Rowett on Radio Derby

G STAR RAM

13 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Rowett had nothing to gain by doing that. He couldn't answer any of the questions that really need answering because either he doesn't yet know the answer or the for obvious reasons that he hasn't told the players/CEO etc. He's hardly going to come on the radio and say "Yes I agree with you, such and such is rubbish and I'm going to try and sell him in a fortnight's time". 

So in the 20 minutes I listened to before getting bored and leaving, I learned absolutely nothing. Just batting away any interesting questions with good skill.

It doesn't help that they allow the great unwashed to call in with utterly vacuous "questions" which half the time aren't even questions, just bog standard and bleeding obvious observations. If you've got a manager for an hour, just let a proper journalist give him a good going over rather than allow people to call in and waste five minutes saying how they don't like the centre halves passing to each other.

Post of the week that Vulcan.. they let them vote in referendums too mate. 

My favourite RD caller ever was in big Roger Davies RD days... called in to tell him off for getting sent off v Juventus in 73... LOL... 40 years later.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why some are whining on here regarding GR.

After all GR is here because MM thinks we have failed since he took over the club.

Otherwise Mac 2 would still be in charge and we would still be playing 4-4-3, losing games and going nowhere fast.

It is time for a change and a possible clear out of players - shouldn't we all be backing GR?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm backing GR and his love of Chris Martin! #COYR

It's called PR within the club.

I too am backing GR, I do believe he will get it right at the club, although some might not like the way we might end up playing. All that matters is that he succeeds and he has already said if he is successful here we will be in the premiership. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, toddy said:

After all GR is here because MM thinks we have failed since he took over the club.

Otherwise Mac 2 would still be in charge and we would still be playing 4-4-3, losing games and going nowhere fast.

It is time for a change and a possible clear out of players - shouldn't we all be backing GR?

To be fair, SM2 never played 4-4-3 but those who thought SM2 was a great idea, and probably wouldn’t mind SM3, should be given the space and time to grieve.

10 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I don't think you should take it so personally. I didn't quote or tag you in my original observation. There are lots of posters who have got very negative about the new manager, the team, the chairman. I don't like to see assumptions being made that the whole thing will go to **** 4 months before next season has started, and that's just my opinion. 

Fair enough, you didn't mention me personally in your 1st post, even though you used the exact same words as I, and i was the only poster to use them previously in this thread.

However you did ask in your second if i was the bloke who rang in predicting a relegation fight, so kinda hard not to bite at that, as it was personal.

I hope Gary's a roaring success, I'm just not convinced he'll get the necessary time, and that's a fair position imo, on the evidence so far.

21 minutes ago, ramesses said:

To be fair, SM2 never played 4-4-3 but those who thought SM2 was a great idea, and probably wouldn’t mind SM3, should be given the space and time to grieve.

He might have done even better if he had played 4-4-3, just so long as Scott Carson was still in goal mind

38 minutes ago, toddy said:

To be fair, he probably wouldn't have lost so many games if he'd played a goalkeeper.

28 minutes ago, toddy said:

It's called PR within the club.

I too am backing GR, I do believe he will get it right at the club, although some might not like the way we might end up playing. All that matters is that he succeeds and he has already said if he is successful here we will be in the premiership. :thumbsup:

GR backer here too. However I would take issue with the all that matters is he succeeds (in gaining promotion) For example, I think I'd rather stay where we are than get promoted and play Middlesbrough kind of football in the PL. Look where it's got them and it's as dull as ditchwater.

I think Rowetts got to follow the Saints, Bournemouth Watford models because if he gets us up and tries the Boro model Mel will be saying adios. 

It's alright. All those people that were all over for McClaren for losing a few games will be all over Rowett by Christmas. 

And now, while they're up his bum, they want everyone up his bum. Give it a few months Revel and you'll be a happy clapper because you exist in that middleground of calm realism and they live in the world of extremes. Either Derby are going to smash the league or the club is a laughing stock.

I mean look at the way they talk about McClaren. Too stupid to remember the decades of managers who leave here taking Derby backwards or sideways. 

