Players playing for their futures

ReyDCFC

16 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Christie out of contract in the summer as well. Think next weekend will be the last time we see him in a Derby shirt after recent performances. 

No he's not, his contract still has another year to run. Worse luck.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Interesting  interview with GR

shakes his head when asked if its possible to change players so that we perform better out of possession?

1 hour ago, DerbyMark said:

All of 'em are in my book.

I don't want Keogh as our captain anymore... I don't want him as our player.. sorry.

Don't care who leaves in summer.

I'm fast falling out of love with this club.

It all feels a bit crap at the moment. We dont have any heroes at the club. Just a lot of mediocre players who dont have the right amount of fight in them.

I am going to watch the championship show with an air of detachment tonight and probably will be very pissed at the end of the night.......but I am going to keep the faith and hope that things improve

44 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

All of 'em are in my book.

I don't want Keogh as our captain anymore... I don't want him as our player.. sorry.

Don't care who leaves in summer.

I'm fast falling out of love with this club.

Wow.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Losing is hard but behind every success lies a few failures.

We have changed the manager but we always knew we also had to change players and player mentality too.

I am actually pleased that Rowett has seen the weaker version of Derby County so he can rebuild.

For too long we have believed we had a top team

Tables don't lie.

44 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Wow.

I'm sorry to hear that.

We have changed the manager but we always knew we also had to change players and player mentality too.

I am actually pleased that Rowett has seen the weaker version of Derby County so he can rebuild.

Tables don't lie.

The thing is now he has seen it will he act on it. 

Players like Keogh and Russell are not good enough for us if we want to push forward. They both seem like nice individuals but we cant be sentimental if we want to improve. Those two are just examples there are more to add to that. 

Fresh start is needed. 

On 4/21/2017 at 23:28, BathRam72 said:

As a young boy at school, a few guys stood out as the athletes, football players and rugby players amongst the average youth. After a couple of years the rest either caught up or those talents peaked. Now let's look at Hughes.   At 17 a bright prospect.  At 18 an excellent player, 19 also. Move on and after injury he looks decidedly average.  Maybe he has peaked or lost a little confidence.  I like the lad but let's face it most of you are living in the past. Something needs to change. Either GR sees something and develops him or we accept he really isn't the player we thought he might be. Sorry just my opinion and happy to be shot down

young players sometime have a dip in form IMO too early to tell with Will  changing style to please various bosses cant help

Playing for places for next season mentioned a few time  on RD today and now here

Must be my age but i cant grasp this at all

If a player can raise his game because hes under threat does this mean he hasnt been giving 100pc previously?

GR will already know in his own mind who will go and who will stay.I have a feeling we will see the end of flair players at the club( i hope im wrong)

I think it means that there will be fewer places for the creative lightweights

butterfield, hughes, vydra and ince may be competing for just one place.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Wow.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Tables don't lie.

Well for a period of time we did.

Sadly whats happened is we have spent money and its hard to think who we have bought who has improved the team.

I dont count Thorne as he was part of the play off team, so for me the only players that we can argue have added any extra quality to the team are ince and carson, and thats stretching it.

I know we have reasons for some of the buys we made, butterfield and johnson were necessary due to long term injuries, likewise olsson, but still none of them are as good as what we had.

How many people who have preferred bucko in defence this season than pearce or shackell? Quite a few i think. I think we know most would prefer martin up front than bent, vydra, maybe nugent is a decent addition. Lets not even start on the Blackman signing. I dare bet a lot would vote for Ward over ince because of his effort.

We continually try and play with a holding midfielder and johnson has done ok, but we have never solved this what if thorne is injured issue.

If the players are playing for their futures they dont seem to be making much of a fist of it.

Im normaly quite positive, but feel disillusioned right now, i would swop cloughs last season for this one any day, only because i at least felt we were going in the right direction albeit slowly...now i have no idea what direction we are going in.

This talk of mediocre players is subjective.  All players in this division are largely mediocre players on that basis.

It's all about getting the right blend that compliment each other, highlighting each other's strengths and covering each other's weaknesses. Do that and you might find players that look like they're worth paying millions for...

I was going to start a thread this morning called How Do You Feel Today ? Inspired by something @MrsRam posted last night.

In her post, she mentioned holding on to some players as a kind of comfort blanket thing and I thought, yeah, you could be right there.

This made me feel a bit sad and disloyal because I feel if we don't shift players on who I like as blokes and have served us well in the past we're just in for more of the same as we've endured this season but I fear we may be turned into a more methodical side as opposed to an entertaining incisive one which I'd prefer.

