Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisdom was raw. Fantastic? Hardly. 

He worked well with Ince in the sense that he never crossed the halfway line, leaving Ince all the space in front. 

He provided balance in the sense that it enabled Forsyth to bomb on. 

But he was often caught out defensively, but managed to recover the situation almost every time due to his shear physicality. 

Also, as Rowett has stated his preference for 4-2-3-1 formation, that works better with two full backs both capable to bomb on. 

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

He worked well with Ince in the sense that he never crossed the halfway line, leaving Ince all the space in front. 

But he was often caught out defensively, but managed to recover the situation almost every time due to his shear physicality. 

Also, as Rowett has stated his preference for 4-2-3-1 formation, that works better with two full backs both capable to bomb on. 

Are you sure?

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Your memories playing tricks on you, worked well with Russell maybe?

Wisdom is perfect for us.

Rowett has shown by choosing Baird over Christie that he's more interested in full backs who can defend first and foremost (to be fair, Christie for me is no better going forward than Wisdom is anyway). 

I also miss watching puny wingers go in for a shoulder barge against him and ending up over the advertising hoardings. 

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

DC(FC)'s The Multiverse 

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Ince played on the right after he signed in Jan, Wisdom joined a month or two earlier, so maybe had a few games with Russell in front, but most with Ince. 

They did play together. But they were wearing red at the time.

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Ince played on the right after he signed in Jan, Wisdom joined a month or two earlier, so maybe had a few games with Russell in front, but most with Ince. 

Lol no he didn't. 

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Your memories playing tricks on you, worked well with Russell maybe?

And Jamie Ward too?

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Whilst I would love to see Wisdom back here - I wouldn't say he would give us much more of a physical presence at the back over Christie. Christie is also taller than Wisdom if that is one of your main criteria for set pieces.

Is it?

Vydra - £8 mill

Anya - £4 mill

Johnson - £7 mill

Ince - £5 mill

Buttefield - £4 mill

Shackell - £3 mill

Christ we even signed Blackman for more than £3 mill.

I don't really think £4 mill is that much these days especially if we see some outgoings.

Two points here:

1. Who's more likely to outmuscle Rudy Gestede for a cross, Christie or Wisdom? Christie is an inch taller than Wisdom, but Wisdom's a lot stronger.

2. I don't think our recent spending is a great basis to go off on heathy transfer fees. But I reckon we'll get him for less than the reported fee, what with add-on's etc.

If there's any chance to get the wiz back in bloody we'll take it, I couldn't give a toss about the fee! Best fullback I've seen play for derby in his short time here, defensively impenetrable and intelligent too. Like a younger Baird, which is exactly what we need on that side to allow ince the freedom to move up front knowing the man behind is solid enough to defend against the winger

3 hours ago, TomInceOnFire said:

giphy.gif

That was about the one and only time he crossed the half way line.

2 hours ago, David said:

Under £2m yes, over no.

Martin Kelly went to Palace for £2m, same age, same "potential" they talked about.

Whilst transfer fees have increased, fair to say Wisdom hasn't put £2m on his fee.

2 years left on his contract.

A lot of 2's in this post, maybe that's a sign, £2m, let's not pay tooooo much.

Brad smith went to bournemouth for a reported £4.5m 

how many games has he played?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/27/bournemouth-sign-liverpool-defender-brad-smith-jordon-ibe-jurgen-klopp

Archived