Summer Transfers 2017

Kernow

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Newcastle offered £20m for Tom Cairney and Fulham rejected it, so says Slavisa Jokanovic

Not sure which is more barmy

To be fair maybe Fulham don't need the money and the headache of replacing him rather than them suggesting he's worth more. Or maybe they just want to milk Newcastle.

Newcastle are barmy. Or lazy. There's no players out there with Cairney's ability for less than £20m?

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Newcastle offered £20m for Tom Cairney and Fulham rejected it, so says Slavisa Jokanovic

Not sure which is more barmy

That makes Hughes worth about £30m then. Crazy price and setting him up to fail, doubt he could ever match the expectations of it.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

To be fair maybe Fulham don't need the money and the headache of replacing him rather than them suggesting he's worth more. Or maybe they just want to milk Newcastle.

Newcastle are barmy. Or lazy. There's no players out there with Cairney's ability for less than £20m?

To be fair, I'm struggling to think of any #10's of his mould.

But at the same time, wouldn't he and Shelvey take up each other's spaces? Wouldn't it be better if they signed a traditional number #10 for Shelvey to feed? 

16 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Everton offering £30m "after various add-ons and clauses" for Pickford.

Just over a million for each Premier League games he's played for a club that was relegated.

18 hours ago, Rample said:

That makes Hughes worth about £30m then. Crazy price and setting him up to fail, doubt he could ever match the expectations of it.

I'm sorry but Cairney is worth far more than Hughes. Hughes has had a poor season and ended up being on the bench for most games, whilst Cairney has been the captain and best player of a playoff team, whilst also getting double figures in goals and only being a few years older. I think some fans are blinded about Hughes purely because he's one of our own.

Archived