Players playing for their futures

ReyDCFC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, ReyDCFC said:

From what we have seen since the appointment of GR, Which players are now playing for their futures and who is most at risk to be sold? 

Which players are playing for their futures? Who is at most risk? The answer to both questions is all of them.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well if Baird is getting another year you think Christie might be nervous?

Well every positions aren't 100% guranateed so Cyrus Christie know he got to keep battling to leave Baird out if he want to retain RB spot. I hope Baird starts at CB on Saturday over Alex Pearce. 

I'm a little disappointed that GR didn't experiment with players in the last game and, from his comments today, appears not to be experimenting in this game either. Was hoping he'd give players like Bennett, Elsnik etc a go once we couldn't make play-offs

20 minutes ago, feisty said:

I'm a little disappointed that GR didn't experiment with players in the last game and, from his comments today, appears not to be experimenting in this game either. Was hoping he'd give players like Bennett, Elsnik etc a go once we couldn't make play-offs

Maybe he's now unsure of his choices for getting rid of? He did say something about how seeing them in person made some difference (or something similar). Maybe he wants to be sure about who he's wanting to get rid of from the current squad?

1 hour ago, feisty said:

It would be pretty unfair to the rest of the league to chuck some kids in against Huddersfield and Sheff Wed when they're both still competing for top 2 and playoffs.  Wolves and Rotherham (and us) will have nothing to play for, so I suspect any radical experimenting will happen in those 2 games.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

It would be pretty unfair to the rest of the league to chuck some kids in against Huddersfield and Sheff Wed when they're both still competing for top 2 and playoffs.  Wolves and Rotherham (and us) will have nothing to play for, so I suspect any radical experimenting will happen in those 2 games.

It would be unfair, but seeing as one of them's Fulham, **** it!

7 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he cashed in on Hughes and Ince 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ince go for big money (maybe the Geordies fancy him?), I'd like to think Hughes is very much in GR's plans and I sincerely hope Bent isn't.

I think Ince will be sold, everyone who says he is the only positive this season, we have failed this season so no one is safe.

Hughes, like Hendrick, needs the move away to further his career and we could do with the dosh.

20 million plus for the two should give enough cash to get a player capable of replicating what Ince can do, plus buy a player to boss the midfield.

5 hours ago, feisty said:

I suppose he sees enough during the week to make a better decision than we can in our 90 mins

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Great idea, sell our 2 best players so we can buy 5 mediocre players. It's the Derby way!

Derby havent been a selling club for years.
If they had performed like our best players consistantly we wouldnt be having this conversation.

I fully expect Rowett to buy good players to help balance the team.

So thats 3 points your talking $hite on.

3 hours ago, Ram79 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he cashed in on Hughes and Ince 

I do expect at least one of them to go if the money is right because we do need to raise funds to finance the FFP scenario for the new players which are probably wanted

As a young boy at school, a few guys stood out as the athletes, football players and rugby players amongst the average youth. After a couple of years the rest either caught up or those talents peaked. Now let's look at Hughes.   At 17 a bright prospect.  At 18 an excellent player, 19 also. Move on and after injury he looks decidedly average.  Maybe he has peaked or lost a little confidence.  I like the lad but let's face it most of you are living in the past. Something needs to change. Either GR sees something and develops him or we accept he really isn't the player we thought he might be. Sorry just my opinion and happy to be shot down

Archived