Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I’m sure this has been asked a million times, but is it not possible to avoid having so many duplicative and overlapping threads? 

We combine threads where possible, but if it’s not done quick enough merging two multi page threads can cause issues with posts not following there natural sequence if you get me.  Locking threads can upset some too.

One of the mods found this out recently, no names mentioned.

But, sometimes there’s an argument for why they're separate.

i reported a post i consider highly offensive in the Coronavirus thread, but it was ignored and the post is still there.  i reported it again and asked for an explanation as to why the moderator considers it inoffensive and was again ignored.

2 minutes ago, ramit said:

i reported a post i consider highly offensive in the Coronavirus thread, but it was ignored and the post is still there.  i reported it again and asked for an explanation as to why the moderator considers it inoffensive and was again ignored.

Reports are not always acted on, in general we don’t communicate with members on the reports. It’s a system to alert moderators to a post that a member feels has broken the rules that is all. 

I haven’t seen the reports personally, but the post I assume was not deemed to be offensive by moderators if it remains on the forum. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Reports are not always acted on, in general we don’t communicate with members on the reports. It’s a system to alert moderators to a post that a member feels has broken the rules that is all. 

I haven’t seen the reports personally, but the post I assume was not deemed to be offensive by moderators if it remains on the forum. 

i won't be using the report option again then, since calling people insane "crazies" is perfectly fine.

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

i won't be using the report option again then, since calling people insane "crazies" is perfectly fine.

I just looked and I can’t see it personally directed at any particular member which is why it probably wasn’t acted on.

Sorry you feel that way about reports, we can’t win either way, we either moderate too much or not at all. If it helps it’s sending me a little crazy so technically I’m a crazy and will accept it if it comes my way.

Also just to add, and this isn’t just to you @ramit, but this topic is really intended for things that are broken on the forum, not moderation issues. 

For moderation issues, contact a moderator privately through the PM system, not report and we will happily explain any action or none action. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

I just looked and I can’t see it personally directed at any particular member which is why it probably wasn’t acted on.

Sorry you feel that way about reports, we can’t win either way, we either moderate too much or not at all. If it helps it’s sending me a little crazy so technically I’m a crazy and will accept it if it comes my way.

Best i stay out of that thread, however tempting as it might be to post at times.  i don't want to think poorly of a fellow Ram, or get banned for losing my cool.  Thanks for responding David and i do appreciate that moderating is a difficult job.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Also just to add, and this isn’t just to you @ramit, but this topic is really intended for things that are broken on the forum, not moderation issues. 

For moderation issues, contact a moderator privately through the PM system, not report and we will happily explain any action or none action. 

Apologies for that.  i wasn't sure who the moderator is.

Just now, ramit said:

Best i stay out of that thread, however tempting as it might be to post at times.  i don't want to think poorly of a fellow Ram, or get banned for losing my cool.  Thanks for responding David and i do appreciate that moderating is a difficult job.

Honestly, that thread is really not worth your time.

• 1 month later...