Keogh

TroyDyer

19 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Why is this crap still being discussed?? Great way to get behind rowett and team, by sl**ing of our captain and best defender for years. 

Let it go guys, seriously 

Because this is a fan forum where we talk about football.  One of the most important moments in our recent footballing history, it will probably be talked about for years to come by Derby (and QPR) fans.

As for the goal itself, plenty of mistakes to go around in the build up to the goal culminating in Keogh's catastrophic clearance. It was a shame...given the effort he had put in, he didn't deserve that, but football can be cruel. 

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Why is this crap still being discussed?? Great way to get behind rowett and team, by sl**ing of our captain and best defender for years. 

Let it go guys, seriously 

Struggling to identify what the rude word is that requires two asterisks. But agree with what's said

5 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Struggling to identify what the rude word is that requires two asterisks. But agree with what's said

Sloping. I put a shelf for the Mrs which was sloping. She swore like a trooper 

31 minutes ago, Doodle said:

As I said it was an howler but you over estimate Keogh. There is no way on gods earth he could pass the ball 100 times out of 100 to Zamora with his best foot never mind his less favoured one. It would land at Zamora's foot about 1 in 10 tops. It does your argument no good once you start talking out of your wrong un 

To be clear, it was his best foot he used, the issue is he shouldn't have. He'd get closer to 100 passes to Zamora in 100 than 1 in 10 if he cushioned a side foot to him like he did.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

absolute b******s. Being unable to tackle is NOT a mistake, laying off a worldie assist to a previously prolific striker is a howler.

Total drivel!

My missus could have put a harder tackle in than Bucko did and making a weak tackle is a mistake. Forsyth failing to do anything was also a mistake - on the day all 3 defenders were culpable but some weird fans only remember Keogh's part in the goal because it suits their twisted agenda.

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

For me getting rid of Keogh is the main thing Rowett needs to do to freshen up this team and club.

He has been a good servant and captain for many years but like this thread has shown whilst he is here we will always be looking at the past, the playoff final etc we need to move forward and for me getting rid of our captain for the past few years will give the club a fresh start

Hopefully Rowett isn't as daft as some on here and makes sure Keoghs' going nowhere.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

absolute b******s. Being unable to tackle is NOT a mistake, laying off a worldie assist to a previously prolific striker is a howler.

Fozzy himself has admitted it's his worst ever mistake 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

So would I be running around in that heat. Then again I am a fat 44 yr old bloke. Anyway, gotta go. I'm off to Greggs to maintain my figure. 

Any man who has Anya as a running partner is in trouble...pass the defibrillator!!

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Daft for having an opinion different to yours? 

Shows how rated he is if Birmingham want him for 3m

Let it go man & support the team. I expect you like to have a go at Nick Blackman as well don't you? Did Chris Baird also cop for a few boos? ..................It's the start of a new season why not try to be positive?

Anyone would think he's the only defender to ever make a mistake! Terry made hundreds including the last game at Chelsea where after just scoring he headed it straight to the oppositions forward to score.

s**t happens get over it. He's still the best ball playing defender we have 

I'm not arsed about the play off final now. Don't see why anyone would be. It's gone, the hurt has gone and it was a fun season. What still hurts is how we not only failed to build on that bunch but we went backwards while spending lots of money. That still hurts because we are still paying for that.

QPR killed our promotion hopes that season. We killed our own hopes in 15/16 and 16/17. 

But during that whole time Keogh has been the best central defender. He's been the best at getting us on the attack from the back. While not always the stand out defender every game he's been the most reliable of the back 6 over a season.

If you think he's crap then that surely means you think the rest of them are worse than crap.

Shackell and Pearce create their own work by inviting opponents to attack. Cyrus and his disco stepovers contributed to Ince being man marked and attacks breaking down. Not to mention he gets caught out just as much as Keogh. Olsson... well, I don't want to hammer him anymore buts he's not as useful as Keogh. Thorne? Unreliable. Johnson? Had runs of good and runs of useless. Lowe? Same as Thorne, not been able to rely on him. Baird? Went out on loan because he was struggling. Warnock was part of that hopeless ball playing left side under Clement. Grant? Had his suicide run. Carson? Perhaps the only man to be as useful and reliable as Keogh. 

I don't adore Keogh. But the grass isn't always greener. A lot of players have come in and struggled to match him. Whether that says more about our transfer decisions or about Keogh's contribution... I dunno. 

I know watching wooden legs Pearce and Shackell bores me to tears. 

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Let it go man & support the team. I expect you like to have a go at Nick Blackman as well don't you? Did Chris Baird also cop for a few boos? ..................It's the start of a new season why not try to be positive?

Dont boo any player, if you look at some of my messages you will see I have been positive. I posted a message about Keogh and got called daft for having a different opinion of him so not quite sure what your telling me to let it go for.

I'd say they've flopped worse tbh.

Arsenal are further from the PL title and the Champions League than ever before.

While Spurs who were right behind Leicester saw Leicester drop away and Chelsea push past them. 

Man City meanwhile have gone from big spending champions to big spending also rans who still haven't made a major impact in Europe.

Derby have gone from years of mid table to 3rd, 8th and then mid table again. Probably shows signs of over achievement rather than flopping. Midtable is more the norm unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Arsenal finishing outside of the top 4 is a big flop for their club. It's easily as big of a flop as Derby not being promoted.

He's not quite Sanchez or Kane though is he lol.

I'm not saying we need to get rid of Keogh, just hand the captaincy to someone else. Surely Wembley still lingers over him when games get tight in the 85th minute.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

So,by your logic,you'd rather not have a player who makes the odd mistake but prefer players who haven't got the ability to do what they're paid to do! ??

10 minutes ago, Scott_dcfc said:

He's not quite Sanchez or Kane though is he lol.

I'm not saying we need to get rid of Keogh, just hand the captaincy to someone else. Surely Wembley still lingers over him when games get tight in the 85th minute.

If Keogh is so mentally fragile that once the clock hits 85 minutes during games that are tight he starts having flashbacks and panics, do you really think taking an elastic armband off of him and giving it to someone else will suddenly cure his apparent mental instability?

Archived