Game of Thrones - Season 7

Day

Game of Thrones  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I couldn't wait and watched the leaked episode. So much brilliance and stupidity at the same time.

Unfortunately, I believe I came across a major spoiler (regarding a certain dragon) for this episode when reading the comments of a video analysing episode 5. Still buzzing to watch though, I've got into a routine of watching it at 2am on Monday mornings:p.

28 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Unfortunately, I believe I came across a major spoiler (regarding a certain dragon) for this episode when reading the comments of a video analysing episode 5. Still buzzing to watch though, I've got into a routine of watching it at 2am on Monday mornings:p.

Damn spoilers.

Would it help if I said nothing of note happens with dragons?

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

I just tried to keep you guessing.

But why didn't the Night King go for the big one that was parked right in front of him? Makes no sense.

There's not a lot of that that did make sense, to be fair. But it all looked pretty awesome. It's just shuffling pieces around so they'll all end up at kings landing next episode for cleanse bowl. 

Like a film that is essentially just a bunch of big budget set pieces and explosions, stitched together with a really weak plot full of holes, hoping that if the set pieces are big enough, no one will notice or care. 

I mean, that message got to Dany, and she got there on her dragon, quicker than most emails. And why does she just happen to have clothes suitable for the far north, she's only ever been to merecen and dragon stone. Plot holes as big as planets.

But when it comes to game of thrones, I'm prepared to not notice or care, and just get swept up in some auntie / nephew love. 

And where was the third dragon. Seemed a bit contrived that she'd take two, one to rescue everyone, and one to die. I thought the third one was there and half expected it to go back for John. Then he'd come flying into dragonstome on the back of his own dragon next episode. That would've been cool. I should write the series. 

And, isn't it convenient how the wights only picked off the random red shirt wildlings. They seemed to bring just enough to die. Why not bring more wildlings? Why bring any at all? Nope, I predict that 6 people are going to die on this mission, so you 6, come with me. 

But apart from those massive criticisms, loved it. 

(Bit like when you secretly criticise you're wife to your mates cos she does actually look fat in that dress, still love her though). 

2 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

There's not a lot of that that did make sense, to be fair. But it all looked pretty awesome. It's just shuffling pieces around so they'll all end up at kings landing next episode for cleanse bowl. 

Like a film that is essentially just a bunch of big budget set pieces and explosions, stitched together with a really weak plot full of holes, hoping that if the set pieces are big enough, no one will notice or care. 

I mean, that message got to Dany, and she got there on her dragon, quicker than most emails. And why does she just happen to have clothes suitable for the far north, she's only ever been to merecen and dragon stone. Plot holes as big as planets.

But when it comes to game of thrones, I'm prepared to not notice or care, and just get swept up in some auntie / nephew love. 

I can maybe buy the ravens and the dragons making that journey in the space of a day but Gendry is faster then Ussain Bolt with the stamina of Mo Farah. 

I mean they went far enough away from the wall for there to be no mountain and then there was a mountain. Then he pegs it and he's there in half an hour.

And Jon did well to not get hypothermia.

Theyre really rushing it. Makes for some intense episodes but it would be a better reward for those invested in it to take their time. I don't understand why they're only doing 7 episodes. Are they bored?

Plus, out of the 3 deaths, how much emotional punch did they have? I felt a bit sorry for the wildling redshirts though ?

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

And where was the third dragon. Seemed a bit contrived that she'd take two, one to rescue everyone, and one to die. I thought the third one was there and half expected it to go back for John. Then he'd come flying into dragonstome on the back of his own dragon next episode. That would've been cool. I should write the series. 

And, isn't it convenient how the wights only picked off the random red shirt wildlings. They seemed to bring just enough to die. Why not bring more wildlings? Why bring any at all? Nope, I predict that 6 people are going to die on this mission, so you 6, come with me. 

But apart from those massive criticisms, loved it. 

(Bit like when you secretly criticise you're wife to your mates cos she does actually look fat in that dress, still love her though). 

