Rowett on Radio Derby

G STAR RAM

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, europia said:

You didn't miss much. Usual round of daft questions met by responses unlikely to enlighten anyone. 

I thought it was mostly interesting to hear what Rowett had to say. Obviously he couldn't be too specific but he did talk about squad size and 'churn'. About Martin and Hughes and Thorne. About his 'philosophy' on the game.

Worth watching or listening. The Facebook link is above in this thread - don't need to watch it on FB btw.

2 minutes ago, europia said:

You didn't miss much. Usual round of daft questions met by responses unlikely to enlighten anyone. 

Did anyone who has been watching the team since 1884 ring up to say they are thinking of not renewing their season ticket?

27 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Before I click play, does Ramage start being a hypocritical totally inaccurate negative whinger like normal? 

Whenever he speaks I hear the same noise as when the kids are in a toy shop. Buzzzzzzzzzzzz

He's does a bit, but there's some brown-nosing going on to. It's worth a watch and you can fast forward some bits! ;)

27 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Before I click play, does Ramage start being a hypocritical totally inaccurate negative whinger like normal? 

Whenever he speaks I hear the same noise as when the kids are in a toy shop. Buzzzzzzzzzzzz

It's when he keeps sayin football team football pitch football shirt football club over and over again that drives me mad like a broken bleeding record why I've stopped listening to him.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Before I click play, does Ramage start being a hypocritical totally inaccurate negative whinger like normal? 

The biggest thing I took from it was that Ramage was chatting pure ****.

I liked when he said Butterfield and Bryson were too like for like as are Ince and Johnny.

I'll don my tin hat, and say for me Rowett came across as a better mannered version of Nigel Pearson.

All pace, power and what we would do without the ball, rather than with it.

Happily referencing Burnley and Boro as how to get out of the division, neglecting to mention Bournemouth and Watford a couple of seasons back, who've managed to not come straight back down, unlike the other two (matter of time for the smoggies).

If i was a betting man, I'd give him until November.

I hate to be negative, and would love to be wrong, but i think the steps back to progress will be the undoing of him.

Feel free to bookmark!

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'll don my tin hat, and say for me Rowett came across as a better mannered version of Nigel Pearson.

All pace, power and what we would do without the ball, rather than with it.

Happily referencing Burnley and Boro as how to get out of the division, neglecting to mention Bournemouth and Watford a couple of seasons back, who've managed to not come straight back down, unlike the other two (matter of time for the smoggies).

If i was a betting man, I'd give him until November.

I hate to be negative, and would love to be wrong, but i think the steps back to progress will be the undoing of him.

Feel free to bookmark!

If he were coming in last summer I think he'd go the way of Pearson.

We've already made some of the steps backwards, he's come in earlier and is looking to make the changes earlier.

I get where you're coming from though. The difference is it's Rowett's direction to set now.  

Archived