Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well if he's been a sensation our chances of getting him would have plummeted

Yeah, that was my point in posting that as I imagine most Derby fans didn't see the game and might be interested in how he got on. It wasn't a judgement of his overall ability, but obviously if he'd scored 8 goals in the first pre-season game I think there would be slightly less of a chance of us loaning/selling him. 

Born in the north of Wales and resident on a farm until the age of 8, Lawrence was often used to protect the crops from crows after a mob of intimidating crows ruined the scarecrow that Lawrence's family put up. Sources close to the player say that Lawrence ability to scare off the crowd helped his ability to become a predator in front of goal. The individual, who wished to remain anonymous, stated: "I was Tommy's neighbour when we were young kids and despite being small, he wasn't afraid to get stuck in and fight any crows that wanted to steal the crops, he was like a robot, he could sense if the crops were coming even when they were miles away. I say to this day that his fearless attitude against any opponent or animal is what gives him his edge whilst playing football today." The source then went on to say that Lawrence ate sweet potato fries and beetroot to give him the energy to "never give up." 

Find out more at: Interestingfootballerfacts.com

26 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Born in the north of Wales and resident on a farm until the age of 8, Lawrence was often used to protect the crops from crows after a mob of intimidating crows ruined the scarecrow that Lawrence's family put up. Sources close to the player say that Lawrence ability to scare off the crowd helped his ability to become a predator in front of goal. The individual, who wished to remain anonymous, stated: "I was Tommy's neighbour when we were young kids and despite being small, he wasn't afraid to get stuck in and fight any crows that wanted to steal the crops, he was like a robot, he could sense if the crops were coming even when they were miles away. I say to this day that his fearless attitude against any opponent or animal is what gives him his edge whilst playing football today." The source then went on to say that Lawrence ate sweet potato fries and beetroot to give him the energy to "never give up." 

Find out more at: Interestingfootballerfacts.com

Well I'll be bumswivelled, Aunt Sally :mellow:

On 7/19/2017 at 13:39, Foxes Fan said:

Like James, he played 45 minutes against West Brom. Obviously the first game of pre-season so to judge now would be crazy, pointless and unfair, but he didn't particularly stand out.

It's only a friendly; so long as he looked good in his kit and got a bit out of breath it doesn't matter if he played poorly. Ask anybody on here...:mellow:. It's all about getting a bit sweaty. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Nixon tweeted this yesterday. "Lawrence fee quite high. But available. Toral another story. But no replacement for what lost."

Sounds like we could make a successful approach now if we wanted as Leicester don't deem him necessary. Potentially better value for us to wait for a little while?

4 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Thought £10m was "quoted" for TL?

No think that was for Newcastle rumour and Leicester fans wants that amount or more. Few weeks ago Lawrence linked to Derby for £7m initially.

35 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Nixon tweeted this yesterday. "Lawrence fee quite high. But available. Toral another story. But no replacement for what lost."

Sounds like we could make a successful approach now if we wanted as Leicester don't deem him necessary. Potentially better value for us to wait for a little while?

If he has not signed a new deal then his value decreases with each passing week so any offer Derby make now becomes more tempting if it  is reasonably realistic.

43 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Leicester sense a huge profit, they paid £1 million for him, which is a bit like us selling Jeff Hendrick 

Archived