Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/07/2017 at 22:15, i-Ram said:

You really confident he will be a first team regular Valley?  Looks like a 4231 season to me - can't really see where he is going to fit in that formation. Don't think he has the discipline in the 2 or enough flair as the man in the hole. Not knocking him - good player, and no doubt Rowett rates him as a grafter, but I don't see him in anything other than a midfield 3.

if fit he will play every week 

First post guys. long time reader, finally took the plunge! I would personally love to see Thorne and Tommy as the two holding midfielders. Then with the possibility of either Jota or Lawrence in one of the wide roles and of course one other, be it Johnny R or perhaps Vydra with Martin and Nuge up top! 

1 hour ago, w8sey said:

First post guys. long time reader, finally took the plunge! I would personally love to see Thorne and Tommy as the two holding midfielders. Then with the possibility of either Jota or Lawrence in one of the wide roles and of course one other, be it Johnny R or perhaps Vydra with Martin and Nuge up top! 

I dont think I'd play Vydra wide but rotate him with Nuge and Martin myself, but welcome to the forum, just dive in is the way I did it :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Have we actually made a bid for him?

Can't be bothered to read 35 pages and considering there are 35 pages I'm assuming something solid has happened.

The DET are reporting that the Daily Mail are reporting that we have made abid of £4m

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Have we actually made a bid for him?

Can't be bothered to read 35 pages and considering there are 35 pages I'm assuming something solid has happened.

There is a whisper that we're looking at him and Hudds got release clause £2m so will see about It. Hope he joins us. 

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

The DET are reporting that the Daily Mail are reporting that we have made abid of £4m

Isn't that for Matty James though? One reporter (I think from Leicester) said no bid been made though. 

39 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

There is a whisper that we're looking at him and Hudds got release clause £2m so will see about It. Hope he joins us. 

Isn't that for Matty James though? One reporter (I think from Leicester) said no bid been made though. 

Yes, sorry, forgot which thread I was on...it was Matty James.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I dont think I'd play Vydra wide but rotate him with Nuge and Martin myself, but welcome to the forum, just dive in is the way I did it :thumbsup:

Thanks. I would only play vydra wide if we only signed one winger. With the sale of Ince and letting Camara go we are light in the wide positions. IMO we need to sign two wide men. 

3 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Thanks. I would only play vydra wide if we only signed one winger. With the sale of Ince and letting Camara go we are light in the wide positions. IMO we need to sign two wide men. 

That'd be Tom Lawrence and someone else for likes of Jota (MASSIVE SIGNING If happens) Ryan Kent and Scott Arfield. Then we'll have Mason Bennett and Johnny Russell fill in these positions either side which means Andreas Weimann and Nick Blackman to leave the club? 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

That'd be Tom Lawrence and someone else for likes of Jota (MASSIVE SIGNING If happens) Ryan Kent and Scott Arfield. Then we'll have Mason Bennett and Johnny Russell fill in these positions either side which means Andreas Weimann and Nick Blackman to leave the club? 

Would be brilliant to land both Lawrence and Jota but I would be happy to see one of them. Jota is more proven in this league. I can't say I have seen much of Lawrence (other than the highlights of him) which I must say where good, some brilliant individual goals. My mate who's a town supporter rates him highly. 

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Blackman leave, although he hasn't had much game time, when he has he's looked poor IMO. I think Wieman should have one more season, impressed me in the playoff semi final second leg against hull. 

On 13/07/2017 at 09:18, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

As we sit right now I think Lawrence and Huddlestone will get done eventually

Key word here being eventually, I assume. Very hard to get business done when teams are away on pre-season, especially if the clubs aren't actively trying to sell the player.

Thanks for your input, as usual @SuperDerbySuperRams - all updates are always appreciated! 

1 hour ago, w8sey said:

Would be brilliant to land both Lawrence and Jota but I would be happy to see one of them. Jota is more proven in this league. I can't say I have seen much of Lawrence (other than the highlights of him) which I must say where good, some brilliant individual goals. My mate who's a town supporter rates him highly. 

I wouldn't be disappointed to see Blackman leave, although he hasn't had much game time, when he has he's looked poor IMO. I think Wieman should have one more season, impressed me in the playoff semi final second leg against hull. 

The thing with Weimann is he's had Clement, Wassall, Pearson & MacLaren as managers before he was loaned out & none of them took to him so you have to ask why ? That's four chances to impress & none taken

13 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

The thing with Weimann is he's had Clement, Wassall, Pearson & MacLaren as managers before he was loaned out & none of them took to him so you have to ask why ? That's four chances to impress & none taken

Isn't it kinda obvious? He just runs around fast that's his whole game. Have you seen something different outside the one Hull game ? 

35 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

This is true, I think he's a hard worker but perhaps lacks the ultimate skill at the end of all that graft. I would keep him in the squad unless we are fortunate enough to get two new wingers. 

Archived