Of course, I may be doing Rowett a massive disservice there as what happens between now and next season is all conjecture, but this morning I'm a bit down in the dumps regarding the club and I just wondered if anyone else was the same or indeed optimistic ?

25 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

In her post, she mentioned holding on to some players as a kind of comfort blanket thing and I thought, yeah, you could be right there.

This made me feel a bit sad and disloyal because I feel if we don't shift players on who I like as blokes and have served us well in the past we're just in for more of the same as we've endured this season...

I know what you mean (I think), players like Buxton and Ward who were seen as whole-hearted players but just not quite good enough for where we wanted to go (supposedly). But who of our current squad would you say MrsRams's sentiment applied to? I can only think of Keogh, maybe and I'd pay his busfare happily!?

I feel a bit sad as it feels like the end of an era. I have my own opinions on who should go versus who should stay but they are not set in stone and we clearly need to get some more controlled aggression introduced into this team - it can't all be pretty ball play. So someone I like is bound to be on their way; I think we've just got to accept that if we want to win more games.

On the footballing side I am not totally resigned to playing like Burnley! Under Rowett so far the times we have been on top in games we have still played with a quick but attractive passing style (mainly let down by our poor finishing). 

So we might get less of it per game, but we will hopefully still see that next year - but with the more clinical finishing that I  feel Martin (or a new other if toddy is right after all!) will bring to the team.

What I am also hopeful of is a much more aggressive style when we haven't got the ball, pressing and harrying the opposition in all areas of the pitch. It's a long while since I haven't been nervous when the othere side has the ball and this is because I always expect them to score. Ironic when our defensive record is pretty good but we have also regularly let in soft goals at key points in games.

To answer your question @EastHertsRam, I am cautiously optimistic that we can get better without completely sacrificing good football. We will soon see!

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I feel a bit sad as it feels like the end of an era. ......

To answer your question @EastHertsRam, I am cautiously optimistic that we can get better without completely sacrificing good football. We will soon see!

Thinking back about it I think the end of the era happened when Mac 1 left and Clement changed our style of play, we've never really recovered from that change. We've neither got back to where we were with Mac nor gone forwards either. So I guess I'm not sad because it should have happened sooner. We need to get out of limbo.

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know what you mean (I think), players like Buxton and Ward who were seen as whole-hearted players but just not quite good enough for where we wanted to go (supposedly). But who of our current squad would you say MrsRams's sentiment applied to? I can only think of Keogh, maybe and I'd pay his busfare happily!?

I can't speak (or type) for MrsRam but I'm thinking Russell, Keogh, Shackell, Pearce, Christie, Bryson, Olsson, not including Blackman as he's hardly played but I'd be thanking him for his effort and wishing him well in the future, Camara the same.

The jury is out on a couple of others and I understand some might be shaking their heads in disbelief I've got a whole back four in there and it would be damn near impossible a) to shift them all, and b) find better, younger, affordable replacements.

This morning I just feel Rowett has the problem of teaching old dogs new tricks as far as our defence is concerned and he'd be better off starting from scratch with new personal. 

Don't forget I've the hump this morning and a lot of the above is probably tripe. ;)

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

I was going to start a thread this morning called How Do You Feel Today ? Inspired by something @MrsRam posted last night.

This made me feel a bit sad and disloyal because I feel if we don't shift players on who I like as blokes and have served us well in the past we're just in for more of the same as we've endured this season but I fear we may be turned into a more methodical side as opposed to an entertaining incisive one which I'd prefer.

Of course, I may be doing Rowett a massive disservice there as what happens between now and next season is all conjecture, but this morning I'm a bit down in the dumps regarding the club and I just wondered if anyone else was the same or indeed optimistic ?

Same here....bit down in the dumps about it and not particularly looking forward to the remaining two games.

Not sure if I am optimistic or pessimistic because there are lots of questions that cannot be answered at the moment....what players will be shifted out? Will we find buyers for them? Will they be sold at a loss?, Will there be much money available for new players?. Will the clubs scouting be better than over the last two years? Will we be playing attractive football and will the buzz, excitement and sense of anticipation come back?

Not sure the need to be down in the dumps. Rowett strikes me as someone who wants the same kind of values in his players as Clough did, only that I believe Rowett is more ambitious and positive in his play.

Yes, we have had an insane and embarrassing managerial turn over this season but how many players have dragged us through games?

I look forward to Rowett creating his own team. My only concern for next season is if Mel pulls the trigger too early again.

Archived