Summer Transfers 2017

Kernow

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Can't decide which club is being more crazy here

if it carries on much longer the fee will dwarf Neymars  , you cant blame Liverpool , they are  just sitting back and letting Barcelona bid and bid again , Coutinhos a good player but 100 million plus , BEHAVE

53 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Villa sign Snodgrass on a season long loan, old spudface doesn't have much trouble getting his owner to put his hand in his pocket does he ?

He said he's not been able to spend millions. 

He has spent ten hundred thousand a few times though

I don't understand how the market has jumped so much.

If these players (who are brands themselves now) could pay for themselves then why was Pogba not more money? He's instantly recognisable. He sells easier than Dembele? 

I really don't understand

I know it's not about what players ability is worth. So what is it about? Why pay so much money? I mean Mbappe. Who the feck rates French football? So what has he proven really? He's a name on the lips of football hipsters and on the radar of becoming a household name. A Zlatan, a Mandzukic, an Alexis Sanchez. 

So what?

What is it about Dembele, Mbappe that makes them so earth shattering awesome. Why are they moving for the price of a nuclear weapon while Stoke are getting Jese on loan. What are PSG planning here? Are these transfers for players that they need to win the French league? Are they going to help their brand? Are they going to give them much of a better chance to win the CL. 

Same with Barcelona. Dembele. Really? What's he done? What does he offer. 

Oh I'm sure they're bloody good players. But there's players out there that have done more than this pair and are also a brand. I mean if Barcelona win the CL or La Liga it won't be down to Dembele. 

It's like Derby. Does our season end if Huddlestone gets injured? Pack in and go home. Villa with John Terry. Should we go spend £20m on the Dembele in Grimsby? It would make no sense. 

The only one I can get my head around is Neymar. Established elite player. The face of a nation. A model. An icon. Half a stadium of sad b******* showed up to see him sign (wtf is that about? I'm going down to Pride Park to watch a bloke put a shirt on and wave). But at least half the world knows who Neymar is, kids want to be him etc etc.

Mbappe? Piss off! 

I don't care how good he looked playing St Etienne. No fecker is interested in him. Only those looking for semi obscure players to w*** over. "Antonio Banderas Stallone? Plays for FC Muffdive? He's better than Hazard". No he's not. He isn't. It's a fact. Shut up. He'll be better than Hazard when he's achieved what Hazard has.

I'm sorry Mr Dembele and Mbappe (Mbappe sounds like a McDonald's breakfast item) but in no way on earth are you worth anything like the price of Neymar. Not commercially. Not playing level. Not yet.

The only people worth anything like Neymar are the boring names that all the "casual fans" know. The reason they're boring names is because they actually do impressive s**** in impressive matches year after year. 

How do we know Mbappe and Co aren't the next Djemba Djemba? 

Archived