I thought the dragon would come back for Jon instead of Cold Hands too. Then Jon would ride him home and Dany would get all wet.

Actually Cold hands, "there's no time". Yes there is. There's loads of time. What are you on about?

All 3 dragons did go though. One ran off.

51 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I think if you consider inconsistent logic in regards to clothing as a plot hole as big as a planet, you should probably just watch Attenborough documentaries.

2 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I thought the dragon would come back for Jon instead of Cold Hands too. Then Jon would ride him home and Dany would get all wet.

Actually Cold hands, "there's no time". Yes there is. There's loads of time. What are you on about?

All 3 dragons did go though. One ran off.

Yes, that was the other thing. Cold hands. That really feels like it should have had more emotional punch. Job spent most of the first two seasons wondering if his uncle was still alive. Although we know he is cos he's met bran, Jon doesn't. 

That seemed very rushed. 'Uncle Benjen, you're alive!', 'Yep, and now I'm dead', 'oh, well, nice to have seen you, thanks for the horse, bye.'

I think that was a bit of a quick way to tie up a loose end. So now wee met cold hands, what role días he play? If we never saw him again before the end, it would be a bit weird. So now he's dead, one less loose end to worry about. 

I can maybe buy the ravens and the dragons making that journey in the space of a day but Gendry is faster then Ussain Bolt with the stamina of Mo Farah. 

I mean they went far enough away from the wall for there to be no mountain and then there was a mountain. Then he pegs it and he's there in half an hour.

And Jon did well to not get hypothermia.

Theyre really rushing it. Makes for some intense episodes but it would be a better reward for those invested in it to take their time. I don't understand why they're only doing 7 episodes. Are they bored?

Plus, out of the 3 deaths, how much emotional punch did they have? I felt a bit sorry for the wildling redshirts though ?

I read a review that said gendry has now completed two thirds of the westernising iron man triathalon. they should've made him swim back to dragonstone to complete it. 

41 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Yes, that was the other thing. Cold hands. That really feels like it should have had more emotional punch. Job spent most of the first two seasons wondering if his uncle was still alive. Although we know he is cos he's met bran, Jon doesn't. 

That seemed very rushed. 'Uncle Benjen, you're alive!', 'Yep, and now I'm dead', 'oh, well, nice to have seen you, thanks for the horse, bye.'

I think that was a bit of a quick way to tie up a loose end. So now wee met cold hands, what role días he play? If we never saw him again before the end, it would be a bit weird. So now he's dead, one less loose end to worry about. 

Yeah. If we spend next to no time with the character then it limits the emotional impact of their death. It's the same with Viserion, Dany spent virtually all her time with Drogon. What personality did they give to Viserion? He was cream coloured.

They perhaps missed a trick not killing Tormund or the Hound off. They're popular characters. The thing that set GOT apart was when they bumped Ned off was you never knew who was safe. That 6 of the fellowship came back alive doesn't seem very GOT. How much of an influence does George RR Martin have now?

Yeah. If we spend next to no time with the character then it limits the emotional impact of their death. It's the same with Viserion, Dany spent virtually all her time with Drogon. What personality did they give to Viserion? He was cream coloured.

They perhaps missed a trick not killing Tormund or the Hound off. They're popular characters. The thing that set GOT apart was when they bumped Ned off was you never knew who was safe. That 6 of the fellowship came back alive doesn't seem very GOT. How much of an influence does George RR Martin have now?

I agree, my money would've been on tormund, but I was still bricking it when it looked like he was a goner, shouting at the screen for someone to save him. Then up popped the hound. 

I read an article that said thatvthis seqson was satisfying fans almost to the point of it being fan fiction made real. With reunions, revenge and massive set pieces (cleans bowl next week, got to be). 

But having sat through the red wedding, the burning of Shireen, the death of Hodor and Summer, and dear Lovejoy, and any number of other traumatising moments, I think we, as viewers, have earnt a few happy endings. 

Mind you, it's game of thrones. Something horrific is about to happen, clearly. 

Archived