Rowett on Radio Derby

G STAR RAM

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, curtains said:

2nd Sheffield goal Carson didn't do great 

Yeah, because he knows now Rowett is here he isn't needed to dig anyone out.

What do you want him to do? Make a save and have someone on a forum saying "Carson dug Rowett out in Sheffield"?

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, because he knows now Rowett is here he isn't needed to dig anyone out.

What do you want him to do? Make a save and have someone on a forum saying "Carson dug Rowett out in Sheffield"?

Blimey Alpha what's wrong .

38 minutes ago, curtains said:

Blimey Alpha what's wrong .

Fed up of seeing people avoid facts, contradict themselves and angle stuff to suit their agenda.

Imo if you aim something at one man then you should aim it at all of them.

If you get two CV's in your hand you don't look at the positives of one and the negatives of the other. 

Too much one rule for one and one for another.

I really like Rowett. And in spells some of the football has been very good. In spells McClaren's football was good. I remember a couple of Nigel Clough games that were as exciting as anything McClaren produced. 

I don't just rewrite history like some and call Clough a donkey because we have the brilliant McClaren. Now he's a clown and all problems will be solved by Clement. He's rubbish, here's Nigel "but at Leicester" Pearson. Pearson? He's the worst manager ever. It's all about McClaren saving us from relegation. Wow, McClaren can't even get us in the top 6. Here's our Gary, he once won the Champions League with Birmingham...

And this goes through everything. I'll moan on..

We lost a game to Brentford and the players didn't care, need a clear out. Terrible effort in a 4-0 defeat. We then play poor v Birmingham and "we battled on right to the end." What? How can it change that dramatically. It can't be both. I can accept our players confidence and game management is dodgy but not to jump to extremes like that. From turning up for the money to battling to the end?

Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield, Tom Ince. Great signings. No, now they're crap. Bryson should be playing. Now he's crap. We should have bought Lansbury. Actually I mean Hourihane. Wait, Bradley Johnson isn't the worst player ever, he's alright actually.

433 is our problem. Thank God Pearson is more flexible. Actually 442 doesn't work. Why has Mac left out Shackell!!? OK so 433 has held us back for 3 years. Before that we were top of the league with all the other formations. Here's Gary with proper formations. Yes, I know hes playing 433 on occasion and he left out an in form Vydra but it's OK until he loses a few and then I'll mention it everyday until the end of time.

That's what's got me moaning like a star. Harsh judgments that are only applied when it suits. People who bounce from one extreme to the other who then moan at others about their skepticism. 

I'm not ranting about views different to my own. It's just like constantly being trolled by some people who want to ignore facts and make hero's and zero's overnight. 

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Fair enough, you didn't mention me personally in your 1st post, even though you used the exact same words as I, and i was the only poster to use them previously in this thread.

However you did ask in your second if i was the bloke who rang in predicting a relegation fight, so kinda hard not to bite at that, as it was personal.

I hope Gary's a roaring success, I'm just not convinced he'll get the necessary time, and that's a fair position imo, on the evidence so far.

I apologise, I really didn't mean to single you out  

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

In fairness, i don't think @Ewe Ram fits the category above, I can't remember ever reading anything from them i massively disagreed with in the past, just a case of crossed wires perhaps?

Thanks for the defence though, I'd be concerned that you called me a bellend, but we've met so you're probably a decent judge of character!

I can't be bothered to read all the post but if I'm being accused of having the mentality of a 12 year old I find that unnecessarily rude. No wonder I don't post much 

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Fed up of seeing people avoid facts, contradict themselves and angle stuff to suit their agenda.

If you get two CV's in your hand you don't look at the positives of one and the negatives of the other. 

I really like Rowett. And in spells some of the football has been very good. In spells McClaren's football was good. I remember a couple of Nigel Clough games that were as exciting as anything McClaren produced. 

I don't just rewrite history like some and call Clough a donkey because we have the brilliant McClaren. Now he's a clown and all problems will be solved by Clement. He's rubbish, here's Nigel "but at Leicester" Pearson. Pearson? He's the worst manager ever. It's all about McClaren saving us from relegation. Wow, McClaren can't even get us in the top 6. Here's our Gary, he once won the Champions League with Birmingham...

