Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dimmu, @Cam the Ram, @Millenniumram @Sparkle thanks guys. I'm guessing there would be other clubs interested at that money so perhaps Tom fancied coming home? Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to think as much. Looking forward to the watching his laser-guided passes (hopefully to a flyer or two on the wings - yes I'm being greedy!) and watching a few championship keepers picking Huddlestone rockets out the back of their nets. Made up :) Season can't start soon enough for me!

Can't help but sit here and wonder if had Huddlestone not started out at Derby would there be the same hype about this signing.

Don't get me wrong he's not a bad player to have at the club, but I think a few are getting carried away by the romance of it all, "Huddlestone coming home", when you look at his career he spent the least time at Derby and played the least games.

Plus his home is actually Nottingham :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Hope the James and Leadbitter rumours were alternatives to Huddlestone, and not 'as well'. We need to shift one or two on as it is. Huddlestone, Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield, Bryson. How do you fit even half of them in the team?

Not easy with an odd number!

I assume we've always known about his release clause, and it's just been a matter of agreeing a contract with Tom and his agent before making an offer.

I'd assume he's made it known he'd like to come back on the right terms.

If he signs it should mean that we are no longer reliant on Thorne being available every game or needing Johnson playing for his height every game or need Butterfield to possibly pass the ball forwards, a signing that covers a lot of options and with quality but yes we know he can't run fast but if he did he would be playing next to Dele Ali 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Can't help but sit here and wonder if had Huddlestone not started out at Derby would there be the same hype about this signing.

Don't get me wrong he's not a bad player to have at the club, but I think a few are getting carried away by the romance of it all, "Huddlestone coming home", when you look at his career he spent the least time at Derby and played the least games.

Plus his home is actually Nottingham :ph34r:

No romance from me on him signing, tall, strong, and he can pass the football towards our forwards which will be rather important 

7 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Under the old recruitment regime that would have got you a Butterfield.:ph34r:

£4.5 million gets.you an Anya - a Butterfield apparently is around the £5-6 million mark according to the Huddersfield end of things

''I don't think it gets much worse than this, strengthing one of our main rivals by practically giving them one of our best players for **** all.

It's tragic and unbelievable. A travesty. Heads must roll. 

Hopefully somebody nukes derby before he gets there.''

Safe to say they're not happy.

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Fizzy

Thorne* Huddlestone

Russell Nugent Lawrence**

Martin

*Only if he's 100% fit otherwise Johnson in there. 

** Put Lawrence in there if he's join us. 

Look decent team yes or no?

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Carson 

Wisdom Keogh Davies Fizzy

Thorne* Huddlestone

Russell Nugent Lawrence**

Martin

*Only if he's 100% fit otherwise Johnson in there. 

** Put Lawrence in there if he's join us. 

Look decent team yes or no?

100% great goals and great defence 

Archived