The last 5 games - Play off hope?

RamsPolls

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2017 at 09:28, RamsPolls said:

We have a very slim chance of making the play offs after Sheffield's win against Newcastle. However it's not impossible. 

Here's my prediction for the end of the season :D.

Derby County's fixtures -

Brentford (a) - 1-0 Win - Nugent Goalscorer 

We have found ways to win without looking overly impressive in our performances. Whether that's because we have the "New manager" syndrome is yet to be seen. However, Brentford will be a very tough game and I think we will have to fight for this one. We'll scrape a 1-0 thanks to a good finish from Nugent.

Huddersfield (h) - 2-1 Win - Ince & Nugent Goals.

A very different opponent to Brentford. If played these 2 months ago, I would have said a loss due to the way Wagner has them playing. However in recent games, I think they have shown their frailties. Losing to both Burton & Forest shows that they are easily beatable if you play the game the right way. I think we'll go infront early, concede before HT. Then score around the 79th minute to see the game out.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 1-1 Draw - Ince Goal.

The grudge match, at this point in the month, we will know more about whether we will be in the play off battle or not. If we are, I can see a very cagey match between two good sides full of quality. They are very good at home, however Reading have shown that again, If you play the game correctly we can go there and win. However I think it'll be a draw with Ince bagging a late goal to salvage a point. 

Wolves (h) - 3-0 Win - Ince, Nugent & Vydra Goals.

We love playing Wolves. We always score goals against them. This won't be much different. Think it'll be a master class performance to take us within 2 points of the play offs. Ince, Nugent & Vydra all scoring good goals early and seeing the game out in the later stages. 

Rotherham (a) - 2-0 Win - Nugent x 2 Goals.

A very poor game, Rotherham well and truly relegated. At this point, We will know whether or not we can make the play offs. I hope that on the final day, Fulham & Sheffield Wednesday draw. A point a piece for them both could open the door for us. 

Final Points tally - 77 points.

Sheffield Wednesday Fixtures -

Cardiff (h) - Win 

QPR (a) - Lose

Derby County (h) - Draw

Ipswich (a) - Lose

Fulham (h) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 76

Fulham Fixtures -

Norwich (a) - Lose

Aston Villa (h) - Win

Huddersfield (a) - Lose

Brentford (h) - Lose

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 71

End of season table -

6th - Derby County - 77 Points

7th - Sheffield Wednesday - 76 Points 

8th - Fulham - 71 Points

I might be a bit biased towards the Rams but I think we have the easiest run in of the 3 teams, We also have the momentum.

COYR!

Wayne Rooney sums it up with a race horse name he tried to register: the name was  "Norfolk an' chance." :mellow:

I think that we are even having this conversation is fantastic after all the swapping and changing this season , pearson was a disaster ,Mac after a great start , never truly convinced anyone he could see the job through , now we move on to Gary Rowett , with the injured players on the way back , the return of Chris Martin and a few tweaks hereand there in the squad , next season is looking potentially good for us , take whats coming this season and then come August everyone get behind the club and it could be promotion we are discussing this time next season. Gary Rowetts barmy army

PistoldPete2
On 11 April 2017 at 09:28, RamsPolls said:

We have a very slim chance of making the play offs after Sheffield's win against Newcastle. However it's not impossible. 

Here's my prediction for the end of the season :D.

Derby County's fixtures -

Brentford (a) - 1-0 Win - Nugent Goalscorer 

We have found ways to win without looking overly impressive in our performances. Whether that's because we have the "New manager" syndrome is yet to be seen. However, Brentford will be a very tough game and I think we will have to fight for this one. We'll scrape a 1-0 thanks to a good finish from Nugent.

Huddersfield (h) - 2-1 Win - Ince & Nugent Goals.

A very different opponent to Brentford. If played these 2 months ago, I would have said a loss due to the way Wagner has them playing. However in recent games, I think they have shown their frailties. Losing to both Burton & Forest shows that they are easily beatable if you play the game the right way. I think we'll go infront early, concede before HT. Then score around the 79th minute to see the game out.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 1-1 Draw - Ince Goal.

The grudge match, at this point in the month, we will know more about whether we will be in the play off battle or not. If we are, I can see a very cagey match between two good sides full of quality. They are very good at home, however Reading have shown that again, If you play the game correctly we can go there and win. However I think it'll be a draw with Ince bagging a late goal to salvage a point. 

Wolves (h) - 3-0 Win - Ince, Nugent & Vydra Goals.

We love playing Wolves. We always score goals against them. This won't be much different. Think it'll be a master class performance to take us within 2 points of the play offs. Ince, Nugent & Vydra all scoring good goals early and seeing the game out in the later stages. 

Rotherham (a) - 2-0 Win - Nugent x 2 Goals.

A very poor game, Rotherham well and truly relegated. At this point, We will know whether or not we can make the play offs. I hope that on the final day, Fulham & Sheffield Wednesday draw. A point a piece for them both could open the door for us. 

Final Points tally - 77 points.

Sheffield Wednesday Fixtures -

Cardiff (h) - Win 

QPR (a) - Lose

Derby County (h) - Draw

Ipswich (a) - Lose

Fulham (h) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 76

Fulham Fixtures -

Norwich (a) - Lose

Aston Villa (h) - Win

Huddersfield (a) - Lose

Brentford (h) - Lose

Sheffield Wednesday (a) - Draw

Final Points Tally - 71

End of season table -

6th - Derby County - 77 Points

7th - Sheffield Wednesday - 76 Points 

8th - Fulham - 71 Points

I might be a bit biased towards the Rams but I think we have the easiest run in of the 3 teams, We also have the momentum.

COYR!

Those results would give us 75 points, I think your maths is wrong.

no question, we have to beat the wendies. And win all our other games too. Even then we have to bank on wendies and fulham dropping points. 

On 11/04/2017 at 17:17, jagerbob said:

one mans pessimism is another mans realism.

Can you see wednesay finishing 3rd? ie leapfrogging two teams and clawing back 7 points?

No me neither.

its the same scenario as us finishing 6th.

You were spot on mate! 

4-0 at ******* Brentford? Jezze...

Pass the Jager's

even if we had won at Brentford  today    it still would have been  a  tall  order to get in play offs  ...   would mean that fulham . Wednesday  ,  would have had to have a run of results  of possibly 3 defeats  and a draw against each other  last game of season  ...   but we cant do our own job  ..so cant expect others to do it for us  ...   yet again Jan/Feb/March   put pay to our season ...   4 seasons  on the trot   weve been in top 5   over christmas period   only to fail miserably  in Jan/Feb/March

7 hours ago, SMOKE? said:

Huge Face Palm,

Had we had Chris Martin this season, we'd be at least thirty five points better off. IMHO

Do you not have anything better to do, such as follow your own team's promotion push, rather than coming on here and pretending to be a Derby fan posting about Martin?

Archived