Apple

Day

• 5 weeks later...

Yesterday's toys it seems.. 

All jokes aside.. Bored stiff of the iPhone and tablets that never change. Little Angrys girlfriend has one of those Huawei phones and it's great. Fraction of the price as well..

Has the consumer pushed back on the might Apple? Hope so.

Edited by Angry Ram

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

All jokes aside.. Bored stiff of the iPhone and tablets that never change. Little Angrys girlfriend has one of those Huawei phones and it's great. Fraction of the price as well..

I wouldn't trust any Chinese tech to be honest

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

To be fair, getting rid of the home button and introducing ‘the notch’ in the X is quite a big design change. I have thought this though, from a design point of view eventually all phones will just be one big touch screen, so there won’t be much you can do to make them stand out from a design point of view. 

Also, it’s funny how things cycle round and so quickly. Remember less than 20 years ago that Nokia were the absolutely undisputed champions of the world. Didn’t seem like they’d ever go away. But now where are they? So you may be right. Eventually Apple’s light may start to fade. Gone are the days of Woolworths or whatever being a power house for 100 years, especially in the tech industries.

Over my dead body before I switch to Android though. 

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

To be fair, getting rid of the home button and introducing ‘the notch’ in the X is quite a big design change. I have thought this though, from a design point of view eventually all phones will just be one big touch screen, so there won’t be much you can do to make them stand out from a design point of view. 

Also, it’s funny how things cycle round and so quickly. Remember less than 20 years ago that Nokia were the absolutely undisputed champions of the world. Didn’t seem like they’d ever go away. But now where are they? So you may be right. Eventually Apple’s light may start to fade. Gone are the days of Woolworths or whatever being a power house for 100 years, especially in the tech industries.

Over my dead body before I switch to Android though. 

The only thing bothering me about Apple at the moment, and what will make me think twice about upgrading is the absence of a home button.  Huawei, OnePlus and a couple of other manufacturers have managed to embed a fingerprint scanner into the screen so I can't see why Apple can't as well.  I don't want to have a phone where I have to pick it up and look like I'm taking a selfie every time I want to unlock it...

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I don't want to have a phone where I have to pick it up and look like I'm taking a selfie every time I want to unlock it...

You really don’t, just pick it up as you would to use the phone then swipe up as it will have already unlocked.

You don’t have to hold it out at eye level and pout or anything like that. 

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The only thing bothering me about Apple at the moment, and what will make me think twice about upgrading is the absence of a home button.  Huawei, OnePlus and a couple of other manufacturers have managed to embed a fingerprint scanner into the screen so I can't see why Apple can't as well.  I don't want to have a phone where I have to pick it up and look like I'm taking a selfie every time I want to unlock it...

That’s insane. I pick up my Xs Max and it unlocks when I swipe up without a second thought. The fact it uses my face to unlock is something I don’t even think about now or notice because it happens in a fraction of a second!

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, David said:

I mean, that's not an Apple product right? Can't blame them for third party products. 

The AirPods are also super popular now as well, see them used everywhere, can't be hating on them. 

But it's funny that a third party has created a product to reverse apple's technological improvement, and can charge you for the privilege.