Nick Blackman Plans

JaguarRam

6 hours ago, toddy said:

I would have thought GR would  want to see him play in one of the systems that GR wants us to adapt before off loading him.

You never know he might become our main threat  next season?

TBF injury and lack of confidence have blighted his career with us so far.

Yes it's not exactly been a pillar of stability at DCFC since Blackman arrived. Would have thought that he is more of a Rowett type player than Chris Martin, who can only play in the 4-3-3 system. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, europia said:

Yes it's not exactly been a pillar of stability at DCFC since Blackman arrived. Would have thought that he is more of a Rowett type player than Chris Martin, who can only play in the 4-3-3 system. 

Ha ha! You didn't listen to GR on RD tonight then?! He reckons Martin should also be able to play the no.10 role (as well as 9 obviously). Plus when listing strikers he didn't mention Blackman until a question about Thorne's injury progress. Then he talked about players coming back from injury and mentioned Blackman and Shackell in passing!

23 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ha ha! You didn't listen to GR on RD tonight then?! He reckons Martin should also be able to play the no.10 role (as well as 9 obviously). Plus when listing strikers he didn't mention Blackman until a question about Thorne's injury progress. Then he talked about players coming back from injury and mentioned Blackman and Shackell in passing!

Be interesting to see how many games CM plays in the number 10 role next season then. Seems a lot of supporters are again pinning their hopes on Martin leading the Rams to success. 

On 24/04/2017 at 20:00, europia said:

In terms of size,pace and workrate you would think he would fit the bill for Rowett.

Ability wise he hasn't approached Martin.

NB still deserves a chance though.

7 minutes ago, europia said:

Be interesting to see how many games CM plays in the number 10 role next season then. Seems a lot of supporters are again pinning their hopes on Martin leading the Rams to success. 

What will be interesting is how many appearances he makes, irrespective of whether it's as a No.10 or 9. Each time he takes the field it will be like a knife through the heart of the Martin haters.

17 minutes ago, europia said:

I bet its more than Blackman, or the same if Martin doesn't come back! :D

On 4/24/2017 at 08:09, RoyMac5 said:

When Blackman proves himself to be the quality of footballer Baird is then by all means come on here and lambast us. Until then I will stick with my opinion that he pretty average at best.

you miss my point i am not saying how good he is .I am pointing out whatever he doesnt pick the team he didnt sign himself if he is crap he isnt the ine you should be moaning about its whoever signed him #

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

you miss my point i am not saying how good he is .I am pointing out whatever he doesnt pick the team he didnt sign himself if he is crap he isnt the ine you should be moaning about its whoever signed him #

Yeah I get that he didn't ask to be signed for however much on whatever wages, but that's not to say he couldn't do more. We've had lots of crap players and some of them endear themselves to the fans by making the best of what they are. Does Blackman?

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah I get that he didn't ask to be signed for however much on whatever wages, but that's not to say he couldn't do more. We've had lots of crap players and some of them endear themselves to the fans by making the best of what they are. Does Blackman?

i dont know m8 and neither do you until if and when he gets a run of 6 matches playing in his preferred position.Regardless of the school of thought that a pro should be able to play in any position look at Will when theyeve played him in a holding/defending roll can you imagine Ince doing brysons job Plus the cry that went out when Fozzy got injured folk saying wwe hadnt got cover

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But he's not good enough to play there as first choice at Derby.

Have you ever actually seen him play the number 10 role? but obviously i bow to your football knowledge that obviously is better then all the managers who have actually signed him

3 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Have you ever actually seen him play the number 10 role? but obviously i bow to your football knowledge that obviously is better then all the managers who have actually signed him

All those managers - I know he's been injured - but what do they know that you don't do you mean? Look if he's any good he'll get a chance. So far he hasn't.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I'm interested to know, how many appearances do you have to make before its considered you've been "given a chance"?

A very fair point and he probably has had enough to show a lot more on the pitch than he has.

I mean a chance under Rowett when he is fully fit.

On 4/25/2017 at 20:11, Wolfie20 said:

What will be interesting is how many appearances he makes, irrespective of whether it's as a No.10 or 9. Each time he takes the field it will be like a knife through the heart of the Martin haters.

I think there is a misconception here. It's more a case that people feel that the club should look beyond Chris Martin for future success. That doesn't mean that they hate the guy. I certainly don't have any dislike for the guy, but nor do I understand the obsession with him returning to the club. 

40 minutes ago, europia said:

...but nor do I understand the obsession with him returning to the club. 

One of our best strikers for goodness knows how long, one of the Championships top strikers (except this season, just for toddy!) and you don't know why there's an obsession with wanting him back? Righteo.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

One of our best strikers for goodness knows how long, one of the Championships top strikers (except this season, just for toddy!) and you don't know why there's an obsession with wanting him back? Righteo.

Over the seasons I have followed DCFC, there have been many decent players that have left the club for one reason or another. I just don't tend to dwell on it. Righteo.

Archived