Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just a minor point. If a foul is committed, like it was on Jerome for the penalty that never was, it doesn't matter what the fouled player does after the foul, it is irrelevant as the foul has been committed first. He could do a back flip, somersault it doesn't matter. Contact was made, it was a foul and it was a penalty. Comments from these commentators about players going down too easily compound this misconception of the rules.....

It’s a very English thing anyway, Proper Football Men® think it’s dishonest to go down easily when there’s contact when really it’s stupid to stay up if you feel legitimate contact in the box. Get your team the penalty, always.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just a minor point. If a foul is committed, like it was on Jerome for the penalty that never was, it doesn't matter what the fouled player does after the foul, it is irrelevant as the foul has been committed first. He could do a back flip, somersault it doesn't matter. Contact was made, it was a foul and it was a penalty. Comments from these commentators about players going down too easily compound this misconception of the rules.....

I totally agree Jimbo, the offence was committed and what the fouled player does afterwards is irrelevant.  Lets face it, the ref bottled it and was jumping on the Premier League Ref band wagon and not giving the correct decision and just flashing a card instead, the spineless t**t!

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Refs can’t have it both ways. Earlier when being wrestled, he stayed on his feet and the ref does nothing. Second time he exaggerates the contact to help the ref spot the misdemeanour and the ref still does nothing. 

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

That’s the simple approach, which technically should be correct. But there has been many examples this year across the leagues of players not gettimg head ‘clear’ penalties. I think there’s a real thing with refs of stopping players ‘look’ for penalties, ie is Jerome looking for contact? There was a ‘clear’ pen for Sheff W against us at PP when Forsyth shoves Fletcher in the back, but was Fletcher looking for it?

Its all down to interpretation and if you look over a season we’ve had plenty go our way. To be honest I’m more annoyed by that corner decision in the 1st half which spoilt any momentum we had at that time 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

That refeering decision arguably cost us promotion that season, fear this one may do the same. It’s a great shame when you perform so well all season only to be ******* over by some complete ***** who wants to make a name for himself.

If we don’t go up it won’t be because we didn’t get a penalty (we’ve already seemed to have scored) against Bristol City.

Poor finishing cost us more than anything. That was in our control and we didn’t execute it very well. 

Thrilled that Martin has gone with the squad on the warm weather training trip. I guess it means:

1. Martin sees his future with Derby and wants to force his way back into Rowett's plans; or
  2. He knows he's leaving but didn't want to miss out on a nice trip away and it's the perfect opportunity to say goodbye to his teammates

I still think there's a role for him and hope it's option 1.

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Just a thought, but what would have been the reaction on here had CM exaggerated a fall like Cameron Jerome did last night? Thoughts anybody?

Thought exactly the same. But I couldn't be arsed with the bother for asking the question.

6 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

To be honest I think we just needed something a bit different. Watching the first half back last night, Nugent got most joy when he got his foot on the ball and brought others into play. Think we need more of that than the overplaying of flicks, hopeful one touch passing a to break teams down. Feel like the attacking options are going to be very ‘kick and run’, especially when Vydra is off his game. I think to be honest we only created one ‘clear cut’ chance and that was Vydra in the second half

Don’t get me wrong that something different may eventually be Jerome, and also the ‘kick and run’ thing might come from Lawrence and Vydra still not quite kicking, but yeah...just how I see it I guess.

Folk used to complain that MacClaren had no plan B .Rowett and some on here  talk about the options available from our 4 favoured forwards but in reality whilst they are different players, the way they are used means nothing much changes . When the 3 changes were made last night it didn't change much at all. I am not sure whether it was wrong to use Jerome who can hardly have done much training with the squad as yet. But it developed  into hoof ball pretty quickly after the changes were made.

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Just a minor point. If a foul is committed, like it was on Jerome for the penalty that never was, it doesn't matter what the fouled player does after the foul...Contact was made, it was a foul and it was a penalty.

I agree contact was made, but was it a foul? That is the point. Did Jerome exaggerate the effect of the contact? Football is a contact sport afterall.

6 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

To be honest I think we just needed something a bit different...Think we need more of that than the overplaying of flicks, hopeful one touch passing a to break teams down...

I agree. Lets hope Rowett sees that, and basically Nugent, Jerome and Winnall are similar players fighting for one spot.

5 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Folk used to complain that MacClaren had no plan B .Rowett and some on here  talk about the options available from our 4 favoured forwards but in reality whilst they are different players, the way they are used means nothing much changes . When the 3 changes were made last night it didn't change much at all. I am not sure whether it was wrong to use Jerome who can hardly have done much training with the squad as yet. But it developed  into hoof ball pretty quickly after the changes were made.

:rolleyes:

So plan A, direct football, changed to plan B, hoof behind the defenders and let Jerome wrestle.

Huge change in tactics which you saw too, but at the same time are reluctant to admit?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree. Lets hope Rowett sees that, and basically Nugent, Jerome and Winnall are similar players fighting for one spot.

I can't see him realising that,he's had half a season to use Martin and develop a plan b and hasnt.

Gr has one way of going about things.......he's a very conservative manager at heart and despite bringing  Jerome in as an option,I agree he's just bought in Nugent 3.

That's fine but I'm just don't why he has done it and why he is viewed as some kind of alternative!?

Archived