Game of Thrones - Season 7

Day

Game of Thrones  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought the whole part of it being off screen was that the viewer didn't know about it, so we were as surprised as Littlefinger when it happened. Worked for me!

That was the plan.

With Littlefinger's influence and involvement dwindling it was always on the cards that he was going to be cut (:ph34r:) from the show.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, angieram said:

I thought the whole part of it being off screen was that the viewer didn't know about it, so we were as surprised as Littlefinger when it happened. Worked for me!

I was telling my wife, as she caught up on the last few episodes (a valiant effort after started from series 1 episode 1 about 5 weeks ago), that that storyline is the most frustrating and boring to watch, but stick with it, it's totally worth it for the pay off. 

Its so frustrating to watch. We've waited ages for this stark family reunion, and then it's all going a bit pear shaped. 

Mans your screaming at the telly, just talk to each other. If arya would tel Sansa where she got the note from in the first place, it would be very easy to come to the conclusion that little finger is up to no good. And bran clearly knows little finger is a bit of a s****. So why don't they just sit down and tell each other what they know about about little finger. 

Well, turns out they did just that, so alls well that ends well. Hugely satisfying conclusion to that one. 

You know what is frustrating though? I don't think we saw ghost once during the series. 

A very brief mention by Sansa of her wexpexred to be like Ghost and just wait for him. Why on earth wasn't ghost joining him on deagostone. 

I know the real reason is because they spent all the cgi busget on dragons and can't afford to CGI fire wolves too, which is really disappointing. How cool would it be to have Jon and his dire wolf face off with dany and her dragons. I know a dire wolf isn't quite as cool as a dragon, but having you're own pet mythical beast is bad ass regardless. And how useful would ghost have been beyond the wall, and in kings landing (if only for intimidation value, I'll see your mountain and raise you a direwolf)?

6 hours ago, angieram said:

But it made the scene last week of Ayra threatening Sansa seem completely redundant from a story telling perspective.  All it needed was a shot or two of Littlefinger hiding out of sight listening to the conversation to reveal that the two of them were setting Littlefinger up, instead of the audience...  

4 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Exactly he played the character brilliantly, his ending was perfect.

The perfect ending for him would have been sat on the iron throne, not that fanservice s**** we got.

Why did the Knights of the Vale just let him get killed? And why are they hanging around after he's dead?

45 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

The perfect ending for him would have been sat on the iron throne, not that fanservice s**** we got.

Why did the Knights of the Vale just let him get killed? And why are they hanging around after he's dead?

The knights let him get killed because he killed Lady Arryn, got Jon Arryn killed, was a smarmy b****** to them and they had genuine dislike. Also Lady Arryn was the Stark children's aunt so had more sway over them than he did.

3 hours ago, Hucknall Ram said:

Well Shane didn't, I thought he was alright to be fair

For being heavily anaemic and working on half a liver I think I had respectable fifteen minute spells in both games before blowing out of my backside for the remaining 75+.

I got the feeling that Shane didn't like me, somehow. He hinted it on occasion.

I was hoping LittleFinger would make it too the throne, I'm not sure they had an idea of what to do with him. They missed a trick by labelling him the master politician while at the same time being openly shown that Brann can see his past (ie the possibility of seeing everything he has ever done) yet he stuck around to play games between Sansa and Arya.

I think the true LittleFinger would've gotten out of there sooner, or stopped playing those games upon realising that. Probably their worst storyline last year and the end of my favourite character, I enjoyed his final scene however. 

I wonder if he would have been more useful in the final episode with Cersei. Though he betrayed the Boultons I suppose, in turn betraying her.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

The knights let him get killed because he killed Lady Arryn, got Jon Arryn killed, was a smarmy b****** to them and they had genuine dislike. Also Lady Arryn was the Stark children's aunt so had more sway over them than he did.

So says someone from another house who just had him murdered.

I don't think I'd want to be the Lord of the Eyrie if my guards are that fickle they'll just let me get my throat cut because a rival faction wanted me dead.

And didnt he eat at Winterfell? Doesn't that make the Starks as bad as the Freys? They're just making this s**** up as they go along, lore be damned.

I can't wait for the proper ending in the books.

2 hours ago, Alex W said:

I was hoping LittleFinger would make it too the throne, I'm not sure they had an idea of what to do with him. They missed a trick by labelling him the master politician while at the same time being openly shown that Brann can see his past (ie the possibility of seeing everything he has ever done) yet he stuck around to play games between Sansa and Arya.

I think the true LittleFinger would've gotten out of there sooner, or stopped playing those games upon realising that. Probably their worst storyline last year and the end of my favourite character, I enjoyed his final scene however. 

I wonder if he would have been more useful in the final episode with Cersei. Though he betrayed the Boultons I suppose, in turn betraying her.

They got rid of a character who best embodied the grey morality of the show, whilst turning all the Stark kids into overly virtuous (maybe not Arya), fully levelled up RPG characters who now no longer face negative consequences for their actions (Which up to now was a hallmark of the series).

Series 7 is when GOT became LOTR.

48 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

So says someone from another house who just had him murdered.

I don't think I'd want to be the Lord of the Eyrie if my guards are that fickle they'll just let me get my throat cut because a rival faction wanted me dead.

And didnt he eat at Winterfell? Doesn't that make the Starks as bad as the Freys? They're just making this s**** up as they go along, lore be damned.

I can't wait for the proper ending in the books.

The general, Yohn Royce, had this scene with Baelish.

Think it is quite easy to see why they would not defend him.

The Frey's betrayed Robb for riches, the Stark's sought revenge on their family, once the truth had been learnt through Bran.

50 minutes ago, rynny said:

The general, Yohn Royce, had this scene with Baelish.

Think it is quite easy to see why they would not defend him.

The Frey's betrayed Robb for riches, the Stark's sought revenge on their family, once the truth had been learnt through Bran.

Not for me. If they wouldn't defend him they shouldn't follow him at all. Honour should be a hugely important factor in a medieval inspired setting. I don't think those men would think the seven gods would look favourably on what the cloak and daggers thing that they did. And I don't see  Baelish putting himself in such a situation if that was the case anyway. And that all this was delivered to us through that contrived fake Sansa vs Arya story that didn't even make any sense. Yes Arya, by using your new Sherlock Holmes powers you now know Sansa wrote a letter under duress. No one cares.

Ah yes Bran, the human embodiment of a wiki of ice and fire. The deus ex machina that can help lazy writers to conveniently wrap up any plot ?

Archived