Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

16 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Your chips are worthless. Christie will leave on a free this summer given he's out of contract and Rowett hasn't started him.

According to the DET and the contracts thread on here, Christie has another year left on his contract so @86 points - don't throw your chips away just yet.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Your chips are worthless. Christie will leave on a free this summer given he's out of contract and Rowett hasn't started him.

44 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

We'd still get some compo for him though wouldn't we ?

37 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Bummer - my chips being worthless, not you Mr Sagan...

30 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

According to the DET and the contracts thread on here, Christie has another year left on his contract so @86 points - don't throw your chips away just yet.

25 minutes ago, 86 points said:

*rustling through bin frantically searching for discarded chips....

Oops! That'll tech me to believe the Radio Derby commentary team & stop at the opening post on the contracts thread. Hope you find them, 86P!

I think Christie is a better fullback than Wisdom but whatever opinions on that, Christie would be marketable as an athletic international player.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Oops! That'll tech me to believe the Radio Derby commentary team & stop at the opening post on the contracts thread. Hope you find them, 86P!

I think Christie is a better fullback than Wisdom but whatever opinions on that, Christie would be marketable as an athletic international player.

Perhaps we could get Sam Rush to do a portfolio? :ph34r:

Cyrus is a good player at this level. Will have a good career. 

If a player isn't in form or is out of the team for a spell, their stock falls so low with supporters so quickly it makes my head spin. 

4 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Christie is leaving in the summer, Roy Keane has done 6 references for him as he has a number of suitors. Don't ask me for sources it's from the horses mouth.

Which horse?

we've got one horse and one donkey by my reckoning.

I don't get the Cyrus bashing.

He's one of those "if he could put together the bits he obviously has" he'd be a hell of a player. Never quite consistantly done that here - plus - doesn't seem to work so well with Ince - hence - Awful, worst i've ever seen, get rid, dross, etc etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left, it's true he's not quite become the player we hoped when we agreed compo with Cov, but I think he'll have an OK career at this level.

For saying that, i do hope we Sign Andre. If nothing else so we can sing "he parks where he wants"

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I don't get the Cyrus bashing.

He's one of those "if he could put together the bits he obviously has" he'd be a hell of a player. Never quite consistantly done that here - plus - doesn't seem to work so well with Ince - hence - Awful, worst i've ever seen, get rid, dross, etc etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left, it's true he's not quite become the player we hoped when we agreed compo with Cov, but I think he'll have an OK career at this level.

For saying that, i do hope we Sign Andre. If nothing else so we can sing "he parks where he wants"

Agreed - in fact, I suspect Cyrus is the sort of player who will be better at a higher level - where he can play the marauding wing-back safe in the knowledge he will have players covering him when he gets forward

Stick him in a Moses/Valencia/Walker type role (no I'm not suggesting he's as good, but he has similar attributes) and I think he might flourish - put him in our flat back four with little help from centre backs or midfield and he looks horribly exposed - though even having said that, we've shipped less goals with him at right-back that we have with Olssen at left-back....

I think the general consensus is he isn't Rowett's type of RB, goes missing too often isn't solid enough. Cyrus has great ability but sometimes you just sit there and wonder where the **** he is when other teams score. This to me is where a lot of Keogh bashing comes from, covering the RB position while trying to magically do the CB job as well.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

I think the general consensus is he isn't Rowett's type of RB, goes missing too often isn't solid enough. Cyrus has great ability but sometimes you just sit there and wonder where the **** he is when other teams score. This to me is where a lot of Keogh bashing comes from, covering the RB position while trying to magically do the CB job as well.

There is an argument that says one of your midfielders should be covering if a full-back goes forward - it was certainly something that George used to do  - Russell also used to cover his full-backs - Ince (though better than he used to be) doesn't tend to get back unless he's chasing someone after giving the ball away. Rather than defend Keogh, I'd ask why (as captain) he's not organising the team and why (whoever has played this season) our players seem to be so tactically and positionally ill-disciplined....

17 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

There is an argument that says one of your midfielders should be covering if a full-back goes forward - it was certainly something that George used to do  - Russell also used to cover his full-backs - Ince (though better than he used to be) doesn't tend to get back unless he's chasing someone after giving the ball away. Rather than defend Keogh, I'd ask why (as captain) he's not organising the team and why (whoever has played this season) our players seem to be so tactically and positionally ill-disciplined....

Thing is we don't know how well this is organised this is on the training ground, it's fine saying Keogh should organise it and to be honest I see him shout a lot at players for stupidity. Case in point Wolves goal last home game, rest of the defence asleep just running towards their own goal. He was going mad at that one. As for Pearce... What was he doing.

Maybe a midfielder should step in but again prior to Rowett how well was this coached? Was Christie not being smart enough picking when he should step up? hard to say without me re-watching a load of clips.

Archived