What do you really think of Morris?

oldtimeram

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically he has come in and done what people were berating the Americans for not doing...giving the manager funds to strengthen the team.

Remember the time when 'Barker type fee' was something used to bash the owners with?

Remember when us having a bottom 6 budget was causing such an outrage?

So on that front he basically did what the fans wanted and it's not good enough.

These days we are an embarrassment for the money we have blown on players and the wage bill.

What else has he done? Well there was entering the dressing room. Ig course this was another source of huge embarrassment. So the fans demanded he keep out of team affairs, that of course was until Martin was loaned out and Hughes about to be sold. Once again he is a no win situation.

On the manager front...you guessed it...every appointment was wrong (despite positivity about most of them when they were announced).

Also he has spent many millions improving the infrastructure but think we should just ignore that.

36 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I bloody love him.

In time Mel will prove to be our Peter Coates.

I'm looking forward to the day he gets to celebrate promotion along with the rest of us, that day we will all be singing his name.

Can't wait to watch us play like Stoke

39 minutes ago, ramit said:

He has vastly improved the infrastructure of the club, the training facilities and the academy.  That's an investment for the future and it's something i will always praise him for

If only he'd appointed managers who used the academy instead of buying expensive dross from other clubs.

Mel's backed his managers but the managers judgements have been poor and costly.

47 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

dfshpd

I'm (genuinely) having trouble working that one out,Utch. Is it an abbreviation for derbysfishpond ?

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

dirty filthy schwein hunt pig dog

he mentioned the "s" word!

Always like to learn something new every day.Gonna practice that on someone tmw now

I think it's virtually impossible to judge him from the outside looking in. Without some insider knowledge, I can't say if he's doing a great job under impossible circumstances or handling everything badly when it should be a doddle. Without knowing the back stories to some of these decisions, who knows? Who is driving the Hughes sale - is it an astute sale because he's limiting our play, is it the doings of the player/manager/agent, is the price based on factors we don't know, is there a grand plan for a change in tactics/strategy/formation...I honestly have no idea.

He's just a boss of a company that I have no visibility of the internal operations of. 

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really not keen atm. What's the point of the 'Derby Way' when we end up where we are having to sell the brightest talent.

The Derby Way does not forbid the sale of players.

In fact if there is a conveyor belt of talent coming through the academy then the sale of players will help contribute to the running of the club. It's served Southampton very well so not sure why we cannot replicate that.

By all accounts he has invested massively in the infrestructure of the club but his footballing decisions have been pretty dire. We may have facilities to die for but we are now a pundits joke.We are a proud club of high reputation and the last couple of years have left this reputation in shreds. Hopefully he has been misled by those he trusted and GR will prove to be the stabalising influence we so need..It has been a steep learning curve but he is not alone in discovering that owning a football club is a complicated and unique business

6 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

By all accounts he has invested massively in the infrestructure of the club but his footballing decisions have been pretty dire. We may have facilities to die for but we are now a pundits joke.We are a proud club of high reputation and the last couple of years have left this reputation in shreds. Hopefully he has been misled by those he trusted and GR will prove to be the stabalising influence we so need..It has been a steep learning curve but he is not alone in discovering that owning a football club is a complicated and unique business

I think you overplay our standing in the current world of sky football. We're no more than a passing nod, just like Forest, Leeds, Sheffield Weds, Wolves, etc.

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The Derby Way does not forbid the sale of players.

In fact if there is a conveyor belt of talent coming through the academy then the sale of players will help contribute to the running of the club. It's served Southampton very well so not sure why we cannot replicate that.

To the detriment of the team, surely it does. Otherwise we are just a cash register!

Archived