We lost a game to Brentford and the players didn't care, need a clear out. Terrible effort in a 4-0 defeat. We then play poor v Birmingham and "we battled on right to the end." What? How can it change that dramatically. It can't be both. I can accept our players confidence and game management is dodgy but not to jump to extremes like that. 

Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield, Tom Ince. Great signings. No, now they're crap. Bryson should be playing. Now he's crap. We should have bought Lansbury. Actually I mean Hourihane. Wait, Bradley Johnson isn't the worst player ever, he's alright actually.

433 is our problem. Thank God Pearson is more flexible. Actually 442 doesn't work. Why has Mac left out Shackell!!? OK so 433 has held us back for 3 years. Before that we were top of the league with all the other formations. Here's Gary with proper formations. Yes, I know hes playing 433 on occasion and he left out an in form Vydra but it's OK until he loses a few and then I'll mention it everyday until the end of time.

That's what's got me moaning like a star. Harsh judgments that are only applied when it suits. People who bounce from one extreme to the other who then moan at others about their skepticism. 

I'm not ranting about views different to my own. It's just like constantly being trolled by some people who want to ignore facts and make hero's and zero's overnight. 

But mate for whatever reason the team have not consistently performed this season .

Now people will have different views as to why and that's fair enough. 

Regarding Pearson and McClaren they have now gone for whatever reason but this is a forum and not everyone is going to agree with each other and extremes in views will happen. 

I don't disagree with all of the views you put across but to be honest non of us on this forum will make much difference to what happens at DCFC as it's just an individuals opinion. 

There are fine lines between success and failure as we all know and each manager will have his own style and I get that you didn't think McClaren had a fair deal this time around but we are in the Rowett era now and that's it really. 

Rowett as any manager will stand or fall by results as Football is a results game. 

PS.  Rowett will have to assess players like Keogh and Pearce and Shackell and Ince and Carson etc etc as that's his and the backroom teams job. 

The task at Derby whoever is manager will be difficult as mistakes have been made. 

3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I can't be bothered to read all the post but if I'm being accused of having the mentality of a 12 year old I find that unnecessarily rude. No wonder I don't post much 

It wasn't aimed at you specifically. I think I did what you did to reveldevil. Took frustration with a few other posters and let it out at the first thing I took issue with

Post freely. Please

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We lost a game to Brentford and the players didn't care, need a clear out. Terrible effort in a 4-0 defeat. We then play poor v Birmingham and "we battled on right to the end." What? How can it change that dramatically. It can't be both. I can accept our players confidence and game management is dodgy but not to jump to extremes like that. From turning up for the money to battling to the end?

We only deal in extremes and it is becoming worse. As seasons go, this is still one of Derby's better ones in the last 20 years. Maybe people have just become like the press, whatever suits your agenda.

There always was one "mate" who always changed their mind, but usually there was just one in a discussion, now you have hundreds round a huge table in the pub. It all becomes chaos.

5 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I did that once...got banned. :(

Yeah, I can see how people do fire insults out. Usually when someone gets a warning/ban I think "it's the Internet, don't get worked up. Turn it off and enjoy the forum tomorrow" 

Different when you only come on to browse but already feel like kicking the dog. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, I can see how people do fire insults out. Usually when someone gets a warning/ban I think "it's the Internet, don't get worked up. Turn it off and enjoy the forum tomorrow" 

Different when you only come on to browse but already feel like kicking the dog. 

Relax mate we all think you have good opinions so don't worry about it. 

We all think we are right but clearly we can't all agree all of the time. 

27 minutes ago, Alpha said:

But is that not just football fans.. Rugby fans.. Hockey fans.. Sports fans..

imotive bunch we are.

26 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Tip 

Never post on dcfcfans when in a bad mood

I've got on my own nerves now. 

G'night. x

Hey we have all been there mate, if you ever need to talk we are all here. We all may not always agree but we are the Derby family to support each other through thick and thin, through the good times and bad.

Archived