The last 5 games - Play off hope?

RamsPolls

12 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Not sure what odds you would get even on an accumalator of that lot not happening. All are equally as impossible as each other. I actually think ours is the most unlikely of the 3. (if there is such a thing as one thing being more impossible than something else)

Bit pessimistic that.....lol

Get some more Jager's down your neck..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this stage, all we can do is play to win and do our best and see where it takes us.

We've left our fate in the hands of others, so there isn't much room for optimism. This is especially true given that we are seven points behind Sheffield Wednesday with only five games to play and have to overhaul at least two teams in the process. Too much to do and too little time to do it in.

While we have won three out of the four league games under Rowett, the only genuine surprise is that we beat Fulham. Otherwise we have beaten teams and got results that would be reasonable to expect under any manager.

Given that most of the results went against us on Saturday, we have to win all of our remaining games to stand a chance, so it's barely worth speculating over. Brentford will most probably beat us on Saturday and it'll be effectively all over for another year.

Personally, I'm looking to next season to see how Rowett really puts his mark on this team. We don't deserve to finish in the top six.

In real terms we have to win every one of the last 5 games. Then for both Wednesday and Fulham to choke by effectively winning less than 3 games. 

It's not impossible one weekend of the results going our way and it can all change. 

Personally i am surprised we are even here it's good that there is something still to play for. 

Can you imagine if we finish 1 Point ahead of Wednesday and fulham, after they draw on the last day, with Martin equalising with the last kick off the game. Then Martin runs round in delirium, on his own, whilst everyone else is distraught. 

Extremely remote chance, but an amusing thought. Even better, a last second own goal by Martin. 

Really really don't wanna come across as the pessimistic killjoy here but it's not gonna happen. 

Weds and Fulham are in better situations and BOTH aren't going to blow it. 

Having said this.. I'd love us to do Weds on their own patch ... Again :D

4 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Having said this.. I'd love us to do Weds on their own patch ... Again :D

This, purely for the "Derby's on fire, Wednesday are f**king terrified!" rendition. Assuming they drop points in the next 2 and we take maximum.

18 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

This, purely for the "Derby's on fire, Wednesday are f**king terrified!" rendition. Assuming they drop points in the next 2 and we take maximum.

They're bricking it on their forum .. lol 

But I actually reckon they'll do it... .. That finish line is staring them in the face now .. They beat Newcastle .. that's kinda convinced me . 

GR is an investment for NEXT season . 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I would love to see the Wendies finish 7th. A lot of them seem to have assumed they would absolutely walk it this season (much like we did to be fair).

I'd rather Wednesday make the Play offs than effing fulham ... 

Assuming we don't win our LOTTERY ticket last chance saloon ect :)

17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I would love to see the Wendies finish 7th. A lot of them seem to have assumed they would absolutely walk it this season (much like we did to be fair).

I also re-call Bristol City fans giving it the big one at the start of the season saying that they will finish above us and make it into the play offs. Love seeing them down near the bottom. 

54 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

To be fair, we'd have probably won the league that year had our entire spine not been wiped out. 

Archived