• Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Dragging on and on and may never get signed

1. The transfer window is open for another few weeks yet

2. The season doesn't start until Aug 4

3. Maybe he will sign

4. Maybe he won't

5. Maybe we've no intention of signing, he was never on the radar even and it's all media/messageboard hype and speculation

5. The sun's shining, go outside and appreciate it a little you miserable old b*****d. :) 

3 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Dragging on and on and may never get signed

Not aimed at oldtimeram in particular, but we've signed 3 players already.  If that was our business done with a few outs to follow, I'd be satisfied.

Elsnik and Bennett deserve a chance.  Not fussed about getting Jota. If we get Lawrence I hope we also shift two of Bryson Johnson and Butterfield and let the kids have a go

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I guess my question with all this talk of Jota, Lawrence etc is

Okay so we have talented players who can create chances but who, from the current squad, will then smash the ball into the net again and again? 

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Chris 'Fatboy' Martin and Super Dave 

hqdefault.jpg

David-Nugent-celebrates-s-008.jpg

3 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

I am outside in the sun sat on my garden lounger

Well cheer the **** up then :lol:

depositphotos_13594199-stock-photo-old-m

I think it's more likely that butterfield would be the one to be moved on if poss ,only by virtue of the fact that we have Thorne and now huddlestone who are good passers of the ball and from what I've seen so far he is not the box to box midfielder that can run onto crosses and score the type of goals that Bryson does and perhaps Bradley too ,, butters is more the score great shots from outside the box type of player 

I know he's not scoring just now ( last season ) but he scores the George Thorne type goals rather than the Bryson type from what I've seen ,, to be fair I'm not sure if he was different at huddersfield ? 

Unless there's a side to him that I hav nt seen then he overlaps a bit with hudds and Thorne and I'm not sure he's right for the number ten role with the way rowett appears to be setting us up

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

1. The transfer window is open for another few weeks yet

2. The season doesn't start until Aug 4

3. Maybe he will sign

4. Maybe he won't

5. Maybe we've no intention of signing, he was never on the radar even and it's all media/messageboard hype and speculation

5. The sun's shining, go outside and appreciate it a little you miserable old b*****d. :) 

The three targets we have are Huddlestone [signed ],the lad from Liverpool [I wasn't privvy to the name just a Liverpool youngster ] and Lawrence .

31 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The three targets we have are Huddlestone [signed ],the lad from Liverpool [I wasn't privvy to the name just a Liverpool youngster ] and Lawrence .

They are probably our three main ones but we'll have more targets than that 

8 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

May take couple of weeks? Won't be here in time for Sunderland game?

Window closes at the end of August - It'd be nice to have the squad together before the Sunderland game but would rather Rowett got his first choice targets than his 2nd/3rd choice just based on timings

Archived