Summer Transfers 2017

Kernow

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Rample said:

Good acquisition, one of the better keepers in this division. Not sure what the fee was but I'd take him and over £25m in the bank instead of Pickford.

Good business for all the parties. Brighton made new contract with their number 2, sold Stockdale and will sign Mat Ryan after the Confederation cup. Like you said, Stockdale is good keeper for this level. Top, top player some might say.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just seen Leicester's reported £17m bid for Harry Maguire.

This coming after £30m for Jordan Pickford. Absolute madness.

Year left on his contract as well 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Year left on his contract as well 

In today's market, how much would somebody like Neymar cost - considering his ability and the fact he's only 25. About £150m at least? 

I bet if Mbappe was at an English club like Southampton he'd command a nine-figure fee too.

Can't believe anyone is shopping at home with those prices, still Ben Gibson to enter the fray of overpriced defenders too, plus possibly Walker and Rose eclipsing them all at £30m plus.

To think Man City could realistically be spend £130-140m on 3 of England's defence if you include Stones.

Just now, Rample said:

Can't believe anyone is shopping at home with those prices, still Ben Gibson to enter the fray of overpriced defenders too, plus possibly Walker and Rose eclipsing them all at £30m plus.

To think Man City could realistically be spend £130-140m on 3 of England's defence if you include Stones.

England have a defence? ???

I'm most interested to see where two players end up.

- Andrea Belotti

-Thiago Maia 

Belotti for those of you who have BT Sport or follow Italian football is a more reknown name and I personally believe the rejuvenated Milan would pose an ideal move, albeit him probably not being able to be their number 9 with the recent purchase of Andre Silva. He's the complete striker in my opinion and the rumoured €20 million loan fee is a coup if possible.

Thiago Maia. A lesser known Brazilian midfielder who pulled the strings within their Olympic conquest. For someone so young he has a large amount of games for a Brazilian side who have a pedigree of churning out world beaters. I can see him moving to a Serie A or Ligue 1 club such as PSG or Monaco who have recently had an uptick of buying from the Brazilian league.

8 hours ago, Waffle said:

I'm most interested to see where two players end up.

- Andrea Belotti

-Thiago Maia 

Belotti for those of you who have BT Sport or follow Italian football is a more reknown name and I personally believe the rejuvenated Milan would pose an ideal move, albeit him probably not being able to be their number 9 with the recent purchase of Andre Silva. He's the complete striker in my opinion and the rumoured €20 million loan fee is a coup if possible.

Thiago Maia. A lesser known Brazilian midfielder who pulled the strings within their Olympic conquest. For someone so young he has a large amount of games for a Brazilian side who have a pedigree of churning out world beaters. I can see him moving to a Serie A or Ligue 1 club such as PSG or Monaco who have recently had an uptick of buying from the Brazilian league.

Every prem side except Spurs would be better off from signing Belotti - a fantastic player.

Torino are playing hardball and don't want to sell cheaply. £88m is the release clause, which is a staggering amount for what could turn out to be a one season wonder. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Two players from relegated sides join Premier League sides for a total of £47 million.

Yet people think £12m is enough for Tom Ince?

Exactly. 

The thing is they are being signed based on last season's Premier league performances. Surely Mooy at an eventual £10m is a better comparison, although it could be reasoned we could maybe add a few million due to Ince's goal scoring record, nationality, and the fact City were willing to sell Mooy for that as they have a buy back clause in place.

For me we should plan to keep him, only selling if someone is so desperate as to offer crazy money. Pulling a figure out of the air, £17.5 - 20m.

Archived