12 months ago Nigel Pearson was Premier League Champion, no nonsense taking, ninja kung-fu champion, 442 tactical genius and all round good guy. 

"But at Leicester" blah blah blah.

12 games later with barely a decent shot registered, the ball forever 20ft high, never winning except limping past Carlisle and Grimsby and their little heads are confused as fook.

Then McClaren comes in. Takes us on a run that can only be called a fluke I'd imagine. Gets sacked and once again leaves us in a higher position than we were when he arrived. Him? He's a donkey. A complete clown.

Thank God we have Gary Rowett. Who's record at any club isn't as good as Mac 2. Gary Rowett is great though. And if you don't think he's Jesus reborn then it's because you want him to fail and his home to burn down. You hate him more than they hate Pearson now (who was Jesus 12 months ago).

Don't worry about it @reveldevil. I don't think their opinion matters when they've got the mentality of a 12 year old girl at a One Direction concert.

Never ever let facts get in the way of blind enthusiasm or relentless negativity about a member of the Derby County set up. 

I bet Reveldevil is the sort of bloke that likes to take a thin jacket outside on a fine day in April. He could leave the house in his swimming trunks or a full snow suit but nah, there he is, the bellend with a touch of caution.

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's alright. All those people that were all over for McClaren for losing a few games will be all over Rowett by Christmas. 

And now, while they're up his bum, they want everyone up his bum. Give it a few months Revel and you'll be a happy clapper because you exist in that middleground of calm realism and they live in the world of extremes. Either Derby are going to smash the league or the club is a laughing stock.

I mean look at the way they talk about McClaren. Too stupid to remember the decades of managers who leave here taking Derby backwards or sideways. 

12 months ago Nigel Pearson was Premier League Champion, no nonsense taking, ninja kung-fu champion, 442 tactical genius and all round good guy. 

"But at Leicester" blah blah blah.

12 games later with barely a decent shot registered, the ball forever 20ft high, never winning except limping past Carlisle and Grimsby and their little heads are confused as fook.

Then McClaren comes in. Takes us on a run that can only be called a fluke I'd imagine. Gets sacked and once again leaves us in a higher position than we were when he arrived. Him? He's a donkey. A complete clown.

Thank God we have Gary Rowett. Who's record at any club isn't as good as Mac 2. Gary Rowett is great though. And if you don't think he's Jesus reborn then it's because you want him to fail and his home to burn down. You hate him more than they hate Pearson now (who was Jesus 12 months ago).

Don't worry about it @reveldevil. I don't think their opinion matters when they've got the mentality of a 12 year old girl at a One Direction concert.

Never ever let facts get in the way of blind enthusiasm or relentless negativity about a member of the Derby County set up. 

I bet Reveldevil is the sort of bloke that likes to take a thin jacket outside on a fine day in April. He could leave the house in his swimming trunks or a full snow suit but nah, there he is, the bellend with a touch of caution.

In fairness, i don't think @Ewe Ram fits the category above, I can't remember ever reading anything from them i massively disagreed with in the past, just a case of crossed wires perhaps?

Thanks for the defence though, I'd be concerned that you called me a bellend, but we've met so you're probably a decent judge of character!

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Seem to remember Carson digging McClarens mk11 team out more than once 

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, cheers Carson for saving shots. 

We don't need you now mate.

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yea didn't do too well at Sheffield  Saturday .

Get rid .

I think you are missing the point lads.

The original post about the goalkeeper was making an obscure reference to the fact that if schteve had played 443 then he couldn't have been playing a goalkeeper.

it wasn't a dig at carson. 

Do keep up.

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The original post about the goalkeeper was making an obscure reference to the fact that if schteve had played 443 then he couldn't have been playing a goalkeeper.

Do keep up.

I knew that mate I nearly pointed it out to Toddy but he gets enough stick lol  .

It was a 4-4-3 system without the goalie  .

I am  just using it to be sarcastic .

Carson has done well this season was he Paul Clements first signing  !

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Do keep up.

I didn't look that far back.

I just saw curtains saying Carson dug Mac out a few times by making saves.

Which is his job

And I'm sure he'll dig Rowett out a few times too.

Archived