Members who don't post - Why?

Angry Ram

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

You need to tag me in this kind of feedback so I can ignore it better.

My semi professional response would be this, as the site owner I feel I have a responsibility to ensure this community has the best platform to communicate with other Derby County fans. 

With that I will run this forum on the latest software update available to myself which you are seeing today. 

Whilst I will admit I personally would not have included every feature you may see on the forum if I was the developer of the software, I also acknowledge the fact we have a wide range of ages that may enjoy some of the more modern features such as reactions.

Fact is a large number of members are enjoying these new features which is why you are seeing them across the board today, had they been seen as childish by others they would not have been used and your post would not have been made. I've even seen old farts like Eddie embrace the future and throw a few reactions out there.

The rise of social media has pushed forum developers on so they are not left behind, likes, favourites, shares, retweets, reactions, that is the world we live in today and to be relevant they need to keep up so forums don't die a death as older people switch to bingo from the internet.

Finally, there is no option for me to display the likes as they were before without going through the coding which would be a nightmare when bug fixes are released as I would have to keep going back and making the changes.

I don't mean to sound like an arse when I say this but there is other forum options out there that use dated software for those that find the changes too much and prefer the more traditional style of using nothing but words, no member is held hostage and I will gladly link alternative options. I will never please 100% of members with the decisions I make, accepted that a long time ago. 

P.S I have no plans to buy that domain name anytime soon :) 

Would've been quicker to call me an old git...?

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

To all the mods,stop bickering ladies:p.

You're supposed to set an example to the peasants... like myself.

You should see the mod room, all it takes to kick off in there is a jaffa cake.:lol:

On 5/7/2017 at 11:14, David said:

You need to tag me in this kind of feedback so I can ignore it better.

My semi professional response would be this, as the site owner I feel I have a responsibility to ensure this community has the best platform to communicate with other Derby County fans. 

With that I will run this forum on the latest software update available to myself which you are seeing today. 

Whilst I will admit I personally would not have included every feature you may see on the forum if I was the developer of the software, I also acknowledge the fact we have a wide range of ages that may enjoy some of the more modern features such as reactions.

Fact is a large number of members are enjoying these new features which is why you are seeing them across the board today, had they been seen as childish by others they would not have been used and your post would not have been made. I've even seen old farts like Eddie embrace the future and throw a few reactions out there.

The rise of social media has pushed forum developers on so they are not left behind, likes, favourites, shares, retweets, reactions, that is the world we live in today and to be relevant they need to keep up so forums don't die a death as older people switch to bingo from the internet.

Finally, there is no option for me to display the likes as they were before without going through the coding which would be a nightmare when bug fixes are released as I would have to keep going back and making the changes.

I don't mean to sound like an arse when I say this but there is other forum options out there that use dated software for those that find the changes too much and prefer the more traditional style of using nothing but words, no member is held hostage and I will gladly link alternative options. I will never please 100% of members with the decisions I make, accepted that a long time ago. 

P.S I have no plans to buy that domain name anytime soon :) 

You put your semi professional response, but where's your lager drinking football hooligan response?

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

You put your semi professional response, but where's your lager drinking football hooligan response?

Sorry rich, thats my job.....

"your going home in a Derby ambulance"       "you'll never make the station"

"DDRI, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, and thats where you'll be spending the night, etc, etc, 

Any one else wants some?

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Sorry rich, thats my job.....

"your going home in a Derby ambulance"       "you'll never make the station"

"DDRI, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, and thats where you'll be spending the night, etc, etc, 

Any one else wants some?

Are you tired and weary or summart?

• 2 months later...

Archived