Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Been very poor defensively in the under 21 game, Germany are killing it down their right hand side, Hughes hasn't provided any protection to the left back Chilwell and looks sluggish. Looks decent when he has the ball though.

Let's see who'll get motm shall we.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ninos said:

Let's see who'll get motm shall we.

He very well may win it because he has created a few chances but are you even watching the game? Hughes' positioning has been all over the place defensively and which has resulted in the midfield being stretched and allowed Arnold for Germany to run the game. I'd swap his position with Baker's because Hughes is neglecting his defensive responsibilities. 

Alan Smith on commentary said it was so predictable that the goal would come from Germany's right hand side because Chillwell had no support.

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Alan Smith on commentary said it was so predictable that the goal would come from Germany's right hand side because Chillwell had no support.

After seeing Hughes play well and nearly set up an early goal why would Boothroyd play him on the right?

Edit: a bit like the goal he's set up now.

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He very well may win it because he has created a few chances but are you even watching the game? Hughes' positioning has been all over the place defensively and which has resulted in the midfield being stretched and allowed Arnold for Germany to run the game. I'd swap his position with Baker's because Hughes is neglecting his defensive responsibilities. 

Messi defensively is generally all over the place.

Hughes with good players around him becomes a fantastic player. We've said that all along. Today just reinforces that no one makes lousy transfer and contract decisions like we do ... lord help us.

It was inevitable that whenever Hughes had a good game after he left us, there would be more wrist slashing. He hit a ceiling at Derby and he was only going to be worth so much playing in the Championship.

He's moved on to bigger things and his value is just going to increase. When Watford sell him for more, there will be more wrist-slashing, but staying in the Championship wasn't going to increase his value which is why I think we sold, even though I'm not happy with the amount we did manage to get.

If we had managed to get promoted, things would be a lot different. The value we would've got for Hughes when we sold him would have been a lot different. But we didn't, it's just one of those things. The QPR defeat had a bigger impact on the club than I think most would have expected or predicted 3 years later. 

I want to see Hughes go on and do well, I'm not going to sulk or have another pop at the club every time he has a decent game.

Makes zero sense - even with us and our shambolic transfer dealings?

Even if we decided it was time to sell (and Will wanted to try his luck higher)

Why the rush?

Why not wait to see how the tournament pans out for him?

At the end of the day it was Watford knocking - not a decent club ?

It seemed to me there was only upside from waiting a while and seeing how he played - great chance then a club with a bit of quality (and a lot more ambition) might have come looking..

Madness !!

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

The joke was that you were celebrating Hughes being in the starting line up - And I was pretending not to know who he is since he abandoned us - In the thread about him - It's funny because it's blatantly obvious who

Oh yeah I got that, jokes old man.

Archived