What do you really think of Morris?

oldtimeram

I know he has friends and ears on this forum, but I was just wondering what the general view of the man is?

In his time since he took control do you think he has done a good job?

What do you think of recent events with the acquisitions and impending sales? Surely he has had a significant input in both the purchases of Wisdom and Curtis and the likely sale of Hughes and the give away of Camara?

Personally, as far as I am concerned, the jury is still out, but I guess that might change a bit if we get to hear the true value of the impending Hughes sale.

Is he good for the club or another meddling fan with dosh?

Views guy?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like him and think we should be great full that he has taken on Derby County. I also think he wants the best for the club and this has shown through his investments in staff and facilities. 

I feel he has been let down by a few false promises and may be even a bit of skullduggery.

All in all I think well done let's hope he gets things right now.

He's a Derby Fan with shed loads of money and is doing what we'd all do possibly if we had been as successful as he has been.

Its a thankless task, we desperately need some highs and quick. Fans in general are a fickle lot.

I think he knows what he wants and is used to getting what he wants. Let's hope this continues.

Local owner, investing heavily into the infrastructure of the club. 

Yes he's made some #*#* ups as chairman with regards to transfers, but honestly, it's his money, and I'm sure he's now taking a learning curve. 

As long as he's keeping 11 players on the pitch, who are willing to emotionally and physically pull themselves apart for the entertainment of 30,000+ (fickle) fans then I'd support him. The past few seasons have been entertaining at least, and after all isn't that what we're paying for?

So at the moment he is doing OK, but could do a lot better?  A bit like my school report.

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others. A smart man learns by his own mistakes, but a fool never learns.

Let's hope he is a wise man and not the latter?

I'm starting to have concerns ,, not about his motives but more whether he has what it takes to do the tough job in hand ,,ie detach the emotion of running the club he obviously has massive feel for ,,,, 

it just appears we are going round in circles on the football side of things , we choose a direction then totally change tack with alarming regularity it seems ,,, it's like we decide to go down a certain road ,start the journey then lose our bottle and backtrack but can't because we've semi covered our tracks( loaned sold players vital to the previous track ),

martin back ,, wisdom reincarnated , will Hughes out ? That's really no different to the Pearson outing of our top scorer ? Then Mac back ,, it's hard to figure the logic or long term plan anymore ,, why sack Pearson for making massive changes then go back but sack Mac only to have rowett come in and do exactly what Pearson was doing ,, we know for a fact that Pearson had built a side that got promoted from this division then stayed up ,, much as I like rowett we know no such thing yet ? But he has carte Blanche to do what Pearson was sacked for attempting ? 

Bloody hell im going round in circles now too ,,, just totally confused with the whole thinking at the club just now

Archived