Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

9 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

Would love him in as he is a defender before anything else. I do rate Christie but he would be better suited to a wing back role.  

Wisdom Keogh Shackell Forsyth 

ill be happy with that , all 6ft plus and good in the air. One of our problems this year has been conceding from set plays, well GR is clearly trying to address this. Add a 6ft centre midfielder by the name of George thorne and already I feel a lot more confident at defending set pieces. 

Agree with your comments. Not sure Shackell will be here after his quiet season, but Barnsley ' s Roberts would be a great replacement.

We also should not rely on Thorne's fitness, but taller midfield players would be a plus.

Baird can fill in anywhere in the back four.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree with your comments. Not sure Shackell will be here after his quiet season, but Barnsley ' s Roberts would be a great replacement.

We also should not rely on Thorne's fitness, but taller midfield players would be a plus.

Baird can fill in anywhere in the back four.

#fawazout

PistoldPete2
On 4 May 2017 at 14:53, Animal is a Ram said:

When asked about Wisdom, he said: "He is athletic, strong and has potential to play in the Premier League - so he is the type of player we are interested in."

On the reports linking the player with Derby, Rowett added: "I am sure it is a potential opportunity to try and stoke up the value a little bit.

"Certainly the values that they were talking would be more than we would be looking at, at the moment."

Sounds like paper talk to me. And I don't think we will pay silly money after the splurges of last 2 years.

4 hours ago, Charlie G said:

Wisdom Keogh Shackell Forsyth 

ill be happy with that , all 6ft plus and good in the air.

Sorry, but Keogh is one of the worst headers of a ball at centre half I've seen!

other than that, I agree with you, having Thorne, or someone of his defensive abilities, would make a difference (though Johnson's no midget)

19 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

Sorry, but Keogh is one of the worst headers of a ball at centre half I've seen!

other than that, I agree with you, having Thorne, or someone of his defensive abilities, would make a difference (though Johnson's no midget)

If Keogh is one of the worst headers of a ball then really, you need to get out more

It's important to have at  6 good headers of the ball when defending set pieces. Wisdom, Thorne, Forsyth, Martin, Johnson and a new centre back would give us a good platform to defend set pieces with the likes of Keogh supporting them. Have to agree that Keogh isn't the best at heading ball but having him as a supporting cast just for height in addition to the players I listed above would help a lot defensively. Then you could have Ince and the other winger/Vydra on the half way line ready for counter attacks, forcing the opposition to keep men back.

6 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

Really? He gets no power behind a header. Shackell or Pearce in comparison are far better in that department.

He attacks the ball as a central defender should. Looks like another Keogh basher has joined us.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

He attacks the ball as a central defender should. Looks like another Keogh basher has joined us.

And it looks like another troll is already on the forum - I only said he couldn't head the ball.

i think in general Keogh is a decent CB, I wouldn't say he lives up to the billing of best CB in the championship, but we could easily do a lot worse.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Let's say this is our team for the sake the argument, I'll try and make it as simplistic as I can 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh New Cb  Forsyth

Thorne   Johnson

Ince              Vydra        Russell

Martin

Have the back 6 + Martin defending from set pieces. Meanwhile,  have Ince on the edge of the box, whilst leaving Vydra and Russell on the half way line. Ince is a good passer/ decent pace so if the ball falls to him, he has two options. Either to play it quickly to Vydra or Russell or to dribble his way out by using his speed which would create an overload and lead to a potential 3 v 3/4 opportunity on the counter.

1 minute ago, Mountain Ram said:

And it looks like another troll is already on the forum - I only said he couldn't head the ball.

i think in general Keogh is a decent CB, I wouldn't say he lives up to the billing of best CB in the championship, but we could easily do a lot worse.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Seriously - you really think he's one of the worst headers of a ball playing in his position you've ever seen?

9 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Seriously - you really think he's one of the worst headers of a ball playing in his position you've ever seen?

I don't think he's bad by any means, I think it's more that Keogh looks like the ball has hit his head, the way his head pings back whenever he heads it. He doesn't look like he can head it properly or with any power, a bit like Savage when he used to try and head it and hair went everywhere!

On 4 May 2017 at 22:10, PistoldPete2 said:

yeah i dont remember him being very good going forward.

but solid defensively. Depends what we want, but with Ince always cutting inside I think we need an overlapping fullback.

Agree, very solid defensively.

I always thought he was pretty decent going forward. One occasion springing to mind is him marauding half the length of the pitch to perfectly plant the ball on Martin's head at the back post at Barnsley.

11 hours ago, McLovin said:

It's important to have at  6 good headers of the ball when defending set pieces. Wisdom, Thorne, Forsyth, Martin, Johnson and a new centre back would give us a good platform to defend set pieces with the likes of Keogh supporting them. Have to agree that Keogh isn't the best at heading ball but having him as a supporting cast just for height in addition to the players I listed above would help a lot defensively. Then you could have Ince and the other winger/Vydra on the half way line ready for counter attacks, forcing the opposition to keep men back.

Could you open this one little bit? Why six?

13 hours ago, McLovin said:

Let's say this is our team for the sake the argument, I'll try and make it as simplistic as I can 

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh New Cb  Forsyth

Thorne   Johnson

Ince              Vydra        Russell

Martin

Have the back 6 + Martin defending from set pieces. Meanwhile,  have Ince on the edge of the box, whilst leaving Vydra and Russell on the half way line. Ince is a good passer/ decent pace so if the ball falls to him, he has two options. Either to play it quickly to Vydra or Russell or to dribble his way out by using his speed which would create an overload and lead to a potential 3 v 3/4 opportunity on the counter.

Swap Hughes for vydra and bring a new winger in for Russell and I would be very happy with that team.  pending on who new cb is 

16 hours ago, Mountain Ram said:

16 hours ago, Mountain Ram said:

Really? He gets no power behind a header. Shackell or Pearce in comparison are far better in that department.

Can I welcome you to the Keogh bashing forum - I think you'll find the following thread to your taste. You'll be able to point out all Keogh's defensive deficiencies to your heart's content in the company of many like-minded Derby 'fans'. 

Archived