New kit revealed 7th July

I love it!!

I pre ordered for the first time and even got MARTIN 9 on the back which I've not done before. Just hoping Rowett doesn't loan him out to a rival now before driving us to the bottom of the table. 

Also very grateful to not have to constantly explain to Americans why my t-shirt says JUST EAT on the front. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

not exactly inspiring are they, what happened to the highly creative designs of the 80's and 90's, Bukta designed some crackers whilst high on acid :lol:

To be fair if you get high on acid this kit would probably look pretty creative with dancing unicorns and stuff?

6 hours ago, Jawa said:

I think the sponsor does definitely look better; I've heard people complaining simply because of the presence of red on the shirt which is just stupid in my mind, I just think it looks cleaner with the new sponsor than it did with Just Eat because there's nowhere near as much attention drawn to the sponsor.

Probably my favourite kit that I've seen us have.

What? So far this season?

I like it though. "Clean" was the first word that came to my mind too. The neck is right and I'm surprised that I like the white sleeves so much although only in the short sleeves.

I'm not so enamoured by the white sleeve on the long-sleeve version. It looks like something is missing.

I buy at least 1 kit most seasons, sometimes 2 if I really like them; home kit is almost always long sleeved though.

I'm definitely keen on this though.  

5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

It's so close to being really nice, just something about the pointy bits that look a bit naff, could have been perfect

It's ok, which is a disappointment  seeing as they'd given it the big build up for a week, history revisited, 20 yrs of PP, and all that b******s, when in fact it's just a different colour scheme to an already widely available kit.

Can anyone point out a nod to the past 20 yrs in this kit, honestly?

Like the kit but again its another screw you to the fans as is everything in football these days! To get myself, my baby boy n two toddler kids a shirt thats £157! Why 33 quid for a baby shirt ffs! 

Will always love Derby and football but hate the "business" side of it!

1 hour ago, De22Ram said:

Like the kit but again its another screw you to the fans as is everything in football these days! To get myself, my baby boy n two toddler kids a shirt thats £157! Why 33 quid for a baby shirt ffs! 

Can't see why if Mel wants to do something for the fans he can't sell the shirts and kit at a more reasonable price - it's not even like the old days where a kit lasted years, it's every year! Why not 'pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap'?

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Can't see why if Mel wants to do something for the fans he can't sell the shirts and kit at a more reasonable price - it's not even like the old days where a kit lasted years, it's every year! Why not 'pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap'?

Problem is, as long as people buy them at that price, there's really no need from a business point of view, to bring the price down. It's not like on a Saturday afternoon / Tuesday evening or whenever Sky want to air it, there aren't a s**t load of people wearing the new kit. So Mel's happy. 

Its like with the Arsenal fans complaining about the price of a ticket. They regular sell out, or near enough, so what incentive do management have to bring the price down (other than it's the decent thing to do, but when did that ever come up in a business meeting?).

profing ordinary fans out of the game, bit as long as there are people with more money than sense willing to pay the listed price, then they'll keep charging it. 

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Problem is, as long as people buy them at that price, there's really no need from a business point of view, to bring the price down...

profing ordinary fans out of the game, bit as long as there are people with more money than sense willing to pay the listed price, then they'll keep charging it. 

The point with 'pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap' (the old Tesco's sales pitch) is to sell large amounts, not just the few at £48. Better to have every fan wearing the shirt at home and abroad? Great marketing.

4 hours ago, De22Ram said:

Will always love Derby and football but hate the "business" side of it!

The price of the shirts are shocking. £33 for a babies shirt daylight robbery. Should get a discount if you buy more than one shirt. If they priced the shirts a bit cheaper I'm sure more people would buy them.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

You'd have thought that the kids kit would be really cheap (get em young)  so to speak!

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The point with 'pile 'em high, sell 'em cheap' (the old Tesco's sales pitch) is to sell large amounts, not just the few at £48. Better to have every fan wearing the shirt at home and abroad? Great marketing.

You're not wrong. In fact, if I was Avon Tyres I would be all for this approach. Get my logo on as many people as possible. 

I suppose with the arsenal analogy, they are selling out, so why lower prices, but with the derby shirts, not every single fan has one, so it's a question of whether or not the profit margin is bigger if you sell 30,000 at £25, or 15,000 at £48. 

Actually, when I look at it like that, it's a no brainer, not to mention the added benefits of having more shirts out in the world. 

Archived