in a team that doesn’t have the resources of the other two, he has performed in both the league and CL, he needs to do it season after season to reach anywhere near the heights of the other two on a consistent level, but there is no denying him this seasons accolade.  If I was him I’d join Real Madrid to make that task a lot easier,.

4 hours ago, AdamRam said:

If the CL is a breeze then the Spanish league is open season for players.  When the top 2 come to town the rest just roll over and try to keep the score down.  Ronald keeps winning the trophy because he has out performed Messi when it matters, remind us how Messi has performed in the quarter finals onwards, he scored a lot?

Salah has outperformed then both this season though, he is playing in a team that doesn’t have the resources of the other two, he has performed in both the league and CL, he needs to do it season after season to reach anywhere near the heights of the other two on a consistent level, but there is no denying him this seasons accolade.  If I was him I’d join Real Madrid to make that task a lot easier,.

There are better teams in La Liga than the CL group stages, for sure.

There is so much wrong with your post, IMO, I don’t know where to start.

First off ‘top two’... Real Madrid are third because teams like Real Betis and Girone haven’t rolled over for Madrid, they’ve gone on and beat them. 

Ronaldo outperforms Messi when it matters? So the 38-game domestic league doesn’t matter? The Copa Del Rey doesn’t matter? In the last four seasons Messi has won 7 league and cup titles, Ronaldo just one... But that doesn’t matter? 

You say how many quarter-final CL goals has Messi scores in? So now it’s five games. Ronaldo outperforms Messi in five of 50 games and he’s done it when it matters? He clearly hasn’t done it when it matters on a consistent level otherwise Madrid would have more than a meagre one major domestic title in 4 years.

They say it’s more prestigious and difficult to win a league title because it requires consistency for 38 games, not just turning up for five games...

So how on earth has Ronaldo outperformed Messi? 

And as for Salah? World class season. But behind Messi for goals, assists, chances created and he’s playing in a weaker league...

Shame Heynckes has retired again as I would have liked to see Bayern win it for him. Back to back trebles as a manager would have been unprecidated and would have put him in the top 5 managers ever. 

He’s the only manager I’ve ever seen to make his teams play equally as effectively whether they’re parking the bus or all out attack and to an extremely high standard. The 7-0 against Barcelona will rightly go down in history. 

It’s a bit of an end of the era at Bayern. Lahm has retired, Lewandowski is likely to move on and Ribery and Robben are coming to the end of their careers. I would have liked to have seen them win at least 1 more champions league. 

19 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Don't think Immobile is top scorer now? All 4 players have 40+ goals in all competitions, it would be ridiculous to say any of them has outshone the other.

He'd be better if he could move.

19 hours ago, McLovin said:

Messi’s a freak. Anyone who thinks that salah has been better than Messi doesn’t understand football and those stats by Messi is him playing as a midfielder whereas salah plays as an inside forward, relying off firmino’s work.

Salah has been brilliant but Messi has spearheaded an average Barcelona side to a likely unbeaten league season. The influence of Messi unrivalled, Barcelona we’re getting battered by Sevilla a few weeks ago in la Liga but Messi comes on and changes the whole dynamic of the game. 

Anyone who says "Anyone who  .....  doesn't understand  ....." is in danger of being viewed as an arrogant shithead.

Archived