Game of Thrones - Season 7

Day

Game of Thrones  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 28/07/2017 at 16:50, Bris Vegas said:

Geography in the show has gone out of the window this season.

Danaerys and her fleet obviously travelled through the southern waters from the east and passed King's Landing to reach Dragonstone along with the Greyjoys and the utterly boring Sand Snakes.

So why on earth would they devise battle plans in Dragonstone and send the fleet south again, past King's Landing again, and towards Dorne where they intend to attack King's Landing from the south?

Surely the Greyjoys should have just met with the Sand Snakes in Dorne from the beginning, thus avoiding the possibility of running in to Euron in the first place. Makes no sense.

The other illogical part of Season 7 is why nobody from Castle Black has sent a raven to Winterfell to tell Jon that Bran is now at the wall. He's received ravens from Dragonstone and the Citidel, places much further away than the wall.

I'm only interested in the war with the dead. After Jeoffrey died the whole King's Landing polital storyline went to pot. Since then the only interesting parts were the north with Ramsay and Jon/castle black and Bran's storyline.

Dany's storyline from day one has been boring and they've spent far too much time dallying with some characters. Arya's storyline in Bravos was utterly stupid and they spent far too much time in season 6 showing that rubbish.

Point 1 - Blimey,Every one is a general now. 

Point 2 - Why do you bother watching it then? 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Point 1 - Blimey,Every one is a general now. 

Point 2 - Why do you bother watching it then? 

Not a general, just pointing out an obvious error. I do understand though to follow plot and kill off some main characters they needed to do it, it just seemed a little daft when analysing it that's all.

It's my favourite show currently on TV, that's why I watch it. However, I only watch it for certain storylines.

On the point of the leaked script, why would anyone actually want to find out? The show is incredible and surely you should want to just watch it with the suspense of not knowing what happens.

Before season 7 started there were numerous spoiler vids on Youtube describing the upcoming events. They were impossible to ignore as the titles of the videos just gave them away straight away.

These people are idiots and just want to ruin it for everyone else.

42 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not a general, just pointing out an obvious error. I do understand though to follow plot and kill off some main characters they needed to do it, it just seemed a little daft when analysing it that's all.

It's my favourite show currently on TV, that's why I watch it. However, I only watch it for certain storylines.

Fair point.

I have to admit I do like the programme but I take it for what it is and I don't over analyse it

On 01/08/2017 at 21:09, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Loving this series of thrones up to now...a good blend of intrigue,back stabbing,deceit and action.

Check out these reviews of each episode on you tube...the blokes a legend and each one makes me giggle.

I love ozzyman. 

Cat v Mantis destroyed me

Best episode of this series by a mile, because it was GoT at its best.

(Spoilers) Grey morality came up for the first time this season. Dany slaughtering soldiers who we saw in the Ed Sheeran scene just fancy getting home. I was very nervous for Bronn and Jaime, two anti-hero characters. 

2 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

(Spoilers) Grey morality came up for the first time this season. Dany slaughtering soldiers who we saw in the Ed Sheeran scene just fancy getting home. I was very nervous for Bronn and Jaime, two anti-hero characters. 

I liked the way it almost parodied westerns, almost to the point of them circling the wagons as the savages came charging over the hill. Interestingly, in classic western iconography, the bad guy where's black. And Tyrion has taken to wearing lots of black. It became very muddy as to who were the bad guys and who were the good guys in that scene. 

And I really thought Bronn was a goner, it was great to see him properly panicking (Jaime's always going to be safe, so not much of a cliffhanger, butvstill cool that he would try to joust a dragon like St. George). Although I'm very glad he's not, (i hope), i suppose the only disappointment is that in all that destruction no known characters bit the dust (possibly Randall Tarly?). 

24 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I liked the way it almost parodied westerns, almost to the point of them circling the wagons as the savages came charging over the hill. Interestingly, in classic western iconography, the bad guy where's black. And Tyrion has taken to wearing lots of black. It became very muddy as to who were the bad guys and who were the good guys in that scene. 

And I really thought Bronn was a goner, it was great to see him properly panicking (Jaime's always going to be safe, so not much of a cliffhanger, butvstill cool that he would try to joust a dragon like St. George). Although I'm very glad he's not, (i hope), i suppose the only disappointment is that in all that destruction no known characters bit the dust (possibly Randall Tarly?). 

I think Tarly might be dead. In theory there's suspense that Jaime and Bronn might have drowned but in reality Jaime has plot armour. Would be great to see Jaime, Tyrion and Bronn all meet again, great relationships between those characters.

13 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Game of Thrones needs to keep killing off characters unexpectedly to maintain tension and appeal. I hoped one of Bronn and Jamie would die. Jaime wants to die because he hates what Cersie is doing but can't go against her because of brotherly love. So a glorious death at the hands of the dragon was all he was after. And it would have conflicted Tyrion to see his beloved brother who saved his life effectively being killed by Dany.

But it might have been more fitting for Bronn, the ultimate sell-sword, to have sacrificed himself in a completely selfless act and pushed Jaime off the horse and been burnt alive himself.

Apart from missing those opportunnites, a very good episode. But we need major character deaths for greatness.

I do wonder if Jon secretly bent the knee while in the cave. Afterwards he was really uncomfortable when Davos was thinking how he should best be referred to as a king.

Basically the first three episodes of this series were just positioning all the pieces and from now on I'm expecting some truly glorious telly.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Game of Thrones needs to keep killing off characters unexpectedly to maintain tension and appeal. I hoped one of Bronn and Jamie would die. Jaime wants to die because he hates what Cersie is doing but can't go against her because of brotherly love. So a glorious death at the hands of the dragon was all he was after. And it would have conflicted Tyrion to see his beloved brother who saved his life effectively being killed by Dany.

But it might have been more fitting for Bronn, the ultimate sell-sword, to have sacrificed himself in a completely selfless act and pushed Jaime off the horse and been burnt alive himself.

Apart from missing those opportunnites, a very good episode. But we need major character deaths for greatness.

I do wonder if Jon secretly bent the knee while in the cave. Afterwards he was really uncomfortable when Davos was thinking how he should best be referred to as a king.

Basically the first three episodes of this series were just positioning all the pieces and from now on I'm expecting some truly glorious telly.

Wouldn't be the first time he bent the knee in the cave and looked a bit sheepish afterward. He's got form. 

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I agree more characters need killing off to build up the tension. After Stannis, nobody of consequence has died (unless you count Jon, whose revival felt like cheating). I don't feel like Jaime's arc is complete just yet though.

Archived