New kit revealed 7th July

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Any info on the release of the away one? @DCFC1388 say it was similar to Everton's away but yellow and blue?

Soon. Blue and yellow yes from what I've heard. 

49 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Any info on the release of the away one? @DCFC1388 say it was similar to Everton's away but yellow and blue?

No idea on date to be honest but id think we will wear it away to Sunderland so possibly the Friday before, 28th...the week after the home one goes on sale

On 08/07/2017 at 08:00, De22Ram said:

Like the kit but again its another screw you to the fans as is everything in football these days! To get myself, my baby boy n two toddler kids a shirt thats £157! Why 33 quid for a baby shirt ffs! 

Will always love Derby and football but hate the "business" side of it!

The introduction of a new kit every season is the absolute pinnacle of football fan exploitation and capitalism at its ugliest. When I was younger it was a new kit every 3 seasons then as I got older it was every 2 seasons. This was reasonable and fair for fans and for families but of course football clubs including ours don't give a f**k about them, only about the profit made from selling overpriced polyester tat every season.  A kid wanting the new shirt may not end up getting it until Christmas, which means they'll get 5 months wear before it's out of date. That is absolutely scandalous and why more fans are not outraged by this is beyond me.

It only takes one club's board to do the right thing and go back to producing one kit every 2 seasons but the sheer greed of those involved in the game probably means it'll never happen. 

10 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

No idea on date to be honest but id think we will wear it away to Sunderland so possibly the Friday before, 28th...the week after the home one goes on sale

Yeah fair enough.  What about the design was I right In saying like Everton's away kit ?

22 minutes ago, Jayram said:

The introduction of a new kit every season is the absolute pinnacle of football fan exploitation and capitalism at its ugliest. When I was younger it was a new kit every 3 seasons then as I got older it was every 2 seasons. This was reasonable and fair for fans and for families but of course football clubs including ours don't give a f**k about them, only about the profit made from selling overpriced polyester tat every season.  A kid wanting the new shirt may not end up getting it until Christmas, which means they'll get 5 months wear before it's out of date. That is absolutely scandalous and why more fans are not outraged by this is beyond me.

It only takes one club's board to do the right thing and go back to producing one kit every 2 seasons but the sheer greed of those involved in the game probably means it'll never happen. 

Capitalism at its ugliest? I half agree with you, there's a level of exploitation involved (£46?!). Or not exploitation, pushing their luck a bit I should say.

But it's supply and demand. If fans don't want it it's up to them not to buy it. If enough people don't buy it then they won't make one. I'm not buying it at £46. But if people do then what am I supposed to say to that? All you Derby fans that want a new kit can't have one because I won't pay? That's my problem ultimately. 

I wouldn't object to not having a new one every season as well. But I'd be pretty pissed off if my football team deliberately turned their nose up at revenue to make some kind of statement. And I do t know why it'd be the 'right thing' to do anyway. No ones putting a gun to anyone's head.

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

Yeah fair enough.  What about the design was I right In saying like Everton's away kit ?

Thats what i got told but whether thats this years style or last years yellow and blue style I dont know but it is yellow and blue

3 hours ago, Jayram said:

The 'right thing' will be to have a plain white shirt (no sponsors), black shorts, black stockings with white tops and to change it in 100 seasons time to a plain white shirt (no sponsor), black shorts, black stockings.

Won't happen though.

Yeh I hate them forcing us to buy new kits as well. 

Why do you think the old kit is suddenly unwearable when a new one comes along? If you want to wear a kit for 2 to 3 seasons then nobody will stop you - thousands of people wear old kits to matches.

If one chairman went to producing only one new kit every two seasons then all the other clubs would just laugh at the idiot who is just throwing away the money for a new player or two and then carry on as before.

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Why do you think the old kit is suddenly unwearable when a new one comes along? If you want to wear a kit for 2 to 3 seasons then nobody will stop you - thousands of people wear old kits to matches.

If one chairman went to producing only one new kit every two seasons then all the other clubs would just laugh at the idiot who is just throwing away the money for a new player or two and then carry on as before.

That crazy now clubs are flogging the retro kits. Still got my original Arthur Cox two tone blue tops. Will give one an airing this season when I get chance! 

8 hours ago, GenBr said:

Ok mate whatever. I'm thinking more of the families with kids where they want the latest up to date kit every season. I don't wear them myself as I'm a 49 year old man and like most people over 40 I look stupid in a piece of cheap polyester designed for professional sportsmen. 

31 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Ok mate whatever. I'm thinking more of the families with kids where they want the latest up to date kit every season. I don't wear them myself as I'm a 49 year old man and like most people over 40 I look stupid in a piece of cheap polyester designed for professional sportsmen. 

Ive not been in school for a while, but I have got kids so this is something I'm thinking about. But I don't think a kid would get bullied or anything for wearing last seasons kit. most parents would be on the same boat, so they wouldn't be singled out as the poor one. 

But any kid with the new kit would be a superstar. 

But my kids aren't old enough to have experienced this yet, so we'll see. Anyone else have first hand experience of this? Do kids have peer pressure to gavevtgd latest kit, and therefore parents have pressure to fork out for it each season?

I'm the same age but I defend my right to look stupid at any age I wish....

2 hours ago, Jayram said:

My post applies to kids as well. Just because they want the latest kit doesn't mean you have to buy it for them. Christ my family couldn't afford any kits when I was a kid - nevermind one every season. It will teach them a valuable life lesson that you can't always have what you want. Football shirts are a luxury - they are not a necessity.

There are thousands of fans who can and will buy a new kit every season. That is why the clubs do it - supply and demand. In your world you would be denying everyone who does want a new kit every season the chance to get one just because a few people feel obligated to buy said new kits every year and can't actually afford them.

8 hours ago, SKRam said:

That crazy now clubs are flogging the retro kits. Still got my original Arthur Cox two tone blue tops. Will give one an airing this season when I get chance! 

Just waiting for our 1886 kit to make a comeback!

image.png.c1914edab1edf206c247ded492540a58.png

46 minutes ago, GenBr said:

My post applies to kids as well. Just because they want the latest kit doesn't mean you have to buy it for them. Christ my family couldn't afford any kits when I was a kid - nevermind one every season. It will teach them a valuable life lesson that you can't always have what you want. Football shirts are a luxury - they are not a necessity.

There are thousands of fans who can and will buy a new kit every season. That is why the clubs do it - supply and demand. In your world you would be denying everyone who does want a new kit every season the chance to get one just because a few people feel obligated to buy said new kits every year and can't actually afford them.

Just waiting for our 1886 kit to make a comeback!

image.png.c1914edab1edf206c247ded492540a58.png

Ready for a runout on Red Rum in that. 

16 hours ago, Jayram said:

What makes you think it's the board that takes the decision?

I think the decision is much more to do with the kit manufacturer than anything else - Most other brands change their range every year - In fact most have two ranges a year (winter and summer) - Some even have 4 these days

I've often been frustrated going into shops a year later not being able to find the same, simple hoody I bought the year previously

Archived